Mount Fuji climb

Ernestx

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2001
Messages
2,322
Reaction score
154
wat about other insurance such as ntuc income or those annual travel insurance from banks? can they cover trekking trips?

Other insurances not very sure. I know not all able to coverage for Outdoor trip on Oversea. You need call and check more detail.

But based on my last exp. and I able to make a claim without any delay so far.
 

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
Other insurances not very sure. I know not all able to coverage for Outdoor trip on Oversea. You need call and check more detail.

But based on my last exp. and I able to make a claim without any delay so far.

icic... thanks :)
 

darkimperial

Banned
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1,186
Reaction score
0
climbing in 4days time. Heard from my travel companion, his frens did not ascend as due to heavy rain, there is a road closure.
 

Syaitann

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Solo Trip same as me? Indent bring Camp Tent & Outdoor Gears?

as far as i know camping gear is not allowed, most definately not during peak period. i ended up buying proper 3 layer plus i would already brought xtra clothing cos' already planned for 4 days fuji n hakone
 

Ernestx

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2001
Messages
2,322
Reaction score
154
as far as i know camping gear is not allowed, most definately not during peak period. i ended up buying proper 3 layer plus i would already brought xtra clothing cos' already planned for 4 days fuji n hakone

I suggest get a 2 pairs of Base-layer Top & Bottom Merino/Polyester Underwear. Avoid cotton.
 

darkimperial

Banned
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1,186
Reaction score
0
I had summitted mt fuji on 19th July. The weather is cold and windy especially after 12am. I wore just 2 layer of clothes during the start. After 7th station, started wearing my thermal layer and outershell. The final climb from 8.5 station to summit is jam with ppl. The locals said that day is the best sunrise as its was always cloudy since they started in July.

I will post more info n pics when I get back to Singapore.
 

droozy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
2,761
Reaction score
12
Looking forward to your full report ! :s12::s12:

How long did u take from which stn to which stn ?

Did u train yrself before climbing ?

Any guides ?

wow need more info !
I had summitted mt fuji on 19th July. The weather is cold and windy especially after 12am. I wore just 2 layer of clothes during the start. After 7th station, started wearing my thermal layer and outershell. The final climb from 8.5 station to summit is jam with ppl. The locals said that day is the best sunrise as its was always cloudy since they started in July.

I will post more info n pics when I get back to Singapore.
 

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
98,725
Reaction score
2,502
I had summitted mt fuji on 19th July. The weather is cold and windy especially after 12am. I wore just 2 layer of clothes during the start. After 7th station, started wearing my thermal layer and outershell. The final climb from 8.5 station to summit is jam with ppl. The locals said that day is the best sunrise as its was always cloudy since they started in July.

I will post more info n pics when I get back to Singapore.

congrats !!!!!
 

darkimperial

Banned
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1,186
Reaction score
0
Its was abt 8degrees at night. I din time to look at my watch as I had to look after my fren. She is weak and had old injuries. I only train abt 6-7times of climbing hdb stairs at 72storeys each with 10kg each time. On actual climb, I carried abt more than 8kg. With dslr, tripod, 2 x 1.5litres, clothes, food and toiletries. I din even drink my water as I was helping her to finish off her drink to lessen her weight. I got a fuji climbing map that shows the time needed to take from each station to each station.
 

darkimperial

Banned
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1,186
Reaction score
0
My fren who was a quite a strong climber, climb from 3pm-8pm. But he rest alot. Going down only took abt 2 and a half hr at a fast pace.

Note: do not climb fast as u will get altitude sickness. I got abit of headache up there.
 

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
Its was abt 8degrees at night. I din time to look at my watch as I had to look after my fren. She is weak and had old injuries. I only train abt 6-7times of climbing hdb stairs at 72storeys each with 10kg each time. On actual climb, I carried abt more than 8kg. With dslr, tripod, 2 x 1.5litres, clothes, food and toiletries. I din even drink my water as I was helping her to finish off her drink to lessen her weight. I got a fuji climbing map that shows the time needed to take from each station to each station.

are there any place to refill water at each station, or need to bring water all the way from foot of mountain?

can share the climbing map here? thanx! :)
 

droozy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
2,761
Reaction score
12
6-7 times just before the trip ?

wa got 72 storey high hdb ?

can share climbing map here ? wow ! is tripod useful there ? i try not to carry tripod when travelling haa

Start climbing fr 5th stn wat time etc etc.. :s12::s12:
Its was abt 8degrees at night. I din time to look at my watch as I had to look after my fren. She is weak and had old injuries. I only train abt 6-7times of climbing hdb stairs at 72storeys each with 10kg each time. On actual climb, I carried abt more than 8kg. With dslr, tripod, 2 x 1.5litres, clothes, food and toiletries. I din even drink my water as I was helping her to finish off her drink to lessen her weight. I got a fuji climbing map that shows the time needed to take from each station to each station.
 

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
98,725
Reaction score
2,502
are there any place to refill water at each station, or need to bring water all the way from foot of mountain?

You can refill at the mountain huts but you need to pay (and its expensive).

I carry my own water up. The good thing is that it gets lighter as you go up =:p
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top