MoolahSense investing Thread

wonghw12

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2017
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
so far so good for me investing in capital match.

put in $7000 last year. current value stands at $9000 with $800 outstanding ( still pending repayment but no defaults )

even if the $800 defaulted, total returns for the year is still pretty good at 17%

Yea seeing the same % returns on Capital Match too! Unfortunately MoolahSense is losing me more in % terms...

Anyway, any of you on any chatgroup (e.g. telegram)? Thinking we can discuss how best to recoup monies on MoolahSense defaults.
 

wira

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2000
Messages
5,772
Reaction score
771
Yea seeing the same % returns on Capital Match too! Unfortunately MoolahSense is losing me more in % terms...

Anyway, any of you on any chatgroup (e.g. telegram)? Thinking we can discuss how best to recoup monies on MoolahSense defaults.

Yes I think capital match invoice financing is “safer” compared to MoolahSense loans as there is a collateral for the invoice compare to pure loans backed by personal guarantee of the business owner.
 

VycNotVic

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2018
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
funny how hardwarezone become a fake news hub

always same group of people complaining everything about their poor investment. I start to wonder if this thread is setup by their competitors...hehe .. Wira from Capital Match. Wonghw12 from Funding Societies. hehe..

I suppose only people who lose money will talk about it while those people making money keep quiet.
if its so bad... I think all their investors would be complaining already la..:s12:
 

PostCountWarrior[+1]

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
21,955
Reaction score
2
always same group of people complaining everything about their poor investment. I start to wonder if this thread is setup by their competitors...hehe .. Wira from Capital Match. Wonghw12 from Funding Societies. hehe..

I suppose only people who lose money will talk about it while those people making money keep quiet.
if its so bad... I think all their investors would be complaining already la..:s12:
i try all 3 platform, i personally find capitalmatch the easiest. i also dont think people are smart enough here to choose what type of company they want to lend to themselves.

moolahsense used to show percentage return in their login page. now they stop doing that. i think its not going well.
 

smalldog

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
38
Reaction score
3
Similar experience. With Capital Match I'm making good returns on their invoice financing loans (although I think I made a small loss on their original unsecured loans). Moolahsense had too many delayed repayments and then they lost me with all their marketing BS. Their latest stuff about blockchain / AI technologies just seems like they're trying to cram as many buzzwords as possible into their product without making any sense whatsoever.
 

wira

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2000
Messages
5,772
Reaction score
771
always same group of people complaining everything about their poor investment. I start to wonder if this thread is setup by their competitors...hehe .. Wira from Capital Match. Wonghw12 from Funding Societies. hehe..

I suppose only people who lose money will talk about it while those people making money keep quiet.
And I’ve never lost money with p2p lending
if its so bad... I think all their investors would be complaining already la..:s12:

Honored to be mentioned here. But I am just small time investor looking for best returns.
 

wonghw12

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2017
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
always same group of people complaining everything about their poor investment. I start to wonder if this thread is setup by their competitors...hehe .. Wira from Capital Match. Wonghw12 from Funding Societies. hehe..

I suppose only people who lose money will talk about it while those people making money keep quiet.
if its so bad... I think all their investors would be complaining already la..:s12:

Lol you think too much bro. Maybe writing helps as a small rant on my part but I hope to provide info and help fellow investors stay away from losing money as there aren't too many well-written articles on MoolahSense's real rate of default. I have nothing to gain by bashing MoolahSense, but it is really the built-up frustration at their lack of competency that is getting into me. Will post an update on this soon, hopefully I get MoolahSense's response to my latest queries. So far it seems that it is only getting worse...
 

mrwirus

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
1,875
Reaction score
14
Just logged into moolahsense after long hiatus.. And guess what.. Debt recovery efforts just stopped for those which are always not paid up..

Shall we all start a company and borrow from Moolahsense instead.. Since it's so easy to borrow and not return the money.. not even the capital..
 

jacentz

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Yea their recovery efforts are next to nothing, and they just "closed off" all those they failed to recover. Quite a number of 'losses' cases as well. I don't think the companies are well vetted. Lost at least 30-40% of capital. Learned a hard lesson, will never invest in them in again. Yea, probably getting a loan from them to recover your losses is prob easier.
 

LexusIS

Senior Member
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
187
so far so good for me investing in capital match.

put in $7000 last year. current value stands at $9000 with $800 outstanding ( still pending repayment but no defaults )

even if the $800 defaulted, total returns for the year is still pretty good at 17%

Means if u get back all, u get 40% return over 1 yr or 20% over 2 yr (depending on which month u put in). But can you imagine the amount the lending company got to pay back including charges by these p2p lenders.
 

LexusIS

Senior Member
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
187
Hardwarezone does not allow me to upload screenshots but here's my the latest statistics:
Defaulted companies = 15
Fully paid companies = 14
Default rate is now exceeds 50%!


[/I]

50% default rate? OMG what kind of credit review process does these p2p lenders have? Just lend to any Tom dick or Harry company Har.

Guess there is a difference between the KPIs of these p2p lenders and the investors. Probably the p2p lenders are remunerated by a fixed upfront admin fee (xx%) and some interest. So even if the company goes bad they already earn the admin fee for arranging the loan.
 

