Mental illness

Reborn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2001
Messages
44,095
Reaction score
17,371
被害妄想症. Schizo. High vigilance or sth.
I got an ex who has this. Diagnosed. I saw her report.
Everyday thinks her friends not loyal to her, do bad to her, not good etc. Knn.

Only those who help themselves can be helped.
bipolar ah?
 

Iamnobodyla

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 14, 2020
Messages
6,359
Reaction score
2,838
被害妄想症. Schizo. High vigilance or sth.
I got an ex who has this. Diagnosed. I saw her report.
Everyday thinks her friends not loyal to her, do bad to her, not good etc. Knn.

Only those who help themselves can be helped.
How is ur ex now? Hope she is fine now… although cannot be cured, at least can control symptoms and lead a normal life as long as possible
 

addict951

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Messages
188,384
Reaction score
20,625
My family member is paranoid with smell since 1 year ago... But on somebody harming my family member in dark, about 10 years... It wasn't recently that my family member's action was showing fear and etc that we realise it could be form of mental health... Haiz
Is it 1 of your siblings or parents? :look:
 

plaingrain

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2025
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
2,464
be open, but i don't think be open on the internet.
We have communities on the internet supporting one another where mental illnesses are concerned, it's not that scary, really. Some mental health sufferers prefer anonymity, but there are others who are more gung-ho and we go public with our stories of mental disorders because we try to lead by example. I have been doing this for eight years, I'm ok with it, honestly. It has become a cause and / or calling for me.
 

Monstruo^

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
24,870
Reaction score
12,967
How is ur ex now? Hope she is fine now… although cannot be cured, at least can control symptoms and lead a normal life as long as possible
Duno. I don’t give a F about her.

Do note that it has nth to do with her mental illness and I don’t judge her in this at all as I also accompanied her to therapy. It was sth else she did.
 

Reborn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2001
Messages
44,095
Reaction score
17,371
Not bipolar. Schizophrenia. And other stuff.
I saw her report.
Luckily we parted. Heng ah.
Not because she has these then I hiam, but her personality also got sth wrong. Really do me more harm than good.
nothing wrong with breaking up with someone with schizo if you really feel you cannot cope with it.

no point claiming another victim to mental illness just to be in liine with some loyalty bullsheet.
 

Reborn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2001
Messages
44,095
Reaction score
17,371
We have communities on the internet supporting one another where mental illnesses are concerned, it's not that scary, really. Some mental health sufferers prefer anonymity, but there are others who are more gung-ho and we go public with our stories of mental disorders because we try to lead by example. I have been doing this for eight years, I'm ok with it, honestly. It has become a cause and / or calling for me.
Good for u.
 

Monstruo^

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
24,870
Reaction score
12,967
nothing wrong with breaking up with someone with schizo if you really feel you cannot cope with it.

no point claiming another victim to mental illness just to be in liine with some loyalty bullsheet.
We didn’t break up because of her schizo. It was sth else about her lor, not related to mental illness. But yah if break up over this also nth wrong bah.

But her condition did affect me mentally and emotionally during that time. I even need to see a psych that time. She asked to be friends, I said no. Usually I’m ok to be friends after breakup, but this one no. Mlmlwm

I only know she got such issues some months later into the relationship. No one can help her except her psych and maybe if she changed her way of thinking which is more important.

Thoughts and feelings lead to actions and consequences. Your thoughts might not be true and might not reflect reality, it is what you tell yourself, but are they true? Need to keep challenging yourself and question yourself. She cannot, and fall into rumination. To identify own’s issue and change own’s thinking is not easy.
 

Mountainnodew

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2022
Messages
5,752
Reaction score
2,499
If you can’t handle it, means the person needs professional help. You can call the sos hotline for advice. It’s safer to act before anything worst can happened.
 

XiaoChilli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2012
Messages
19,688
Reaction score
6,556
My family member is paranoid with smell since 1 year ago... But on somebody harming my family member in dark, about 10 years... It wasn't recently that my family member's action was showing fear and etc that we realise it could be form of mental health... Haiz
Dun drag too long. If fast take meds can control symptoms. Too long the brain get in this state and might cause permanent damage to the brain le.. it is irreversible.

If he or she see someone and imagine is the dark shadow. What if he or she harm the person?
And also, if he or she imagine someone which is a dark shadow chasing him or her. What if he or she leap down a building while escaping?

U should not seek permission to bring him or her to see a pysch and mai tu liao
 

plaingrain

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2025
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
2,464
@plaingrain

what was your prevous nick?
My previous nick was @zeebrugge , back then I was using my nick to monitor posts at EDMW and reporting back to PAP (specifically then Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen), but after he retired I asked the HWZ Admin to suspend my old account, and now I'm back using a non-political personal pseudonym. I no longer serve the PAP though I still hold centre-right views.

Thank you all. It's my sibling. @plaingrain , can share the website on communities link if there is?

Sure.

🌈 Singapore Association for Mental Health (https://www.samhealth.org.sg/) is a well known community which does outreach to mental illness sufferers and their next of kin or caregivers. They also conduct classes and workshops as well as provide employability support to those with mental special needs.

:) The Tapestry Project Singapore (https://thetapestryproject.sg/) is an up and coming charitable organisation which encourages participants to note down their stories in journal articles and they help publish tales of mental patients - whether their journey to overcoming illnesses, to tales of destigmatisation. The founder too suffered from mental illness when she was younger, so she knows how it's like to be in pain.

🙏 Mindfull Community (https://www.mindfull.org.sg/) offers peer-led support groups, caregiver education and empowerment programmes to both persons in recovery as well as caregivers.

💛 OcTave (https://www.nhghealth.com.sg/find-care/Service/imh-octave-outpatient-rehab-centre) is a project by IMH which aims at reskilling and upskilling mental patients to help them resettle in new jobs so that patients can continue to live dignified lives. I used to be part of the programme until I left it to help my aunt in her construction business.

(y) Project Green Ribbon (https://www.projectgreenribbon.org/) is mostly meant for youths dealing with a variety of mental disorders. They offer safe shelters for youths who have difficulty staying in a fixed house, and they also help with destigmatisation. The founder of this project Mdm Anne Ling Hsieh has led a tough life since her teenage years, so she offers a useful hearing ear for those who might need her experience and expertise.

There are a lot more mental health resources out there, but the ones I cited above are those that I am a participant of. Others may have comparable resources to share.
 

Lao_Tiko

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2025
Messages
2,111
Reaction score
1,192
Duno. I don’t give a F about her.

Do note that it has nth to do with her mental illness and I don’t judge her in this at all as I also accompanied her to therapy. It was sth else she did.
Can ask is it like this? 🥹🤐

WMPFR52.gif
 

tan kuku

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 19, 2014
Messages
43,854
Reaction score
7,438
How do you convince a family member to see a mental doctor when they claim they are ok? I have try to soft-spoke that they seem unsound but was upright rejected/refused for few times... Any edmw with such situation?

It's tiring as caregiver to try to assure them it's ok and keep hearing about their fear daily...
Watch this beedio lor

 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top