[Monitor] Crossover IPS LCD 27 inches

kaze-no-koe

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
0
I would try it out on my shimian when I have the time. I did read people successfully using the ps3/360 with such monitors (non multi input version)

i have read it working only on certain model of catleap which cannot be overclock with a single link-hdmi cable at 720p..but no success to other monitor with single link..nw im only wondering if dual link will work
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Hi guys,

Just want to confirm before I buy the cross over monitor.

My desktop is using the below card.can support 2560x1440 on cross over. Got dual-link Div,I believe. Can support right.
GeForce GTS 250 | Specifications | GeForce

Can buy thru this link right?
Computer / Laptop -.
This is the model u guys are referring to.

Thanks

Hi,

Based on your gfx card spec .... it shows that it can support.

Yes ... you may purchase from the link above.
 

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2006
Messages
4,381
Reaction score
10
i have read it working only on certain model of catleap which cannot be overclock with a single link-hdmi cable at 720p..but no success to other monitor with single link..nw im only wondering if dual link will work

hmm. then perhaps you can go get a dual link to hdmi cable to see if it works? Anyways I'll try it out on my ShiMian next week once I'm back from camp.
 

kaze-no-koe

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
0
hmm. then perhaps you can go get a dual link to hdmi cable to see if it works? Anyways I'll try it out on my ShiMian next week once I'm back from camp.

just tried with a dual link to hdmi and it does not work..guess will just have to buy the multi version
 

masotime

Master Member
Joined
May 19, 2002
Messages
4,615
Reaction score
0
I'm pretty sure that a HDMI to dual-link DVI effectively doesn't exist for the average consumer :s8:. Electrically the standards are not compatible (unless you have the non-existent HDMI type B port), requiring a conversion of the signal i.e. it needs to be an active adapter, and I've yet to see such a one online (a displayport to dual-link DVI is a lot more common).

Reports of it working online are probably because the monitor accepts a single-link DVI signal as well. I know this because I can connect a single-link signal via HDMI to single-link DVI on my old Dell 3007WFP (resolution limited to 1280x800), but it doesn't work on the Korean one that I have.
 

ilovewhales

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
1,462
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, 2 questions .

Im using a GTX 670, so can i hook up my gpu to this monitor?

If can, which seller should i look from ? I need it asap. Thanks :)
 

boxsurat

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Messages
1,352
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, 2 questions .

Im using a GTX 670, so can i hook up my gpu to this monitor?

If can, which seller should i look from ? I need it asap. Thanks :)

you can connect GTX 670 to this monitor. i have tried it. but must use correct cable: dual link dvi
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Hi guys, 2 questions .

Im using a GTX 670, so can i hook up my gpu to this monitor?

If can, which seller should i look from ? I need it asap. Thanks :)

Sure can work lah .... my GTX460 is powering 2 of this beauty ....
 

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2006
Messages
4,381
Reaction score
10
Hi guys, 2 questions .

Im using a GTX 670, so can i hook up my gpu to this monitor?

If can, which seller should i look from ? I need it asap. Thanks :)

if im not wrong the cheapest solution comes from gmarket. all sellers are generally fine.

and no your gtx 670 cannot work, you must exchange yours with my 560ti which i am currently using the power one of these monitors. proven and 100% guarrentee it will work :o
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Hi guys, 2 questions .

Im using a GTX 670, so can i hook up my gpu to this monitor?

If can, which seller should i look from ? I need it asap. Thanks :)

My friend is using a Palit GTX670 I think .... and he could run this monitor.
 

trailblaze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
8,590
Reaction score
26
i really tried...but cant find the info on warranty....
hi guys, does the crossover bot from gmarket has any manufacturer warranty?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top