
tm lewin having a sale. worth to go?
besides the typical and "boring" black pants + shirts, what other style can we wear to office? i see some people wear to work their style is quite vibrant and abit funky. not the typical type. but i have not tried it, not sure if it will work well on me.
any advice on how do i mix and match my attire to attain that "level"??
![]()
depends on your occupation and office culture
your 'typical' look gives the most professional outlook and respect.
any places gt nice slim fit shirt? nid to buy it by tonite. haha.
any recommendation for belt and shoes as well? Thanks in advance. Cheers =)
for those who wear neck tie, how to ensure that it is worn comfortably? though neck tie has been considered uncomfortable by many, i've seen people who can practically wear it the whole day without even removing it till he reaches home...
too tight or too loose collars will make you look a bit funny...
went online some sites said if you can place your index finger in between your collar and neck then its a good fit but then when it comes to swallowing food or water there's still a slight 'choking' of the neck against the collar...

Anyone has any comments on the Uniqlo +J range?
Raoul. Their shirts have 3 cuttings. Straignt, tapered, slim. Go for their slim.
what are the price ranges?
109 for their normal range.
Up to 169 for their premium 2 ply.
Their indulgence line costs more than $250.
Raoul? I think can give it a miss.
Previously their material I quite like, but now u are paying 169 for their 1ply.
Their 2ply dun feel like 2 ply anymore. tsk tsk tsk.
Standard Dropped alot
you need a week to get used to it, after that, it is like putting on a belt after your pants.
During my 1st week of work, someone also told me that w/o tie he felt very informal and slackand now I felt the same way too. So therefore people like me can wear tie until I reach home (second reason is I will lose the tie if take it off. somehow it will gone missing. Proven.so dun take off tie until home I wont loss tie. also proven)
How to wear a tie? it boils down the collar, max 3fingers in, it has to taut. it and look sharp and alert.
If collar too big, it will just hang there, it look lazy and kuku.
Slight choking? if you button up w/o the tie, does it feel choking?
if yes, then the collar too small. If no, then you tie too tight and hard. machiam hang yourself.
I am very particular on collar, to understand more try putting on tie on yr every shirt. it probabaly give you different result. The one that suit you is yr collar size.
Hope it helps.
Initially it feels pretty uneasy, but now I already feel uneasy wearing a shirt without a tie. Looks slack. So ya I also wear my tie until I reach home, even if i go out after work. And also if I take it out, I have no where to put it. Pocket is too small to contain a tie without creasing it.
Yes I agree with inzaghi009, every shirt feels different when you wear a tie. Even different ties on the same shirt does matter. When I wear a thick, tough and rough tie it chokes me sometimes when there are sudden neck movements or when eating. But if I wear a good quality silk tie, it will somehow be able to loosen itself when you suddenly turn your head or swallow something big.
I am particular about looking sharp, so my collar size must be just taut enough for that, but not too tight to choke me. It takes abit of trying out and getting used to.