My China Trip - 2016

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
Left 满洲里 for 海拉尔... Spent 37RMB for a 3hr bus ride .... Here are the pictures taken from the bus.。。。。


mzl31%5b1%5d.jpg


mzl32%5b1%5d.jpg


mzl33%5b1%5d.jpg


mzl34%5b1%5d.jpg


mzl35%5b1%5d.jpg


mzl36%5b1%5d.jpg


mzl37%5b1%5d.jpg


mzl38%5b1%5d.jpg
 

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
How you get 100rmb for hotel stay? Stay in hostels?

Sent from Asus ME173X using GAGT

I shall return from Guangzhou (got the cheapest ticket at 56 sgd) on late November. I shall stay in China up to 30 days. I have earlier paid $60++ for a 30 days visa.

So far for hotel...

In 延吉, 118RMB
In 珲春, 50RMB
In 长汀, 50RMB
In 绥芬河, 60RMB
In 东宁, 40RMB
In 满州里, 58RMB
In 海拉尔, 99RMB

All the rooms are better than rooms in Genting First World Hotel, except for rooms in 珲春,绥芬河 and 东宁。

All rooms has own toilets, except for 珲春 and 东宁。

Room in 绥芬河 was freaking cold, the heater does not seem to work. Almost get sick there.

Rooms in 海拉尔 are generally more expensive than in 满州里。Many hotels there don't accept visitors with foreign passports. I make several calls before I got mine.

I use ctrip... You need a local number to make booking however.


For 延吉 and 珲春, I booked the room while I was in SG, I booked them via booking.com ...
 
Last edited:

vuzuuu

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
44
Totally agree with you , bro.
It's a kind of experience to spend some time at those youth hostels where you will have the opportunity to know other backpackers from other countries.

Nice shots.

I just want to stretch my dollars. I am not too particular about food anyway.

For budget traveller, you may budget 100RMB for hotel stay, and 40 RMB for food [20 RMB x 2 meals] ...
 

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2006
Messages
19,876
Reaction score
307
I shall return from Guangzhou (got the cheapest ticket at 56 sgd) on late November. I shall stay in China up to 30 days. I have earlier paid $60++ for a 30 days visa.

So far for hotel...

In 延吉, 118RMB
In 珲春, 50RMB
In 长汀, 50RMB
In 绥芬河, 60RMB
In 东宁, 40RMB
In 满州里, 58RMB
In 海拉尔, 99RMB

All the rooms are better than rooms in Genting First World Hotel, except for rooms in 珲春,绥芬河 and 东宁。

All rooms has own toilets, except for 珲春 and 东宁。

Room in 绥芬河 was freaking cold, the heater does not seem to work. Almost get sick there.

Rooms in 海拉尔 are generally more expensive than in 满州里。Many hotels there don't accept visitors with foreign passports. I make several calls before I got mine.

I use ctrip... You need a local number to make booking however.


For 延吉 and 珲春, I booked the room while I was in SG, I booked them via booking.com ...

Thanks.....
Is it very difficult to apply the visa?
this early April i went, but it seemed they want ALL the itineary (including hotel booking) listed.
 

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
Thanks.....
Is it very difficult to apply the visa?
this early April i went, but it seemed they want ALL the itineary (including hotel booking) listed.

For 满洲里 and 海拉尔, the hotels are affordable most probably due to low season..., November is not a good time to travel to 海拉尔。The grasslands in 呼伦贝尔 already capped in snow ... My 99RMB hotel in 海拉尔 is a 3 stars hotel, and the walk-in rate is 499 RMB ....


As for visa, I had earlier requested for a 3 months visa (I had listed the days and places I intend to visit), it was rejected on the spot .. The staff said she could only grant me a 30 days visa instead [ and she said that for travel visa, they would most probably granted only 30 days visa].

It's not difficult to apply for a visa, just list the cities and days that you intend to visit. As for hotels, just tell them that you have not firmed up your plans yet.

Something to note about the Chinese visa ...
a. As long as you exit China within the free 14 days entry, your 30 days Chinese visa will still valid [not expended].

b. My Chinese visa seems to have a 5 years [or more] expiry [know it at the Chinese custom]. I was surprised to note that my Chinese visa remains valid [after having it for more than a year].

