[Monitor] Crossover IPS LCD 27 inches

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Ok. Glad that both monitor lasted till almost 4yrs. After the small hiccups on one of the monitor about 1.5yrs mark .... now the other monitor is having a slight issue.

Please see video for the fault.

 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Ok. Glad that both monitor lasted till almost 4yrs. After the small hiccups on one of the monitor about 1.5yrs mark .... now the other monitor is having a slight issue.

Please see video for the fault.


looks like power supply needs to be replaced

I am running dual CrossOver 27Q 27 inch QHD now. If this is power supply issue, how come this only happens to one of them?

The interesting thing is that when I am playing game (gfx card is on load), the monitor is ok. This only happens when the monitor goes to "sleep" and wake up from it.

It is also not consistent. Meaning that last night, when I "wake up" my PC, I kana. But this morning, it was fine.
 

eliteFX

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2006
Messages
70,067
Reaction score
0
You mean you tried swopping over the power supply from the working set?
If not.. PCB fault again :s13:
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Ok. Glad that both monitor lasted till almost 4yrs. After the small hiccups on one of the monitor about 1.5yrs mark .... now the other monitor is having a slight issue.

Please see video for the fault.


I am running dual CrossOver 27Q 27 inch QHD now. If this is power supply issue, how come this only happens to one of them?

The interesting thing is that when I am playing game (gfx card is on load), the monitor is ok. This only happens when the monitor goes to "sleep" and wake up from it.

It is also not consistent. Meaning that last night, when I "wake up" my PC, I kana. But this morning, it was fine.

I have found the cause of this problem.

The power adapter is faulty. I plugged the same power adapter to another monitor and it has the same problem.

CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM : FOUND!!

Now trying to get the power adapter.
 

gascooler

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,208
Reaction score
1
Hi guys,

I also got a problem with my 3-yo 27Q. Sometimes when booting up, the desktop successfully goes into Windows (confirmed because there's sound), but the monitor refuses to show anything. I have to restart many times before it will show something on screen again. It's all good when it's on though.

Anyone else has this problem? Is it the LED board issue or?
 

eliteFX

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2006
Messages
70,067
Reaction score
0
I have found the cause of this problem.

The power adapter is faulty. I plugged the same power adapter to another monitor and it has the same problem.

CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM : FOUND!!

Now trying to get the power adapter.

Told you so :s13:
I might have a spare one lying around, if you cannot find let me know.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
You mean you tried swopping over the power supply from the working set?
If not.. PCB fault again :s13:

Told you so :s13:
I might have a spare one lying around, if you cannot find let me know.

Yah lor. I did the swap when I removed the monitor from the monitor mount to open it up to check.

I got 2 monitor. The one on the left is having problem. Since the main monitor is the one on the left, so I swap the right monitor over to the left, plug the power and DVI-D cable in and kana same problem. So I swap the power supply it turned on immediately.

You got spare one lying around that you still need or you don't need? Because I emailed "dream-seller" on eBay and they quoted me about SGD$28 (including shipping) for a replacement power adapter.

But if you have a spare one that you no longer need, I would definitely want to get it from you.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Ok. Glad that both monitor lasted till almost 4yrs. After the small hiccups on one of the monitor about 1.5yrs mark .... now the other monitor is having a slight issue.

Please see video for the fault.


Hi guys,

I also got a problem with my 3-yo 27Q. Sometimes when booting up, the desktop successfully goes into Windows (confirmed because there's sound), but the monitor refuses to show anything. I have to restart many times before it will show something on screen again. It's all good when it's on though.

Anyone else has this problem? Is it the LED board issue or?

Yes. Sound very much like the problem that I am having now. Once the monitor is ON, it'll be ok.

Should be power adapter problem liao.
 

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2001
Messages
19,587
Reaction score
1,218
The left section of my monitor is flickering intermittently.

Any idea if it is due to power adaptor? Thanks.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
The left section of my monitor is flickering intermittently.

Any idea if it is due to power adaptor? Thanks.

Only left section? Very hard to tell from your description. But you can try shifting the position of your power adapter and try to put it at a more cooling spot and then try again. Since the power adapter can be quite warm.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Just a BIG note here

Bought 2 x CrossOver 27Q QHD 27 inch monitor with Pivot on 21 May 2012 from EBay.

Around Jan 2014, one of the monitor has a failed LED Driver board :

044899ff_20120927_163726.jpeg


Managed to get the seller and paid about SGD$60 for the replacement. It is working well so far.

This 2 monitor lasted past 4yrs already. So hope that both will last pass the 10th year mark.
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
Just a BIG note here

Bought 2 x CrossOver 27Q QHD 27 inch monitor with Pivot on 21 May 2012 from EBay.

Around Jan 2014, one of the monitor has a failed LED Driver board :

044899ff_20120927_163726.jpeg


Managed to get the seller and paid about SGD$60 for the replacement. It is working well so far.

This 2 monitor lasted past 4yrs already. So hope that both will last pass the 10th year mark.

Mine is around the same age as yours, so far no issues but my room is well ventilated or air-conditioned. Gonna upgrade around end of this year though haha
 

gascooler

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,208
Reaction score
1
Yes. Sound very much like the problem that I am having now. Once the monitor is ON, it'll be ok.

Should be power adapter problem liao.

saw your YouTube video - mine doesn't have the intermittent flickering issue though. It's either fully off or fully on. Also, mine only happens during boot time. Is it still the power adapter issue?

If so, how much would it cost to replace?
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
The left section of my monitor is flickering intermittently.

Any idea if it is due to power adaptor? Thanks.

Only left section? Very hard to tell from your description. But you can try shifting the position of your power adapter and try to put it at a more cooling spot and then try again. Since the power adapter can be quite warm.

saw your YouTube video - mine doesn't have the intermittent flickering issue though. It's either fully off or fully on. Also, mine only happens during boot time. Is it still the power adapter issue?

If so, how much would it cost to replace?

You mentioned that once the monitor turns on, it stays on right? If you want to confirm, then you'll have to open it up to do a visual check.

Power adapter is about USD$20 (~SGD$28) with shipping from "dream-seller" on eBay.
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
Mine is around the same age as yours, so far no issues but my room is well ventilated or air-conditioned. Gonna upgrade around end of this year though haha

Probably that's why.

Monitor no problem and you still want to upgrade? Getting this one?

Item : QNIX QHD2730R QHD 27 inch monitor
Price : About SGD$425

The bezel is only 6.5mm!! My current ones are 22mm!! So tempting.



This image has been resized.Click to view original image


Source :
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/QNIX-QHD27...lectedOptions=
 

gascooler

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,208
Reaction score
1
any idea if the LCD/LED tech have improved over the last 4 years since Crossover 27Q came out? Toying with the idea of buying a 2nd korean monitor (only if it's better quality and similar price to the 27Q).
 

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
22,366
Reaction score
117
any idea if the LCD/LED tech have improved over the last 4 years since Crossover 27Q came out? Toying with the idea of buying a 2nd korean monitor (only if it's better quality and similar price to the 27Q).

You want to get another to replace current one or dual monitor setup?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top