Mattress - which brand / types? Part 2

ton188

Banned
Reaction score
This is a continuation of this thread:

Mattress - which brand / types? - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

A reminder to members to stick to thread topic, any form of unsolicited content with self advertising will be removed and infraction point will be given.

Hi sir, with respect to you very much. Apologies to you. Was just doing national service and sharing my knowledge about mattresses when someone crazy became very disruptive... goosh... so ungracious and mean...

jnashera

Banned
Reaction score
After seeing all the comments, and as a consumer, I still support tony and his tilam king brand. Respect him for his guts to actively promote his brand amidst of all the competition and criticism.

After all as a consumer, I know brands are simply...brands. if tony is able to use similar or even better materials for his mattresses and at a cheaper cost compared to the established brands, my money goes to him.

Same goes to why people buy stuff online. It is much cheaper and sometimes quality also matches up. It is cheaper because they do not have have to pay shop rentals, or pay people to mend the retail stores etc. For tilam king's case, his price is cheaper because of the lack of advertisement and he obviously cannot mark up the price as his brand is not really internationally well known compared to the big S brands.

I will be buying a mattresses soon and I will definitely pay tilam king a visit. Reason being not only I support a fellow singaporean but I like to make my money worth it.

I am no way related to tony or his tilam king branding. Just a consumer going to buy a mattress as my new BTO is gonna be ready soon. And Tony also do not know me at all, just to make it clear.

We shouldnt bash an honest man making an honest living. From my point of view, disgruntled comments seems to be coming from local competitors? Or maybe just forumners who do not like the way Tony's approach and nothing better to do by starting a war.

So yea Tony, u still have my support, though I have yet to try your stuff, I believe in your concept. Will drop by once I received my BTO keys.

ton188

Banned
Reaction score
After seeing all the comments, and as a consumer, I still support tony and his tilam king brand. Respect him for his guts to actively promote his brand amidst of all the competition and criticism.

After all as a consumer, I know brands are simply...brands. if tony is able to use similar or even better materials for his mattresses and at a cheaper cost compared to the established brands, my money goes to him.

Same goes to why people buy stuff online. It is much cheaper and sometimes quality also matches up. It is cheaper because they do not have have to pay shop rentals, or pay people to mend the retail stores etc. For tilam king's case, his price is cheaper because of the lack of advertisement and he obviously cannot mark up the price as his brand is not really internationally well known compared to the big S brands.

I will be buying a mattresses soon and I will definitely pay tilam king a visit. Reason being not only I support a fellow singaporean but I like to make my money worth it.

I am no way related to tony or his tilam king branding. Just a consumer going to buy a mattress as my new BTO is gonna be ready soon. And Tony also do not know me at all, just to make it clear.

We shouldnt bash an honest man making an honest living. From my point of view, disgruntled comments seems to be coming from local competitors? Or maybe just forumners who do not like the way Tony's approach and nothing better to do by starting a war.

So yea Tony, u still have my support, though I have yet to try your stuff, I believe in your concept. Will drop by once I received my BTO keys.

shitt... i freaking tear when I see this bro... seriously... geez... thanks...

~WindzStriker~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't hang around this section of the forum until i see the mattress thread I was subscribed in, kena close down due to heated argument.

anyway came in to pruss 1 :s22:

jnashera

Banned
Reaction score
shitt... i freaking tear when I see this bro... seriously... geez... thanks...

Remember this nick "jnashera". When I drop by, you can always give me a hug.. or even better, a......=p

Haha. You have my support and respect really. Just ignore all this online trolls.
Continue to work harder to prove people wrong. Maybe you can also take into consideration some of the views of the public like for example, I saw people mentioning your mattresses are wrapped up etc.. maybe just maybe, sometimes opinions of people are worth listening to. For me I will of course prefer to lie on an unwrapped bed,as consumers definitely wanna try the stuff out before buying etc.

anyway, jia you! There are still people that believe in you.

LuckyGoHappy

Reaction score
anyone using Tempur sensation mattress? being compared with their original series, does it feel very warm/uncomfortable while you sleep throughout the night if aircon is not on...? :s22:

jnashera

Banned
Reaction score
Tony, still not got your pm. You're not keen to do my business?

