Microsoft Surface

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
Too ex already la and heavy.

Touch cover is unique as it is water and dust proof. Good for resort, beach use.

Type cover very good in typing fast.

Power cover no doubt extra juice 500g heavier

there's a proper use case for that.
normal usage as a tablet outside, can just use as it is without the cover of keyboard. this type usually just watch video, surfing net. not much productivity.

then there's the ultrabook type of use case, where people use the pro 2 as an ultrabook.

so, just need to bring the power cover in a sleeve or bag is more than enough. the tablet can just hold in hand.

for me...i might see myself using type or power cover at home as a ultrabook replacement. and detach it when moving around or going out and use just as a tablet.

but if planning to do some work on the go or work trip, then i would bring the cover along.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
haha...then I have to wait a few months when I finally get the pro2?

I hope by the time my case is here...the pro 2 will be launched around the same time.

enriqueyang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how many mah is the power cover?

can it charge hp n other device if the tablet is not on?

koikoe

Reaction score
but i talk so much also no use.
no surface pro in hand.
and pro 2 don't know cow come home also haven't release here yet. :vijayadmin:

and my surface pro/2 case already scheduled to deliver in Apr. :s22:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chrisleung/freedomcase-adjustable-stand-and-case-for-microsof

thanks for sharing. I find this product is really interesting and most likely will be incredibly useful as it provides multiple angles which my current surface pro 1 only limit to poor angle.
might consider ordering this soon.

Do provide feedback on the quality of the case :s13:

expositox

Reaction score
Interested in getting Surface 2, Should be can qualify for student discount, 10% off, 556.20 for 32GB model, worth it not ah.
But most importantly, can I do some light video processing on it? Are there decent apps for it?
TIA!

Last edited:

picagen

Reaction score
but i talk so much also no use.
no surface pro in hand.
and pro 2 don't know cow come home also haven't release here yet. :vijayadmin:

and my surface pro/2 case already scheduled to deliver in Apr. :s22:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chrisleung/freedomcase-adjustable-stand-and-case-for-microsof

The case is not coming in Apr.. its been delay till mid-may, and if you take the default international shipping(US$10) it would take maybe another 1-2weeks. so end up maybe in June.. so you still have plenty of time... (*UPDATE: New delivery date estimated to be mid-May, 2014)

Anyway, why r u waiting? just go order one online and just ship it over if you really needed one.. You are right, you talk so much also no use, go and turn your talking into action...

picagen

Reaction score
Sell your case to me

You can pre-order it at FreedomCase | The freedom to use your Surface anywhere.

He doesn't have the case yet, its only just started tooling and production, takes a month before it ships from China to US before it gets shipped over to anyone in SG.

Their timeline...
March 16 - April 20*, 2014: Preparing machinery and tooling, and PRODUCTION.
April 20* - April 30*, 2014: Your FreedomCase and gifts get on a boat (we’re on a boat!) en route to our fulfillment center.
May 1, 2014 - May 14*, 2014: Your gifts start going out … and you start using your Surface the way you want!
*UPDATE: New delivery date estimated to be mid-May, 2014

picagen

Reaction score
Interested in getting Surface 2, Should be can qualify for student discount, 10% off, 556.20 for 32GB model, worth it not ah.
But most importantly, can I do some light video processing on it? Are there decent apps for it?
TIA!

You may like to check out ITC Chronicles: Day 29 – Video Editing and Movie Making with the Surface RT

Worth it or not really depends on your needs, do more read up and reviews, go to a store a play with it.. Think of it as a ipad/android tablet with less apps(its still very young) but with a useful msoffice 2013 in it. don't compare it with a macbook or a ultrabook. If its what you need and the price is right.. be productive... :)

mikengtw

Reaction score
Any ideas when is Surface Pro 2

Any ideas when is Surface Pro 2 coming... ?? Still no news :(

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
You can pre-order it at FreedomCase | The freedom to use your Surface anywhere.

He doesn't have the case yet, its only just started tooling and production, takes a month before it ships from China to US before it gets shipped over to anyone in SG.

Their timeline...
March 16 - April 20*, 2014: Preparing machinery and tooling, and PRODUCTION.
April 20* - April 30*, 2014: Your FreedomCase and gifts get on a boat (we’re on a boat!) en route to our fulfillment center.
May 1, 2014 - May 14*, 2014: Your gifts start going out … and you start using your Surface the way you want!
*UPDATE: New delivery date estimated to be mid-May, 2014

thanks. at least it means i could most likely ger mt hands on a pro2 by then.

mikengtw

Reaction score
it's anyone's guess.

Ya I guess so ..yesterday went for walk around all shopping area all selling RT 2 version, which
I am not very interested at all. But still cannot see any set Surface Pro, ask one of the Challenger
shop all said sold out . Ask them about Pro 2 all could out from answer "Don't Know" , this is
most boring part..

miragez

Reaction score
I am also waiting to get the pro 2 to come to sg... I think the first batch arrival that comes out will be sold out.... :s13:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol! First batch sure sold out. Whoever go USA or Hongkong just buy there la. So much cheaper

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya I guess so ..yesterday went for walk around all shopping area all selling RT 2 version, which
I am not very interested at all. But still cannot see any set Surface Pro, ask one of the Challenger
shop all said sold out . Ask them about Pro 2 all could out from answer "Don't Know" , this is
most boring part..

ya. pro has been oos since at least last week.
coz i was practically calling up the branches and running around those which "had" stocks. basically went on wild goose chase. gave up, so now wait for pro 2 or see if my family anyone going hongkong or not lol.

worse come to worse, dell pro 11 seems good.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.