danxiaogui86
Arch-Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Jan 12, 2003
- Messages
- 11,285
- Reaction score
- 23
I'm having problems with my Internet connection since two days ago... May I ask if anyone has some advice for my problem below? Cos I'm not sure if it's related to MR issue or not...
1. I'm using the EnGenius ESR9850 as the router, and whether via wireless or LAN cable, my computers can't access any websites other than the router config pages (192.168.0.1).
The computers get the 192.168.x.x IPs fine, but the connection tray icons show connectivity with an exclamation mark.
2. If I connect my computer directly to the ONT, I mostly can get connected to the Internet. It's what I'm doing now to post this, and also why I'm unsure if it's a MR issue or not.
I say mostly, because if I disconnect the LAN cable to bring the laptop somewhere else, then come back and replug again, sometimes it can't get connected until I restart the ONT.
3. I've done both resetting (the tiny button), and power-off-wait-10mins-power-on-again for both ONT and router, changed LAN cable, same issue persists.
4. Then I found a Dlink DCM-604 (cable modem?) lying around, and tried it in place of the EnGenius. I don't actually know what difference a router and a cable modem will make, or if it is supposed to work, but using the Dlink also gives the same symptoms.
5. However, when using the original EnGenius set-up, my HomeVoice actually still works. Just the Internet having issue.
...Ok wait, as I'm typing now I'm trying to connect back the HomeVoice ATA again, and it doesn't seem to work anymore. The "Phone" indicator light is off. The phone has dial tone, but calling any number gives a busy tone. Did my resetting of the router disturb anything?
Maybe I dug myself too big a hole with all these troubleshootingIf anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.
You have isolated the problem it seem, you connected direct to ONT mean MR internet is working. Fault lie in the router configuration. Can u try do a factory reset of the router?
Here my suggestion. Power off everything.
On ONT, test direct connection via lan cable to your laptop/computer. Does it work?
2nd, do a factory reset of your router and plug the ONT to the WAN port of your router. Does it work?
Make your your laptop/desktop does not have a static ip set in ipv4 settings.
