Microsoft Surface

fengwei

Reaction score
Couldn't wait for the pro2, so I bought the 1st pro version. Had it for 2 weeks now, really enjoy using it. Other than the short battery (3-3.5hr for video), it's pretty good so far. I use it in bed mostly (video and some web surfing and office stuff), so battery isn't a big issue to me.

Sold my Kindle HD 8.9 and Nook HD+ after got this. It's so much easier to use than those other pads.

bedlamite

Reaction score
Strangely enough, its the RT2 I'm waiting for. Already have a desktop and laptop, no need for a Pro. I liked my RT well enough (anemic app election aside), looking forward to the S2.

sushibiscuit

Reaction score
Suface Pro 128gb. Selling for 818 now at the IT Show with the touch cover included. WOW!

grab it while its there! IMO an even better deal that the US closeout deal of USD 599.

The only bummer is that they do not have the type cover in stock anymore.

The touch cover will take time to get used to but i feel with time one will be able to type pretty damn quickly on it!

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MS got burnt with oversupply of Surface, prompting a USD$900m writedown.

No wonder this time they're cautious. However, Surface Pro 2 IS what many people want. I'm standing by to bring in from the states. My laptop is dying soon.

from what I see, the difference of pro 1 & 2 are slight. and I think the pro 2 will be very costly when it comes. so pro 1 is probably a good buy now.

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
$736 for Surface Pro 1 at student price but no touch cover included. Is that worth it? Lol. Don't know if it can replace my Macbook Air for simple portability to school.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
$736 for Surface Pro 1 at student price but no touch cover included. Is that worth it? Lol. Don't know if it can replace my Macbook Air for simple portability to school.

hmmm, as much as i'm a windows person...but the battery of surface pro 1 of 3-4hrs? versus mba? you would have to ensure you are near a power point at all times.

Imperado

Reaction score
difference for pro 1 and 2 is just battery life only right? if the price difference is like 400 plus just to get extra battery juice..

miragez

Reaction score
difference for pro 1 and 2 is just battery life only right? if the price difference is like 400 plus just to get extra battery juice..

The specs are different one is running on gen 3 and the other running on gen 4 processor... that is what makes a big different in processing capabilities and battery efficiency.

A breakdown for you... can be seen here pcmag

miragez

Reaction score

I do not see the worth sorry, for me gadgets that are 1 year back should be cost roughly 599 especially for a product which Microsoft is trying to get rid off from their warehouses.

If your needs is just that then go ahead, but when I see Pro 2 is such a monster in specs, I want that one more as the processor is faster, improvements in viewing angle stands. The battery life is due to the haswell processor 4gen chip that improve it further.

kentgh

Reaction score
I do not see the worth sorry, for me gadgets that are 1 year back should be cost roughly 599 especially for a product which Microsoft is trying to get rid off from their warehouses.

If your needs is just that then go ahead, but when I see Pro 2 is such a monster in specs, I want that one more as the processor is faster, improvements in viewing angle stands. The battery life is due to the haswell processor 4gen chip that improve it further.

The Core i5 just got a silent upgrade from Microsoft. Make me more want to wait for it's launch in SG than getting Pro 1.

Microsoft quietly upgrades the Surface Pro 2's processor | PCWorld

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought a set of surface pro yesterday.

Got tired of waiting for pro 2.

Surface pro + touch cover + 16GB Class 10 microsdhc + additional power adapter.

All for just $818. :D

Imperado

Reaction score
The specs are different one is running on gen 3 and the other running on gen 4 processor... that is what makes a big different in processing capabilities and battery efficiency.

A breakdown for you... can be seen here pcmag

ic, thanks! Yup pro 2 is definitely better and faster. But I wonder hows the price, because can get pro now at 700 plus(Student price) not sure whether when pro 2 come out still have stocks anot.

Am only intending to do light surfing and for studying though since i already have a desktop at home.

Bought a set of surface pro yesterday.

Got tired of waiting for pro 2.

Surface pro + touch cover + 16GB Class 10 microsdhc + additional power adapter.

All for just $818. :D

where you got it? the additional power adapter is not extra battery right?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ic, thanks! Yup pro 2 is definitely better and faster. But I wonder hows the price, because can get pro now at 700 plus(Student price) not sure whether when pro 2 come out still have stocks anot.

Am only intending to do light surfing and for studying though since i already have a desktop at home.

I thought student price is $818?

Imperado

Reaction score
nope...

Surface Pro (128 GB)
A laptop in tablet form, Surface Pro brings together the best of Microsoft in one awesome new device.

New Year Special Offer: Spend a minimum of $388 on MS Store and get a Spa voucher worth $200 FREE
Student priceSG$736.20 incl. GST

Microsoft Store - Buy Surface Pro (128 GB)

flingstar

Reaction score
hi,

i bought a surface pro 64MB when it was launched here in Singapore. Hardly used and in perfect condition. Thinking of selling it since i just bought Ipad Air. Can advice me on how much i should sell this? I bought it around 1200

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

not extra battery. the 48w power adapter which i was planning to get seperately.

got it at level tech@vogue.

watchlor

Reaction score
not extra battery. the 48w power adapter which i was planning to get seperately.

got it at level tech@vogue.

I think only the 16gb micro sd card and touch cover is free. Power supply is suppose to be included. btw Do some battery test for us. windows 8 and 8.1 battery life got improvement?

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think only the 16gb micro sd card and touch cover is free. Power supply is suppose to be included. btw Do some battery test for us. windows 8 and 8.1 battery life got improvement?
i got 2 x power adapter.

WIN_20140302_175727.jpg

pardon the lousy quality photo. taken using surface's camera.

i updated to 8.1 already. didn't check the battery life when on 8. paiseh.

i believe the comparison should be available online.

the amount of stuff i got at $818 outweighs the battery life. hahahaha

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.