My China Trip - 2016

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
No [public] bus [service 8] available to bring me to 东宁要塞 [not enough passengers]. I went to the custom [东宁口岸] instead.


I was stopped from taking pictures on the 国门。。

东宁【口岸】 - near the custom ...
dn1.jpg



东宁【口岸/三岔口】 - a Korean village ...
dn2.jpg


dn3.jpg



Though 东宁县市 is known as 东北江南 ... I don't like the place ... Stayed in a 40 RMB guest house, and left for 绥芬河 this morning [30RMB car ride].


My next destination will be 满洲里。 Shall arrive there this Sunday.

满洲里 will be alot colder than 绥芬河, I was advised to buy thick jacket ...


And I bought this at an unbelievable price 49RMB in 绥芬河 ...

mzl1.jpg



I bought a hat at 10 RMB too.
 
Last edited:

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
绥芬河 《北海公园》 - at night ...

sfh12.jpg


sfh13.jpg



绥芬河 《北海公园》 - daylight ...

sfh11.jpg


sfh14.jpg
 
Last edited:

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
Despite the cold weather, I have seen many dance groups in various cities ... 广场舞。。。。



绥芬河《中央广场》 【there are actually 2 dance groups here, dancing to 2 different tunes ...】

sfh16a.jpg



Another dance group in 绥芬河《北海公园》

sfh17.jpg



Another dance group in 长汀《塔山公园》 - mainly seniors dancing to the typical 东北秧舞 。。。

ct11.jpg
 
Last edited:

vuzuuu

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
44
Bro, nice shots and wonderful story.
Do you have whatsapp or wechat, I would like to seek some tips or advise from you as am visiting Beijing next month and keen to travel north after.
Thanks.

You may whatsapp me at +6597212682
Thanks.
 

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
Bro, nice shots and wonderful story.
Do you have whatsapp or wechat, I would like to seek some tips or advise from you as am visiting Beijing next month and keen to travel north after.
Thanks.

You may whatsapp me at +6597212682
Thanks.

I shall try to help you as much. However my trip is adhoc, i go when my heart brings me.
 

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
I am presently on a train ride, from 绥芬河 to 满洲里. I paid 98RMB for a terrible 21 h train ride, 硬座靠窗.

I opt for window seat, for i expect exciting sceneries and a lesser filled train cabin.

The train left for 满洲里 at 2100h last night. It shall arrive at destination at 1900h later.

The sceneries were disappointing, cloudy snowy whites dotted the horizon, i have seen better snow fall in 绥芬河.

The train cabin is cramped and filled to full capacity.. passengers alight, the seats are quickly taken too.


Taking 硬座,you have opportunities to mingle with neighbors, your ride wont be too bored.

For example i was told if you opt for 低卧铺 there is a window view too. And for 卧铺, i need to pay about 200 RMB .

I regret for not taking a 卧铺。
 

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
Arrived in 满洲里 ... A chilling place at -10 degrees...


满洲里《套娃广场》

mzl3.jpg


mzl4.jpg



满洲里《国门》

mzl5.jpg
 
Last edited:

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
Looks like Russian influence alot.
Nice pictures! What camera are you using?
What attire for minus 10c?
Jia you jia you!!

Sent from Asus ME173X using GAGT

Thanks I am using LG Nexus 5 ... I had 5 layers of clothings. I am now in 海拉尔, temperature at freezing -18 deg ...

At 满洲里 and 海拉尔, sometimes it is so freezing cold that I had to quickly take pictures [for I need to remove my gloves] , my hands will feel numb if without gloves for more than a minute....


Here're my clothes ...

101.jpg


100.jpg
 
Last edited:

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
the food pics seriously sucks / disgusting

I just want to stretch my dollars. I am not too particular about food anyway.

For budget traveller, you may budget 100RMB for hotel stay, and 40 RMB for food [20 RMB x 2 meals] ...
 

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
It was freaking cold in 满洲里 and 海拉尔, whilst it has not snowed since my arrival 3 days ago. And I begin to miss the snow flakes in 绥芬河 and 长汀。。。。

绥芬河《大光明寺》

sfh21.jpg



绥芬河《北海公园》

sfh22.jpg




绥芬河《大光明寺》

sfh23.jpg




绥芬河《大光明寺》

sfh24.jpg




绥芬河《大光明寺》

sfh25.jpg
 

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
The lake has hardened ... and people now can walk on the lake ..


满洲里《小北湖》

mzl21.jpg



满洲里《小北湖》

mzl22%5b1%5d.jpg



满洲里《小北湖》

mzl23%5b1%5d.jpg



满洲里《小北湖》

mzl24%5b1%5d.jpg



满洲里《小北湖》

mzl25%5b1%5d.jpg



满洲里《小北湖》

mzl26%5b1%5d.jpg




满洲里《小北湖》 - super moon in 满洲里

mzl27%5b1%5d.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top