Microsoft Surface

junialum

Master Member
Reaction score
Official: Surface RT will be coming to SG end March.

Surface Pro will be going to more countries but SG not on the list as yet. Maybe round 2 like RT?

Broadening the availability of Surface RT and Surface Pro

Edit: Well, the Surface blog first said end March. Then, they changed RT's SG launch to 'coming months'. Either playing safe or not confident.

Last edited:

Kyo_kusanagi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, that good news for those who are willing to wait and not import online. While the pro might not launch in SG, the fact that HK will receive it means it is cheaper and easier to import in...

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I could help out - I've a Surface.
Check PM.

My surface type cover stopped working suddenly... Gone through a chat with MS support, done everything short of a refresh, but refresh is really a hassle. Any kind soul willing to lend me his surface for a moment to try on my type cover??? :(

junialum

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow, that good news for those who are willing to wait and not import online. While the pro might not launch in SG, the fact that HK will receive it means it is cheaper and easier to import in...

Think the Pro will come officially to SG. It's a matter of time and inventory management. Earliest end of this year probably. Don't know if mobile Haswell chips will be ready by then.

jensen3112

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a surface pro with type cover urgently. Anyone selling please email me at jensen3112@gmail.com. Doesn't matter if BN or Used.

Thanks,
Jensen

kayaker

Reaction score
Hi guys. Anyone has this weird problem with the type cover where the trackpad is not detectable for a while. But once you manage to type something, the trackpad will work again? Doesn't seem to be hardware problem...

TheDisgruntedCitizen

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Anyone has this weird problem with the type cover where the trackpad is not detectable for a while. But once you manage to type something, the trackpad will work again? Doesn't seem to be hardware problem...

disable power saving for the socket???

murtabakx

Reaction score
If Surface Pro is eventually released in Singapore will it at least be a revised version if it's release was really late in the year? (considering how fast technology changes)

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
It's possible. Haswell will require a slightly newer chipset to enable all its power saving features.

biscuitee

Reaction score
Hi, is there any surface owner here? I just got a surface pro from US, but my power adapter is not working :( My surface can boot up no problem, but I want to confirm if it is my power adapter that is faulty and not the surface unable to charge.

Anyone can help to let me try on your power adapter to charge my surface pro? I can meet you at your place at your convenient

so sad, the first day i got it already got problem. :(

appreciate if you can sms me 9.0.3.eight.eight.eight.three.0 if you can help .

biscuitee

Reaction score
anyone know where can I buy the surface pro 48w power adapter locally?

murtabakx

Reaction score
It's possible. Haswell will require a slightly newer chipset to enable all its power saving features.

thanks for the reply... I'm still pondering whether to wait or to get another tablet/laptop type now (since I do have some kind of a need; yet the surface pro's build quality appears to be a notch above some of the tablet/laptop types I've seen so far)

But in any case, do you guys here - especially surface owners - know of any current tablet/laptop hybrid types available in Singapore that are comparable to the surface pro? (e.g. build quality, features (like the special touch screen with stylus kinda thing))

Thanks.

Benks1994

Reaction score
thanks for the reply... I'm still pondering whether to wait or to get another tablet/laptop type now (since I do have some kind of a need; yet the surface pro's build quality appears to be a notch above some of the tablet/laptop types I've seen so far)

But in any case, do you guys here - especially surface owners - know of any current tablet/laptop hybrid types available in Singapore that are comparable to the surface pro? (e.g. build quality, features (like the special touch screen with stylus kinda thing))

Thanks.

Acer Iconia w700 is comparable to surface pro as it's price point is also around the price of surface pro. I own an acer iconia w700 tablet. Both tablets specs are the same but w700 have a longer battery life compared to the Surface Pro. The bad point about w700 is it's not a active digitizer that enables the pen, no mircro-sd or sd card reader but it comes with a mini-HDMI port with a provided cable mini-HDMI to VGA for presentation. Also the build quality of w700 is pretty solid. You can google about this machine it's pretty neat.

Cheers,
Ben.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
I just saw a promo at Courts Megastore Tampines, Acer W700 with Core i5 with 64gb SSD selling for $899! I was so tempted but it doesn't have active stylus. It's the Win8 slate with the LONGEST battery life for an 11.6" screen.

Benks1994

Reaction score
I just saw a promo at Courts Megastore Tampines, Acer W700 with Core i5 with 64gb SSD selling for $899! I was so tempted but it doesn't have active stylus. It's the Win8 slate with the LONGEST battery life for an 11.6" screen.

Yupp it uses a capacitive stylus, I did't say it's still pretty neat, but an active stylus would be better of course. But for this price and specs comparing to other tablets it's like the best buy. Btw I own the 128gb, I think the 64GB is a little too less.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.