Microsoft Surface

lexmarq

Reaction score
Anyone here has the recovery partition for windows RT 8.1 preview edition? I need to refresh/reset my surface RT but my recovery partition on my USB doesn't work. (I tried to create a new recovery partition from my tablet but it still didn't work).

Kazragore

Reaction score
I think im gonna go get the RT, its super cheap under education offer, kinda lame to pass it up. If need be can just hoot another surface pro after that one is out haha

David Lai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have tried using Apple bluetooth keyboard with Surface RT? Will this be a better option than spending $183 for the type cover?
I added an oem keyboard (which works with both iphone/ipad) to a Win8 notebook/tablet without any problem. So I guess WinRT shouldn't be any problem as well, I hope.

es0teric

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No lei, only the 32GB SurfaceRT.

Haha, I see. Looking for lobangs. Anyway, surface 2 and surface RT price have a huge gap. I suspect surface 2 will cost most than $1500 becos it's using Intel haswell and since surface RT = $266 and surface pro already $1198 plus even if surface 2 is out your school won't also have its stock right?

sebastlim11

Reaction score
When I paid mine, the person say wil take bout 20days ( supposedly yesterday) but I'm having school holiday now so not sure if its in school alr or haven't deliver to my school

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone here has the recovery partition for windows RT 8.1 preview edition? I need to refresh/reset my surface RT but my recovery partition on my USB doesn't work. (I tried to create a new recovery partition from my tablet but it still didn't work).

RT doesn't run anything from USB other than data transfer. There is no way to refresh or revert from 8.1 preview. Everything that you wanna install in RT you got to do it thru the store which is 18 oct for the next full version of 8.1 RT. They mentioned it in the [warning] paragraph before you install the 8.1 rt preview. So the only way is to wait for the latest one.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
OEM keyboard should work with the RT, as I used a USB mouse on it and it works.

lexmarq

Reaction score
RT doesn't run anything from USB other than data transfer. There is no way to refresh or revert from 8.1 preview. Everything that you wanna install in RT you got to do it thru the store which is 18 oct for the next full version of 8.1 RT. They mentioned it in the [warning] paragraph before you install the 8.1 rt preview. So the only way is to wait for the latest one.

Actually, I want the recovery disk for 8.1, in the sense reset from 8.1 to 8.1. Had some problem and wanted to reset back to fresh 8.1 preview.

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually, I want the recovery disk for 8.1, in the sense reset from 8.1 to 8.1. Had some problem and wanted to reset back to fresh 8.1 preview.

Oo.. dont think possible too as 8.1 preview needs a 8.0 to run and cant get 8.1 preview back to 8.0 so technically cant get back to 8.1 preview fresh install. It is like a add on instead of on its own. That's what I understand.

lexmarq

Reaction score
Oo.. dont think possible too as 8.1 preview needs a 8.0 to run and cant get 8.1 preview back to 8.0 so technically cant get back to 8.1 preview fresh install. It is like a add on instead of on its own. That's what I understand.

Haha, it's alright. Thanks anyway. I shall wait for the 8.1 release next month.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.