Microsoft Surface

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
is pro 2 worth getting? looking for sth portable able to run windows programmes like MS office, computing programmes like R.

bedlamite

Reaction score
Hi anyone of you have problem charging your RT? Mine has no light indicator after inserting the plug. Have to fiddle here and there for many times before I'm able to charge it. It's getting really annoying.
that happened to me once, have you tried removing your charger from the power socket and reseating it? Replugging the ac charger worked for me

Failing that, there's always MS support heh

XasakuraX said:
is pro 2 worth getting? looking for sth portable able to run windows programmes like MS office, computing programmes like R.
IMHO the Pro/Pro 2 is trapped in a very strange place between 2 form factors, it's smaller than an ultrabook but weighs just as much. It's got the form factor of a tablet but it's heavy compared to an iPad (or even an RT), thus a Pro isn't really meant for prolonged handheld use. if you need ultraportability, or a smallish handwriting device that does Windows/Office, it's an excellent machine without any peers, but for regular usage, I really think people could just go with a regular ultrabook.

How are people enjoying their Surface so far? the only major issue I have with the device is that I REALLY need somebody to come up with reliable mkv playback from this thing. I'd happily pay for a solution but VLC is still far far away from release

poooooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

using pro 1 for weeks,

don't think you will need the pro 1 unless you have a needs for the wacom digitizer. the strong point is the ability to draw/take note on the go.

the tablet aspect of pro 1 is really something i find not useful. metro, bing etc etc doesnt really work for local context, will still go back and use a fast android device for surfing, social and music on the go. the metro really annoys the hell out of me.

i bought solely to add this as an extension between my pc and phone. and it does the job well, as mention earlier , the ability to draw/take note and show slide on the go and install windows programme onto it.

do give these site a read for more opinions,
Opinion
Windows Tablet Forum

just :) moi 2 cent

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
yar.. one reason y i wanna get pro 2 is cos of the pen. want sth can scribble on notes/ draw digitally (cos i wanna learn illustration). then again, maybe better to get ultrabook + wacom draw=pad thingy :/

dumdo_750

Reaction score
anyone knows how to configure the homepage of the internet explorer in RT?

edit: k nvm found

Last edited:

chows99

Reaction score
Any1 who still want to buy surface RT with type cover at student offer can PM me

Aw2006

Reaction score
anyone knows how to configure the homepage of the internet explorer in RT?

edit: k nvm found
You can select your desired homepage and pin to start. I think that is the way. I did that for google.com.sg. Didn't like the Bing page

Aw2006

Reaction score
I sold off my iPad 2 for a surface RT. Seriously if not for the full office, surface is really no fight for iPad. Load up time few seconds slower (few sec is like eternity). Not so responsive touch, even miss hit a few times. Poor backpage and no front page application. Miss my iPad already.

watchlor

Reaction score
I sold off my iPad 2 for a surface RT. Seriously if not for the full office, surface is really no fight for iPad. Load up time few seconds slower (few sec is like eternity). Not so responsive touch, even miss hit a few times. Poor backpage and no front page application. Miss my iPad already.

Updated 8.1 already?

xbfloater

Reaction score
I updated the firmware this morning and now the Type keyboard can't accept keystrokes, only the track pad is working...

Please hold on to the update if possible if yours is a RT, as recovery is not possible on RT sets. BTW, I was previously on Wins 8.1 RT Preview...

fcplaystore

Reaction score
I updated the firmware this morning and now the Type keyboard can't accept keystrokes, only the track pad is working...

Please hold on to the update if possible if yours is a RT, as recovery is not possible on RT sets. BTW, I was previously on Wins 8.1 RT Preview...

i didnt upgrade to 8.1 preview version previously...do you mean the surface rt 8.1 finalised version is already ready for update? I thought the official date is on 18th Oct ? In win 8.1, is there a better browsing experience??

Baal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No problem here after the firmware auto update early in the morning. I'm using the Touch Cover keyboard though and typing this on my Surface RT (Windows RT 8.1 preview) with the Touch Cover.

bedlamite

Reaction score
RT runs on Tegra 3, which is terribly terribly outdated hardware, especially compared to the new Apple A6X CPUs. The new T4 chip in the Surface 2 is supposed to be much better although we'll only know for ourselves when the new tablet comes out. I've never had an issue with touch, you might need to run calibration and do a little tweaking for responsiveness (plenty of guides on Google).

Is backpage/frontpage = IE? not sure what you're trying to say there

8.1 drops in 2 days right? Until then just hold off from updating to the preview release

natureview02

Reaction score
Anyone knows where to buy the Surface Screen protector other than challenger? Looking for alternative source as well as for the MS surface RT casing.

Thanks

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where to buy the Surface Screen protector other than challenger? Looking for alternative source as well as for the MS surface RT casing.

Thanks

try dx.com

I am still trying very hard to find a RMVB player..free one that is...
the store is stable? I scare buy some app and will not get full access..

is VLC going to RT at all ??

ClockWork

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RT runs on Tegra 3, which is terribly terribly outdated hardware, especially compared to the new Apple A6X CPUs. The new T4 chip in the Surface 2 is supposed to be much better although we'll only know for ourselves when the new tablet comes out. I've never had an issue with touch, you might need to run calibration and do a little tweaking for responsiveness (plenty of guides on Google).

Is backpage/frontpage = IE? not sure what you're trying to say there

8.1 drops in 2 days right? Until then just hold off from updating to the preview release

does it matter if i had already updated to the preview release? actually i don't even know how to check my current firmware

dumdo_750

Reaction score
quick question....how come my 720p video and audio does not sync on my surface rt??
it syncs on my com and s3...ZZZ

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.