Microsoft Surface

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
to be fair, its quite reasonable compare to some other country like uk. marked up is also quite low compare with the US cost.
Yes, I agree. If we based on Surface RT conversion rate, a Surface Pro is suppose to start at around $1500 for 64GB model with Touch cover.

I'm tempted again. Almost going to order Lenovo Helix or Tablet 2 or Asus Vivotab TF810.

caihuire

Reaction score

CherylW

Reaction score
If you bought Surface Pro from the US, I wonder what the support experience will be like if need to repair my unit.

aural

Reaction score
If anyone is going to Japan next month can consider buying over there...
128G+free office 2013 (home & business): 99800 yen (tax included) ~1247.13SGD
256G+free office 2013 (home & business): 119800yen (tax included) ~1495.58SGD
Surface products have international warranty in all countries where the product is available... So worth a shot
(Source: マイクãƒ*ソフトã*® Surface Proã€*æ–°ã*—ã*„ Windows タブレット)

256G is the one ... droolz

CherylW

Reaction score
I will be trying this on Surface Pro. Add microSD storage to your libraries, getting music files to appear in the app, caused by limitations with the built-in libraries—Documents, Music, Pictures, and Videos—in Windows 8. (Still considering whether to port out the recovery disk to release 7GB space).

Add microSD storage to your libraries, allowing the content stored there to appear in the appropriate Metro-style apps. Using a 32 or 64 GB microSD card and have added folders named Music, Pictures, and Videos to the card. Added music, photos, and videos to the appropriate folders on the microSD card to ensure that everything works as expected.

The first step is to create a folder on your Surface primary storage, or C: drive. Just create one called SD right in the root of the C: drive, so C:\SD in this case.

Next, visit Disk Management, which, yes, exists in Windows RT too. The easiest way to find it is use the new Windows 8 (and RT) power user menu by tapping WINKEY + X or mousing into the lower left corner of the screen and right-clicking. Choose Disk Management from the menu that appears.

In Disk Management, locate your microSD card, right-click it, and choose Change Drive Letter and Paths. Then, in the Change Drive Letter and Paths window, click Add. Click Browse next to “Mount in the following empty NTFS folder” to find C:\SD and add it to the paths that are attached to that drive. Now, you will see two entries for the microSD card: It’s actual drive letter (E: in my case) and the new path (Windows (C:)\SD in my case).

Now, visit each library in turn and add the correct microSD-based folder to the library using the Manage Library command in the Manage tab of the ribbon. For the Music library, for example, you will add the location C:\SD\Music.

Repeat this for the Pictures and Videos libraries, again using the correct folder. Be sure to navigate to C:\SD\whatever instead of E:\whatever.

Now, launch the various Metro-style apps—Xbox Music, Xbox Video, and Photos—and ensure that your content appears.

CherylW

Reaction score
"Sources noted that the second-generation Surface devices reportedly will only feature 7- to 9-inch displays to meet the rising demand for smaller tablet devices." (June developer conference)

The most compelling aspect about the surface pro is that although it's in a tablet form factor, when u attach the overpriced keyboard you get a full windows pc. So now we're supposed to get excited about what will essentially be a laptop with a 7.5" and a 9" screen?

A 9 inch surface? can that be wise as a portable laptop?

Last edited:

sG_KYo

Master Member
Reaction score
finally gotten my lazy ass to go over to Challenger to play with Surface Pro ... saw Surface RT in Hokkaido ...

First Impressions:
1. KSL Heavy!!! How come ah!
2. Why gotch extra thickness ah???
3. Speed Demon ... LOVELY!

Now to patiently wait for the 256GB model in Singapore.
I saw the Surface RT in Japan ... but if i didn't remember wrongly, the keypad is Japan words one ... so that's why i also neh think about buying.

For those who wanna buy from Japan if u r there, donch forget got 10% TAX rebate + extra 5% if u use VISA.

:)

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
finally gotten my lazy ass to go over to Challenger to play with Surface Pro ... saw Surface RT in Hokkaido ...

First Impressions:
1. KSL Heavy!!! How come ah!
2. Why gotch extra thickness ah???
3. Speed Demon ... LOVELY!

Now to patiently wait for the 256GB model in Singapore.
I saw the Surface RT in Japan ... but if i didn't remember wrongly, the keypad is Japan words one ... so that's why i also neh think about buying.

For those who wanna buy from Japan if u r there, donch forget got 10% TAX rebate + extra 5% if u use VISA.

:)

Thickness is likely for the cooling fans. And it is not really much heavier than the ipad, though it certainly feels more dense.

sG_KYo

Master Member
Reaction score
Thickness is likely for the cooling fans. And it is not really much heavier than the ipad, though it certainly feels more dense.

hannor hannor, i feel the extra few MM makes the diff but really for serious buyers, we will bo-hew and just make the purchase.

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
Surface RT is like 700 grams, the Pro is ~ 850
-

By the way, 1 day after its launched in Singapore.. Intel launches Haswell processor!
7 watts TDP is freaking close to NVidia Tegra 3 with of 5 watts, yet performance of almost 10/20 times more.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/1/43...aswell-processors-heres-what-you-need-to-know

battery-haswell.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone will be holding on to your purchase for it,,

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just bought a surface pro 128gb from Harvey Norman!!! I thought tomorrow then launch haha. Got the freebies mifi also.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i reckoned now is not a good time to buy and rather wait for refresh with Haswell...i'm all in for either type of improvements...better battery life with same performance or same batter life with better performance.

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought a surface pro 128gb from Harvey Norman!!! I thought tomorrow then launch haha. Got the freebies mifi also.

which harvey norman u bought from?
bought any other stuffs? and got other freebies or discount?

went to centrepoint harvey and they say no mifi yet.

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
My hand got ichy again >.< After getting the pro back on its launch from US, and sold it on ebay for 1500 SGD. Kinda miss the Pro...

Now I got the 128GB back from Challanger at S$13xx with the MiFi gift

20130603t1857010.jpg

Can you guess which one is the RT and Pro? :D

Last edited:

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
My hand got ichy again >.< After getting the pro back on its launch from US, and sold it on ebay for 1500 SGD. Kinda miss the Pro...

Now I got the 128GB back from Challanger at S$13xx with the MiFi gift

20130603t1857010.jpg

Can you tell me which one is the RT and Pro? :D

Holy**** we got the exact same combi!!!!! No of device also same.. background also same! !!! 1 touch 1 type and touch is blue!!!!

skysim71

Reaction score
Hi all bro who brought the pro, can qvod player(快播) program be install in surface pro?? if yes tomorrow i will join the group of surface pro gang. hahaha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.