Thus you may just apply for a visa now [even though you have no plans for traveling yet] [you may want to clarify with the embassy staff instead]
 
Last edited:

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
Totally agree with you , bro.
It's a kind of experience to spend some time at those youth hostels where you will have the opportunity to know other backpackers from other countries.

Nice shots.

There are not many backpackers [rather no backpackers] in the cities I visited. As for youth hostels, I believe they are available only to Chinese nationals...
 

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
My KFC breakfast in 海拉尔, 17RMB 。。。

hle2[1].jpg





And an ice cream cone at 1RMB ...

hle3[1].jpg
 

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
My travelings ...



103[1].jpg




a. From 沈阳桃仙机场 to 沈阳北。。【by airport bus 15 RMB?】

b. From 沈阳北 to 延吉 【by rail】

c. From 延吉 to 珲春 【by rail, 19 RMB?】

d. From 珲春 to 图们 [by mini bus], and return back to 珲春。

e. From 珲春 to 牡丹江 【by bus】

f. From 牡丹江 to 长汀 [by shared private car 顺风车, 30 RMB]

g. From 长汀 to 牡丹江 【by shared private car 顺风车, 50 RMB, heavy snow storm and they ask for more ...】

h. From 牡丹江 to 绥芬河 【by train】

i. From 绥芬河 to 东宁 【by shared private car 顺风车, 30 RMB】

j. From 东宁 to 绥芬河 【by shared private car 顺风车, 30 RMB】

k. From 绥芬河 to 满洲里 【by train】

l. From 满洲里 to 海拉尔 【by bus】
 

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2006
Messages
19,876
Reaction score
307
Thanks, SOS!
Didnt know the visa can last so long.
That time, i was trying to do a longer visa so can enjoy hangzhou, huangshan, suzhou n shanghai....
But scared off by the strict rules.
In the end just make do 15 days hangzhou.

Sent from Asus ME173X using GAGT
 

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2006
Messages
19,876
Reaction score
307
Just wonder how long you took to plan this trip? Is this what you had always wanted to do?
For me, kind of like once a lifetime.
China really offers many facets of the world.
Interesting country.

Sent from Asus ME173X using GAGT
 

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
Thanks, SOS!
Didnt know the visa can last so long.
That time, i was trying to do a longer visa so can enjoy hangzhou, huangshan, suzhou n shanghai....
But scared off by the strict rules.
In the end just make do 15 days hangzhou.

Sent from Asus ME173X using GAGT

You may want to clarify with the embassy instead [the visa has a 'enter before' date, and mine is 27 Aug 2015]... Perhaps I will update again when I exit China, I had stayed in China for more than 14 days liao. I believe my visa still valid from my earlier entry ...
 

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
Just wonder how long you took to plan this trip? Is this what you had always wanted to do?
For me, kind of like once a lifetime.
China really offers many facets of the world.
Interesting country.

Sent from Asus ME173X using GAGT

Not really what I had in mine. I would like to exit to North Korea or Mongolia [for we have free 14 days entry], and re-enter China ..., and now I am in a crossroads if I should proceed to [呼和浩特,鄂尔多斯 Ordos 鬼城] or head down to 成都 to prepare my exit from China in 广州。
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,797
Reaction score
3,596
Not really what I had in mine. I would like to exit to North Korea or Mongolia [for we have free 14 days entry], and re-enter China ..., and now I am in a crossroads if I should proceed to [呼和浩特,鄂尔多斯 Ordos 鬼城] or head down to 成都 to prepare my exit from China in 广州。

Mongolia is a waste of time, in my opinion.

You can head to Yunnan, go to Vietnam/Laos/Myanmar, do your visa run, then head back to Yunnan. Dali, Lijiang, etc are beautiful.
 

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Messages
29,405
Reaction score
202
Pictures taken along 海拉尔《依敏河》, as in many cities, the apartments are brightly lit with lights too. The lights make a city vibrant and lively ....


海拉尔《哈萨尔大街》
hle11%5b1%5d.jpg


海拉尔《哈萨尔大街》
hle18%5b1%5d.jpg


海拉尔《哈萨尔大街》
hle19%5b1%5d.jpg


海拉尔《哈萨尔大街》
hle20%5b1%5d.jpg



海拉尔《依敏河》
hle14[1].jpg


海拉尔《依敏河》
hle16[1].jpg


海拉尔《依敏河》
hle17[1].jpg



海拉尔《呼伦贝尔宾馆》
hle15[1].jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top