[MONITOR] 34 inch Ultrawide

harharhar

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2007
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
0
u can also add overwatch to this list. although it supports 21:9 but it actually a stretched 16:9 with lesser vertical view.

Was intending to buy a x34 until this happened.

I thought the latest patch added 21:9 support? Or is it in fact the stretched 16:9 you are saying? Sorry, I got no ultra-wide monitor to test with, only see the path notes :s13:
 

recca85

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
922
Reaction score
6
OK thanks! Where do you get the $10 item coupon from?

It was Mastercard coupon. It just works. Hmmm mine is still Mar 2016 batch. I wonder if it is good batch. They still charged me $10 for those small trolley when I asked can foc since I brought this big monitor. Hai even $200 printer can give trolley free leh.
Rem to bring ur own. It is not heavy but is bulky.
 

HungryPillow

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
17
It was Mastercard coupon. It just works. Hmmm mine is still Mar 2016 batch. I wonder if it is good batch. They still charged me $10 for those small trolley when I asked can foc since I brought this big monitor. Hai even $200 printer can give trolley free leh.
Rem to bring ur own. It is not heavy but is bulky.

Hmm ok thanks. I am probably going to pay for the shipping since its $10 anyways. Did you buy from VideoPro?
 

Crimson_FURY

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,697
Reaction score
7
The biggest title that doesn't support ultra wide properly is overwatch which drives me nuts. Having said that, ultra wide is getting so popular now that its almost 100% that future titles will definitely support it

I personally cannot default monitor stand. It looks strange and sticks out too far on a desk. I am using an ergo tech freedom arm. Frees up a lot of desk space and looks great:

27462009392_1a5f959732_b.jpg
 

Sneaky

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Did you get the stand online or locally?

The biggest title that doesn't support ultra wide properly is overwatch which drives me nuts. Having said that, ultra wide is getting so popular now that its almost 100% that future titles will definitely support it

I personally cannot default monitor stand. It looks strange and sticks out too far on a desk. I am using an ergo tech freedom arm. Frees up a lot of desk space and looks great:

27462009392_1a5f959732_b.jpg
 

recca85

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
922
Reaction score
6
Hmm ok thanks. I am probably going to pay for the shipping since its $10 anyways. Did you buy from VideoPro?

Yes Video Pro. If you buy, update your batch? They said mine is latest batch which is March. You can see it on the external box.
Although, I prefer even later batch, I think I got a perfect X34 with no dead/stuck pixel and OC easily.
There is a mount included. I'm not sure if you can use that direct onto wall or not.
I use the mount in between the monitor and my existing TV monitor.
It's a bit extra but you can direct screw the vesa 100X100. But then My speakers were too near the monitor edges, so sticking out 2 cm is fine with me.
 

RIp~Shan

Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2011
Messages
280
Reaction score
0
The biggest title that doesn't support ultra wide properly is overwatch which drives me nuts. Having said that, ultra wide is getting so popular now that its almost 100% that future titles will definitely support it

I personally cannot default monitor stand. It looks strange and sticks out too far on a desk. I am using an ergo tech freedom arm. Frees up a lot of desk space and looks great:

27462009392_1a5f959732_b.jpg

I am curious according to the website it says the stand can only hold 8kg but the acer x34 is 12kg am i right ? is it a breeze in install the stand do u encounter any issues ? thanks :)
 

Crimson_FURY

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,697
Reaction score
7
To those asking about the arm:

I bought the arm from amazon. Hardwarecanucks also has a review of the ergotech arm on youtube which is worth checking out.

If im not wrong, my arm is the HD version with a higher load rating than the normal one. Install was smooth and problem free. Just followed the instructions, made the adjustments to spring tension and it was good to go
 

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
37,713
Reaction score
542
This site can help. Got lots of help for making games widescreen.
www.wsgf.org

I think got patch for FIFA 15, but dunno FIFA16 have or not.
Hope this helps.

i try until i give up.. i think Fifa15 still can, but 16 totally no support, not even Wsgf.. i gave up for some time.. one reason i go back to the usual acceptable resolution.. =:p

anyway when games support widescreen it's a superb feeling , like e.g. Witcher and driving games.. just awesome.
 

HungryPillow

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
17
Yes Video Pro. If you buy, update your batch? They said mine is latest batch which is March. You can see it on the external box.
Although, I prefer even later batch, I think I got a perfect X34 with no dead/stuck pixel and OC easily.

OK I'll update once I purchase, thanks!

To those asking about the arm:

I bought the arm from amazon. Hardwarecanucks also has a review of the ergotech arm on youtube which is worth checking out.

If im not wrong, my arm is the HD version with a higher load rating than the normal one. Install was smooth and problem free. Just followed the instructions, made the adjustments to spring tension and it was good to go

Did you have to drill any holes or is it just clamped on to the desk?
 

Coool11

Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2015
Messages
274
Reaction score
4
Over watch does support 21:9 now. Just that the FOV is the same as blizzard do not allow unfair advantage to UW user.

The biggest title that doesn't support ultra wide properly is overwatch which drives me nuts. Having said that, ultra wide is getting so popular now that its almost 100% that future titles will definitely support it

I personally cannot default monitor stand. It looks strange and sticks out too far on a desk. I am using an ergo tech freedom arm. Frees up a lot of desk space and looks great:

27462009392_1a5f959732_b.jpg
 

Crimson_FURY

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,697
Reaction score
7
Over watch does support 21:9 now. Just that the FOV is the same as blizzard do not allow unfair advantage to UW user.

The FOV is crap. Its stretched 16:9, not 21:9 and you lose some vertical viewing angle

Blizzard's excuse for not fully supporting ultra wide has been debunked by thousands of posts petitioning them to reverse their half baked decision. There is no more unfair advantage to ultra wide than there is to high end graphic cards offering higher frame rates, gaming mice with high DPI and high accuracy sensors, mechanical speed keyboards, and 144Hz monitors. Competitive games like CS:GO offers ultra wide support and no one complains..in fact competitive gamers aren't even using ultra wide..they're using 200Hz 1080p displays

BTW for the stand, it clamps to the desk. No drilling
 
Last edited:

HungryPillow

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
17
Got my X34 today. Ordered from GamePro on Qoo10 and received it in a few days. I got a June manufactured batch and it OCs to 100Hz without any issues. Really good communication from them and now just waiting for my GTX 1080 to arrive...

The backlight bleed looks worse in the picture than it actually is. I tried watching a few movies with it and I don't really notice it at all. Overall very happy with this monitor :)

9wy31i0.jpg
 

DashJX

Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
146
Reaction score
1
Got my X34 today. Ordered from GamePro on Qoo10 and received it in a few days. I got a June manufactured batch and it OCs to 100Hz without any issues. Really good communication from them and now just waiting for my GTX 1080 to arrive...

The backlight bleed looks worse in the picture than it actually is. I tried watching a few movies with it and I don't really notice it at all. Overall very happy with this monitor :)

9wy31i0.jpg

Your keyboard nice! May I know where to get it? TIA!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top