Microsoft Surface

Vulpix

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88131166 said:
so what's the difference btw what's going on in the amz threads on edmw vs this? why the dbl standard policies if its not allowed forum wide?

in any case, i just need a copy of the post back at this point otherwise i hv no record of who ordered what at all. at the very least if you pm-ed me informing me about this, i will stop and make a backup of the post first and remove it.

removing it like that, while within your rights, is completely cold and is screwing ppl up zzz

I do not moderate EDMW and I'm not sure what you are talking about. As for a copy of that post, please message siandiao for it. We have no need to inform you when we delete posts that are breaking the rules.

Ray1976

Reaction score
I do not moderate EDMW and I'm not sure what you are talking about. As for a copy of that post, please message siandiao for it. We have no need to inform you when we delete posts that are breaking the rules.

Okay lar...let's close the chapter and move on. No need to be so "regimental" in the undertone. ;)

evershineoptical

Reaction score
I guess by now you should have known about the high temp that plagued all Surface Pro 3 with Core i7...good news is that Microsoft acknowledged and believe that a software update should "solve" this temp bug...

Yes. but I don't expect the thing to heat up (with the fan whoozing) by playing just one 5min youtube video (maybe it's katy perry :D ).

downloading and installing a program (less than 5 min) also heats up the i7 SP3 with the fan whoozing.

It's not just warm. try putting it on your lap (bare skin) and you will probably jump up.

any i7 users with similar experience ?

picagen

Reaction score
So many people going for the Back protector as shown below but there isn't a side film for it, is the side protector needed?

Ok.. some statistic.... :)

1. ~大.芒.果~ - XtremeGuard Back Protector (Back)
2. AstoxicAsCanBe - XtremeGuard Back Protector (Back)
3. Tspurs - XtremeGuard Back Protector (Back)
4. miragez - XtremeGuard **Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Carbon Fiber Back Protector** Midnight Black (Back)
5. r2ymond - Hi-def screen protector + Tab FULL BODY + Install Kit (Full)
6. savage - Hi-def screen protector (Front)
7. aural - XtremeGuard Back Protector (Back)
8. xinzizu - XtremeGuard Back Protector (Back)
9. laoahpeh - XtremeGuard Back Protector (Back)
10. lrt2014 - Tab FULL BODY + Install Kit + Carbon Fiber Black (Full)

1. kenshinz - XtremeGuard Back Protector (Back)
2. Ray1976 - XtremeGuard Back Protector (Back)
3. noobzpro - XtremeGuard hidef screen protector dry install and a midnight black carbon fiber back protector (Back)
4. Uno_Hu - Xtremeguard back protector (Back)
5. eijnaix - One black and one white carbon fiber (Back)
6. picagen - XtremeGuard Back Protector (Back)
7. aang1971 - Black Carbon Fiber Protector (Back)
8. Niaoson - Black Carbon Fiber Protector (Back)

From the list, there are
52% 12 - XtremeGuard Back Protector
30% 7 - Carbon Fiber Protector (1 white, 6 black)
8.7% 2 - Hi-def screen protector
8.7% 2 - Tab FULL BODY

Carbon vs Clear : 7 vs 16 (30% vs 70%)

Total Back Protector 15 (83%)
Total Full Protector 2 (11%)
Total Front Protector 1 (5.5%)
Total People : 18

Looks like almost 70% want protection and don't want to change the looks of the surface pro 3

83% only care and protect their backside
5.5% only care and protect their frontside
11% care and protect both their front and backside.

chiujl

Reaction score
anyone who order from Microsoft online manage to claim the above?

Hi, I just bought the grab-and-go pack from Comex. Both the Harvey Norman & Newstead booths in level 4 are out of stock. They are also a bit unsure when you can buy the pack even if your bought SP3 online.

Luckily Challanger at level 6 still have some stocks, and they are also aware that you can buy the pack if you have bought SP3 online, didn't even ask me to show any proof. But better to print out the online receipt just in case.

After that, proceed to Microsoft redemption booth at level 4 to redeem th $50 capital mall vouchers with your grab & go receipt.

Shadow79

Reaction score
Sian. My Surface Pro 3 has a slight yellow tint on the left side of the screen. Read online that many owners also face the same issue. Don't know if I should get it changed. Just bought yesterday. Anyone facing the same problem?

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@picagen, actually I think a factor could be because I mentioned the SP might not be good :s13:. Most would want glass one I think.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
erm the tab back only protector is wet application right? glass protector is avail for this device already??!

josephkjc

Reaction score
I don't think it is fair to compare a phone warranty to a laptop leh
:s11: No why would I want to compare with a phone?

~大.芒.果~;88133093 said:
http://store.apple.com/sg/product/MD015FE/A/macbook-macbook-air-13-macbook-pro-applecare-protection-plan

$348 :s22:
MacBook air is for 2 years warranty leh. Surface pro extended warranty is for 1 year.

This is what I see when I registered and try to buy the extended warranty online through the https://myservice.surface.com

Microsoft Complete - 1 Year Extended Service Plan with ADP for Surface Pro 3

Plan covers hardware malfunctions and technical support for 1 additional year on top of the manufacturer's warranty. Also covers up to 2 instances of accidental damage during the coverage period. Deductible payment required for damage claims. Plan covers Surface tablets only - keyboards and accessories not covered by plan. Other exclusions apply. Review contract terms and conditions for details.

Subtotal(Tax exclusive) SGD 214.02

It should be $229 for 2 years extended warranty. I tried to ask the CS but was told it does not cover accidental damage.
Can't be, see above which was extracted from MS online registration

Huh no accidental dmg covered? Confirm ah?
Got, see above. But I don't know what does this mean "Deductible payment required for damage claims."

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.