Men Office Wear Thread (2nd Thread)

tofuguy

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
4,677
Reaction score
2
Anyone knows any tailors that doesn't outsource their shirts to china, malaysia but actually sews?
 

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
24,917
Reaction score
942
Where's your tailor bro? How much is it? How's the quality?

I like.

4th shirts already. Suit coming soon, but they aren't cheap (to me).

Quality wise, I think it's better than the first tailor I went. That shirt I made 2 years ago, is falling apart. Threading coming off with each wash.

This one is alot better. They've been in the business over 30years already. Loyal customers aplenty so their order books are always filled. Plus they aren't located in town so their rates are definitely cheaper than those tailors located in the CBD.
 

iceking19

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2008
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
I like.

4th shirts already. Suit coming soon, but they aren't cheap (to me).

Quality wise, I think it's better than the first tailor I went. That shirt I made 2 years ago, is falling apart. Threading coming off with each wash.

This one is alot better. They've been in the business over 30years already. Loyal customers aplenty so their order books are always filled. Plus they aren't located in town so their rates are definitely cheaper than those tailors located in the CBD.

mind sharing your tailor? if it's not convenient, kindly drop me a PM? many thanks!
 

hst201

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2010
Messages
944
Reaction score
0
I've a problem with slipping socks. I've tried many socks and they all always slip down to the ankles. And the problem is my skin will show when I sit down which is not what I want.

Any brand of socks to recommend that doesn't slip down, tried and tested?

My suggestion is to go for knee length socks. They hold up well, and because of the length your calf will not show even when you are seated down.

I wear exclusively knee length socks these days for this reason :)
 

Patience

Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2007
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
Looking for a nice thin (but not too thin) pullover for the office. Where can I get a nice selection?
 

MetaBonker

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
689
Reaction score
0
nice !

20820926254d5a3e9d1bec4.jpg

Post more pics bro if you have, i need new designs to be inspired so that i can create my own haha.
 

vodaboy

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2001
Messages
1,424
Reaction score
6
metro got sell renoma non-slip socks
Yeah saw that it says non-slip, have tried those before but also slips :s22:

My suggestion is to go for knee length socks. They hold up well, and because of the length your calf will not show even when you are seated down.

I wear exclusively knee length socks these days for this reason :)
Cool... any recommendations? Where and what brand do you get?
 

hst201

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2010
Messages
944
Reaction score
0
Socks also must wear branded? :eek:

Not really. I am just listing down the brands that have over-the-knee socks in response to the query from another member on this thread. The key thing is the socks must durable and comfortable to wear. I also have socks from New and Lingwood, M&S (which I found to be very reasonably priced if you buy them esp in the UK).

do u know where panterella socks can be found locally?

I haven't seen them locally.
 

tfkmueh

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2000
Messages
35,858
Reaction score
5,324
I've a problem with slipping socks. I've tried many socks and they all always slip down to the ankles. And the problem is my skin will show when I sit down which is not what I want.

Any brand of socks to recommend that doesn't slip down, tried and tested?
i have 3 pairs of hush puppies socks bought in Thailand which does not slide down easily and the band still does not loosen after multiple wash, IIRC i bought it last year.

this year i bought another 3 pairs of Hush Puppies sock which was on sales, and it easily slide down and sometimes irritate my skin.

i dont know the difference but i find the thailand one is better quality than local even though its of same line and material feel the same.
 

ggzx08

Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
307
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I have a noob question. May I know what you wear to keep yourself warm in the office when you are in long sleeve shirt? Sweater? Windbreak? Etc? Where do you get them from? Thks in advance.
 

new_bie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
752
Reaction score
9
which brands is the best in term of price & quality in dempartment store for shirts & pants
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top