Microsoft Surface

qwerty_poi

Reaction score
One to one exchange. A courier will swap the unit with u

Sent from Sony SGP771 using GAGT

Since double 11 sale is around the corner. Perhaps I will like to write about the change in Microsoft policy.

As of November 2020, there will not be a 1-1 swap by the courier like the old days when I had my SP3.

Bought SPX in Jul 2020, keyboard and pen couldn’t connect in 2 November 2020. Was told to send in the spoilt set and they need to inspect before sending a replacement one over. I went from SP3 to Mac/iPad and to SPX which I thought they would have improve the QC. After so long, still so shitty. But they are the only ones with such a nice hinge tablet.

its already 10 November 2020, and there is still no news/email telling me that they are sending a replacement over. Lesson learnt, they aren’t reliable yet to be your main device.
Too bad, buy at your own risk

ryry212

Reaction score
Bought a surface pro 7 when it was released, and now facing some issues with the keyboard cover. At times at regular typing position the tablet cannot sense the keyboard and I have to keep adjusting / disconnect reconnect for it to be able to work. Very problematic since I use it at work. Anyone has a fix for this?

Illusionist_85

Honorary Member
Reaction score
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Surface-Laptop-4-powered-by-AMD-Renoir-Surface-Edition-shows-up-on-Geekbench-with-2x-the-multi-core-performance-compared-to-Picasso-Surface-Pro-8-powered-by-Core-i7-1185G7-also-seen.507652.0.html

Posted from PCWX using Rem mm is best waifu

xuanweng

Reaction score
Mine surface pro 5 had the spinning hard disk icon. Wanted to boot from USB but doesnt seem to detect my usb at all.

Tried downloading the recovery image from microsoft but not sure why the .wim.mrk file is 0 bytes.

pokagreen

Reaction score
Does anyone send in their surface pro for one to one exchange before? I raised a service order but there isn't any instruction to print out the shipping label. All i got is that singpost will contact me within 2 days.

Shipping label still needed? Hopefully can get some advice

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone send in their surface pro for one to one exchange before? I raised a service order but there isn't any instruction to print out the shipping label. All i got is that singpost will contact me within 2 days.

Shipping label still needed? Hopefully can get some advice

singpost will call you and come collect. put in your own box pass to singpost

benyyy

Reaction score
Bought a surface pro 7 when it was released, and now facing some issues with the keyboard cover. At times at regular typing position the tablet cannot sense the keyboard and I have to keep adjusting / disconnect reconnect for it to be able to work. Very problematic since I use it at work. Anyone has a fix for this?
it’s fine for me

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
Anyone had any issues with your surface pro X keyboard? Tried all the troubleshooting steps but to no avail. Sent my device and keyboard back to Microsoft service centre (via online warranty service, collected by SingPost) but they returned it back to me without rectifying the issue! Tried to log another service request online and then there is an error indicating “deliveries cannot be made to PO Boxes, parcel lockers....” which clearly mine is a home address. Super frustrated with the Microsoft surface service team!

Sherra

Master Member
Reaction score
Where can I get the best deal for a Microsoft surface pro 7+??

Looking at the addons for it right, is the cover also doubling up as the keyboard?

Sherra

Master Member
Reaction score
just gotten the pro7+

Anyone have any good recommendation on where to get a good screen protector for it?

And why when pressing Shift + 2 to get a @, it instead gives me a " ?

FluffyCreamy

Reaction score
Where can I get the best deal for a Microsoft surface pro 7+??

Looking at the addons for it right, is the cover also doubling up as the keyboard?

Did you managed to find a good deal for 7+? I'm interested to get the 7+ too

Sherra

Master Member
Reaction score
Did you managed to find a good deal for 7+? I'm interested to get the 7+ too

i ordered directly from microsoft website.

I enquired from the resellers in microsoft website, and they either have no stock for the LTE version, or they require a indent lead time of 3-5 weeks..

The specs i was going for were
256gb SSD
16gb ram
Lte
and trying my luck for black.

So in the end get the above specs but in platinum version from microsoft website and got it delivered to me within a week.

FluffyCreamy

Reaction score

I enquired from the resellers in microsoft website, and they either have no stock for the LTE version, or they require a indent lead time of 3-5 weeks..

256gb SSD
16gb ram
Lte

So in the end get the above specs but in platinum version from microsoft website and got it delivered to me within a week.

Do you know if the listed resellers might have better deals than the official website? I'm actually just looking at i7, 256gb, but wondering if can find better deal anywhere else... U emailed or called the resellers?

Sherra

Master Member
Reaction score
yeap its slightly cheaper,

just at the cost of waiting time,
2-4 weeks

Mortgage Advisor

Reaction score

256gb SSD
16gb ram
Lte

yes the black one is super nice

Mortgage Advisor

Reaction score
anybody got issues connecting surface pen and laptop? have tried replacing the battery removing driver etc but nothing seems to work

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.