Microsoft Surface

Xiaobaizhi

Reaction score
does it matter if i had already updated to the preview release? actually i don't even know how to check my current firmware

Would like to also know how to check if I am on windows 8 or 8.1. Can we update to windows 8.1 already? And if so, is it the preview version or the final windows 8.1?

Apologies and thanks for the help as I am not a techie. :s13:

lexmarq

Reaction score
Mine is RT, I should only be able to dl windows RT 8.1 right? Is it just windows 8.1 available but not the RT one? :s11:

8.1 is available to both windows 8 windows 8 RT. Go to the windows store and you should be able to see the link in it.

For those with 8.1 RT preview, if you can't see the link in the store to upgrade to the final 8.1 RT, you can click here.

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
8.1 is available to both windows 8 windows 8 RT. Go to the windows store and you should be able to see the link in it.

For those with 8.1 RT preview, if you can't see the link in the store to upgrade to the final 8.1 RT, you can click here.
o_O...

Noob question.

Does it mean if you install windows 8.1 on your RT it will become a "Normal" windows laptop? :S

Baal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any app issue with 8.1??

None...for now at least. Official Facebook app only works with 8.1 though. Everything seems to run faster with 8.1. I don't get the constant "webpage is not responsive" issue with IE 11 like with 8.1 preview.

Baal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
o_O...

Noob question.

Does it mean if you install windows 8.1 on your RT it will become a "Normal" windows laptop? :S

Nope. It's Windows 8.1 RT. The update will detect that you're using a Surface RT and will install the 8.1 RT update.

Aw2006

Reaction score
Updated to RT windows 8.1. Speed abit faster now. How to see all my apps? Swipe up on home screen only have "customisation". Used to be "all apps". I can only find an apps through search.

ClockWork

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Updated to RT windows 8.1. Speed abit faster now. How to see all my apps? Swipe up on home screen only have "customisation". Used to be "all apps". I can only find an apps through search.

i think you can access your apps by pressing "tab" if you have a keyboard

echoblue

Reaction score

Swipe up from bottom part of the screen will show all apps. New downloaded won't show on the start screen too, it will be in app list instead. I agree, much faster and more functional esp the music app! Need to explore more and see how much improvements there are. I also like customizing the apps - easier to use and more options

Aw2006

Reaction score
Thanks man. Did you noticed also Photo albums cannot stream flickr or facebook pics? Last time used to be able.

Baal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you swipe from the edge of the bottom bezel / screen, you will get the customization bar. Just swipe up from anywhere on the screen.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.