He mentioned somewhere he was doing national service. Or maybe just too busy to log into forums lo. U should just call his office if its regarding business. He never reply in this forums means don wan your business meh? LOL

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
How to contact his office or his showroom (if he has one). My fren BTO is ready, sourcing for mattress now. Actually planned for a trip to MY for furniture and mattress but doing his wife visa he think leichey so they decided to buy local.

ton188

Banned
Reaction score
Tony, still not got your pm. You're not keen to do my business?

i got reply him... no worries

chill... no more fire...

only grace...

the frequency of me checking forums are mostly week days.

because weekends my shop is normally very busy... my hp also never check.

ton188

Banned
Reaction score
How to contact his office or his showroom (if he has one). My fren BTO is ready, sourcing for mattress now. Actually planned for a trip to MY for furniture and mattress but doing his wife visa he think leichey so they decided to buy local.

from now on I will only PM my personal info and details.

so the topic can stick to strictly info on sourcing and buying of good high quality mattresses at the best value possible.

ton188

Banned
Reaction score

Also my take on JB sourcing of furniture.

It is actually a smart idea. you just got to factor in some points.

7% GST + transport into SG

Not all furnitures are cheaper in Msia. Sometimes in SG siao siao one, will also slash prices. Also depends on how you bargain, and the kind of shops you go to in SG.

and you probably need to buy enough so that one lorry can hold all your furniture. To maximize the trip cost.

Other then that if price is the reason why you cross boarder , I rather you stick to IKEA, and when spoil, buy new one ;) new look ;)

hahah also an option.

even though I have loads of kakis in the furniture industry else where, I still support IKEA due to the feel of hands on. I kinda like to DIY my own stuff.

I know I say very generic, because I do not know what you looking for... but for smaller items can consider the good old ikea. fun family time also.

Just my 2 cents worth buddy :)

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
I am a ikea person, unlike him. Anyway, if this week if he is free, probably drop by your paya lebar office for viewing.

ton188

Banned
Reaction score
I am a ikea person, unlike him. Anyway, if this week if he is free, probably drop by your paya lebar office for viewing.

hahaha I also Ikea person. Love to go there for the food and all the wuwahboh.

just their mattress LOL i dont know how to explain :p

I better not say anything bad about ikea, cos I honestly love them so much.

1$ hotdog FTW!

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
hahaha I also Ikea person. Love to go there for the food and all the wuwahboh.

just their mattress LOL i dont know how to explain :p

I better not say anything bad about ikea, cos I honestly love them so much.

1$ hotdog FTW!

But seriously, their mattress is totally unsuitable!! But I did bought their bed/mattress for my daughters. They loved it! Their lightings are lousy too. The rest of ikea, me and my family loves it! :D

Last edited:

Timperial

Reaction score
I am now so afraid to post in this thread due to the debate.

Can we just talk about mattress and their brands in general?

I went to a slumberland outlet in westgate just 2 days ago after seeing their promotion.

Anyone is using slumberland TempSmart 3.0? Its a sping-on-spring technology.

Pointers I have taken

1) Better body and spinal support.

2) It is much more cooler than most mattress (might be as they are even using a polar bear for advertisement.

3) They will only make the mattress 2 weeks from delivery (no fear of bugs)

Any comments?

ton188

Banned
Reaction score
I am now so afraid to post in this thread due to the debate.

Can we just talk about mattress and their brands in general?

I went to a slumberland outlet in westgate just 2 days ago after seeing their promotion.

Anyone is using slumberland TempSmart 3.0? Its a sping-on-spring technology.

Pointers I have taken

1) Better body and spinal support.

2) It is much more cooler than most mattress (might be as they are even using a polar bear for advertisement.

3) They will only make the mattress 2 weeks from delivery (no fear of bugs)

Any comments?

Hi sir I do a break down on some of the realities in what brands try to do.

Slumberland is the brand of the mattress.

Tempsmart is ONLY a model name, it do not means that the mattress has temperature regulation.

The technologies companies claim are very vague, it is important to ultimately know the source of the components.

You see as a consumer like yourself, brands spends money repackaging themselves up to impress you.

But repackaging on what? nicer names, nicer animals to represent, nicer brochures, better looking outlook etc.

You still do not know the component.

For the longest time being in this industry, I have seen this and trust me this is real, no brands actually showcase strengths of components.

My ideology is simple, if all the components are proven high quality, the mattress is not lousy. Hence you will deem the sale as a valid and it is money worth.

But if the ideology is based solely on marketing, it is manipulated, it is tempered, there isn't proof or a mediator to validate the premium.

As a consumer, we probably will want to think twice.

Again, I just wish to reemphasizes on the basis of Science vs Marketing.

Science is substance.

Marketing is bullcrap.

Just purely on my opinion, you can do more research with google, Google is probably the best mediator out there which is factual and logical.

2 cents

ton188

Banned
Reaction score
But seriously, their mattress is totally unsuitable!! But I did bought their bed/mattress for my daughters. They loved it! Their lightings are lousy too. The rest of ikea, me and my family loves it! :D

there you go bro, that is sultan mattress for you with 25 years warranty LOL.

i like their lights, cos their bulbs are cheap and good. I do not need those super bright kind, cheap and good can liao ;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.