Supersian

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,775
Reaction score
1
just logged in and discovered that 2 of my bankcruptcy cases have concluded and gotten nothing back. " In the event that a repayment is made, the funds will still be credited to your account. Thank you for your patience and understanding." <- LOLL

time to summarize this 1 year+, base on company count:
paid : 6
past due : 1
doubtful : 4 (1 of them MIA)
loss :1 (applied bankcrupt, paid 50%)
closed off: 2 (1 paid back 25% and another 9%.)

at the end of the saga, my loss should be more than double the interest earned.
my strategy failed. investing in MS is a gamble. go casino better.
p.s. i pity the one who invested 5k in every campaign during the time when min amt is 1k, and the person who invested 12k and got back 9%.

will unsub from this post soon.. happy investing.. cheers. :s22:
 

myename

Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2010
Messages
376
Reaction score
0
I agree that their following up on late payments could be better. But just to share... here's my stats from the dashboard
Paid 15
Current 18
Late 0
Past Due 0
Doubtful 2
Loss 1
Closed Off 2 (1 bankruptcy case with zero repayment made and one slightly above 90% repaid)

On the whole, i'd say i'm satisfied with them for now since i'm still in the black so i guess i'm really lucky...
 

Simonlee1977

Junior Member
Joined
May 6, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
1
Hi, I am also making loss in MS.
Can I asked what is closed off ?
The borrower bankrupt or the loan just forgiven?

Tks

just logged in and discovered that 2 of my bankcruptcy cases have concluded and gotten nothing back. " In the event that a repayment is made, the funds will still be credited to your account. Thank you for your patience and understanding." <- LOLL

time to summarize this 1 year+, base on company count:
paid : 6
past due : 1
doubtful : 4 (1 of them MIA)
loss :1 (applied bankcrupt, paid 50%)
closed off: 2 (1 paid back 25% and another 9%.)

at the end of the saga, my loss should be more than double the interest earned.
my strategy failed. investing in MS is a gamble. go casino better.
p.s. i pity the one who invested 5k in every campaign during the time when min amt is 1k, and the person who invested 12k and got back 9%.

will unsub from this post soon.. happy investing.. cheers. :s22:
 

boiboi123

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
5
Keen to share how much (range of % returns) you are on paper? Trying to evaluate risk return

I agree that their following up on late payments could be better. But just to share... here's my stats from the dashboard
Paid 15
Current 18
Late 0
Past Due 0
Doubtful 2
Loss 1
Closed Off 2 (1 bankruptcy case with zero repayment made and one slightly above 90% repaid)

On the whole, i'd say i'm satisfied with them for now since i'm still in the black so i guess i'm really lucky...
 

Supersian

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,775
Reaction score
1
Hi, I am also making loss in MS.
Can I asked what is closed off ?
The borrower bankrupt or the loan just forgiven?

Tks

closed off = no more active debt recovery. After the bankcruptcy result has concluded to confirm the borrower unable to repay the money.
 

RMCWMR

Banned
Joined
Jan 13, 2019
Messages
8,581
Reaction score
1
Similar experience. With Capital Match I'm making good returns on their invoice financing loans (although I think I made a small loss on their original unsecured loans). Moolahsense had too many delayed repayments and then they lost me with all their marketing BS. Their latest stuff about blockchain / AI technologies just seems like they're trying to cram as many buzzwords as possible into their product without making any sense whatsoever.

Moolahsense is just too naiive to rely so much on A.I. and automation. It just does not work. While you can automate certain things you cannot automate lending completely. Its just downright dangerous as computers cannot make judgement calls like humans can based on experience. More people are going to lose money unfortunately.
 

RMCWMR

Banned
Joined
Jan 13, 2019
Messages
8,581
Reaction score
1
50% default rate? OMG what kind of credit review process does these p2p lenders have? Just lend to any Tom dick or Harry company Har.

Guess there is a difference between the KPIs of these p2p lenders and the investors. Probably the p2p lenders are remunerated by a fixed upfront admin fee (xx%) and some interest. So even if the company goes bad they already earn the admin fee for arranging the loan.

These P2P lenders take no risk. They only take admin fees. So no loss for them except reputation loss.
 

RMCWMR

Banned
Joined
Jan 13, 2019
Messages
8,581
Reaction score
1
Yes I think capital match invoice financing is “safer” compared to MoolahSense loans as there is a collateral for the invoice compare to pure loans backed by personal guarantee of the business owner.

No. What collateral? Financing invoice is just financing a piece of paper. It does not mean you have ownership of the underlying goods in the invoice. Unless you take a legal charge which i don't think capitamatch does. But it is safer than MS because Invoice Finance is shorter period. That's about it.
 

myename

Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2010
Messages
376
Reaction score
0
Keen to share how much (range of % returns) you are on paper? Trying to evaluate risk return

I don't know how accurate it is, but if their transaction report (Reports -> eStatement -> To Date) is anything to go by, it states my AVERAGE RATE OF RETURN as 20.16%.

But I don't really bother about it or keep track cos I'm losing much more money on other investments than what I earn from MS (partly cos MS makes up a smaller % of my portfolio)... oh well
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top