Myprotein SG

UO

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,723
Reaction score
122
Ya man the prices shot up so much!?

I buy 10kg every 2 years during black Friday/Christmas during 50% off.

2018 cost $128.98, 50% off

2020 cost $209.68. 55% SG55 flash sale

lol lah, markup also so much :s13::s12:

There has been excess diary globally whether in the EU or US. There is no reason to markup prices leh.
 

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,225
Reaction score
2,224
are there other brand that is cheaper and more reliable?

I usually order soy protein.

I just checked the price, it cost $139 (after discount) for 10 kg from local website.

around $133 (after discount) from UK website.

diary protein gave me bad breakout. once I stopped diary products, I stopped having breakout.
 

UO

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,723
Reaction score
122
are there other brand that is cheaper and more reliable?

I usually order soy protein.

I just checked the price, it cost $139 (after discount) for 10 kg from local website.

around $133 (after discount) from UK website.

diary protein gave me bad breakout. once I stopped diary products, I stopped having breakout.

Erhmm...MyProtein's soy protein isn't advertised as GMO free....

Price is great, but not sure if it is good to take long term.
 

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,225
Reaction score
2,224
thanks for bringing up.

didn't know about GMO at all.

I doubted it's GMO free, judging from the price.

MP has another range of organic products, and I supposed those are GMO free.

Erhmm...MyProtein's soy protein isn't advertised as GMO free....

Price is great, but not sure if it is good to take long term.
 
Last edited:

eataway

Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2020
Messages
382
Reaction score
0
vTA1sgV.jpg

A whole batch of protein bars just arrived and I got plenty to go through.. This MP white choc brownie is the tastiest so far, god it tastes like an actual dessert. Flavour is like a vanilla buttercake base with which chocolate chunks.. exciting times
 

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,225
Reaction score
2,224
thanks for sharing.

vTA1sgV.jpg

A whole batch of protein bars just arrived and I got plenty to go through.. This MP white choc brownie is the tastiest so far, god it tastes like an actual dessert. Flavour is like a vanilla buttercake base with which chocolate chunks.. exciting times
 

Dividends

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2020
Messages
8,559
Reaction score
4,353
vTA1sgV.jpg

A whole batch of protein bars just arrived and I got plenty to go through.. This MP white choc brownie is the tastiest so far, god it tastes like an actual dessert. Flavour is like a vanilla buttercake base with which chocolate chunks.. exciting times
Looks good, the lean protein bar doesn't taste very good.

Have you tried the chocolate brownie? How does it compare to the white chocolate?
 

eataway

Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2020
Messages
382
Reaction score
0
b70CwIU.jpg


okay here's the chocolate brownie from MP, it is not as moist as the white chocolate one shown earlier, flavour and texture is cake like and is definitely much better than the pasty quest bar soluble corn fiber variants..

do note that these brownies while very tasty are fairly caloric, so not very friendly on a cut they weigh around 75 grams a piece and pack close to 300 calories, i like them cause i want the carbs and protein pre workout and they taste really good for a protein snack!
 

OMeGa666

Master Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2014
Messages
3,642
Reaction score
60
Currently, Myprotein UK site is giving 45% off full-priced items with additional 40% off (promo code: EXTRA). 5kg unflavoured impact whey protein and 1kg creatine powder cost GBP74.43 and GBP14.99 respectively after discount. Shipping to SG from GBP5.99.

Is this deal good enough, or should we wait longer for possible Cyber Monday sale?
 

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2014
Messages
6,812
Reaction score
1,063
Their 1kg all natural peanut butter has increased price again, from previously $36 plus, to more than $44 now.

A 5kg unflavoured Whey protein costs $93 plus after 60% discount. Although still more expensive than last year's 11/11 sale ($71 plus), it is still much cheaper compared to other whey protein of their competitors.
 

UO

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,723
Reaction score
122
They are like increasing yearly. I buy every other year, of 2 x 5KG unflavored whey.

2018 was 120+, this year it is 180+. That is like a 33% increase. Quite insane man.
 

eataway

Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2020
Messages
382
Reaction score
0
i cant remember if the black friday sale will have a higher discount than 60%. but I do remember they throw in a lot of freebies like snack box samples etc.. for bfriday
they may have increased the price over the years but not like there's any better alternative elsewhere.
 

Dividends

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2020
Messages
8,559
Reaction score
4,353
Use discount code RAZIF for 62%.

They've kept prices stagnant for so long, but one shot increased so much. A 5kg bag of Vanilla impact way costs $88.50 now after discount. A year ago, I bought it for under $75 I remember.
 

kotori

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2001
Messages
895
Reaction score
3
Is 45% off for the uk site for Black Friday week the biggest discount? Or actual day got moreeeee?
 

eataway

Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2020
Messages
382
Reaction score
0
6Nxg5V6.jpg

2jgDE7L.jpg


Trying the choc peanut myprotein carb crusher vegan protein bar.
I really do not enjoy the taste of these bars, texture is powdery-pasty, has a bit of light crunch from cocoa coating and puff rice and soy nuggets.
But can't get used to that tau sar powdery-paste texture. Only thing I enjoyed was that it wasn't too sweet, thank goodness this was just a sample.

I now have 6 more box of protein bars to go through thanks to 11/11:s13:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top