MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

happychai

Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
451
Reaction score
0
Just signed MR and got the early bird gift (from:Yelangrelive).
Really like their gift which is I'm looking at, thanks kenji
Keep it up MR team and provide us good service
 
Last edited:

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,223
Reaction score
311
Hmm... a small little suggestion.
You know the emails you send out that tells us about your scheduled maintenance?

Have an option to add it to our calendars.
so the mailer will contain something like this
Code:
webcal://www.myrepublic.com.sg/scheduleddowntime.ics
 

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,691
Reaction score
9,423
Hmm... a small little suggestion.
You know the emails you send out that tells us about your scheduled maintenance?

Have an option to add it to our calendars.
so the mailer will contain something like this
Code:
webcal://www.myrepublic.com.sg/scheduleddowntime.ics

ya this will be swee swee...hope not too long later ....got champions league...
 

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,969
Reaction score
2,573
Hi MR Support,

I was billed with a monthly charges to my CC even though i recommend a friend to MR. When i login to my account, it says payment not required.

Could you guys check?

Account: C1009024
 

lukestar

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2003
Messages
958
Reaction score
0
Hi MR Support,

I was billed with a monthly charges to my CC even though i recommend a friend to MR. When i login to my account, it says payment not required.

Could you guys check?

Account: C1009024

I would suggest calling their hotline if you have not done so.
 

Phoenix12

Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
182
Reaction score
0
However, to load things live, sorry, that's where only proper Cable plan like 25Mbps or above can work well and forget about ADSL which is hopeless as the distance between the unit to the exchange matters and hence it is a YMMV issue
Can you explain what you mean by this.

I can watch cycling live, I can watch rugby or any sport live.

I can watch TV programmes such as say 'The West Wing' or 'Breaking Bad' or etc etc all freea nd 'live'.

I don't get any buffering or stuttering or whatever.

All with my 1 Mbps connection download speed.

The only reason I am considering joining MR is that I have to have an ISP to get the FREE fiber installation. But Open Net say that the free installation doesn't have a time limit although as we all know that may change at some point.
 
Last edited:

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
Hi MR Support,

I was billed with a monthly charges to my CC even though i recommend a friend to MR. When i login to my account, it says payment not required.

Could you guys check?

Account: C1009024

Hi,

Could you PM me a copy of your credit card invoice for this month for me to check. I'm looking at the financial system and indeed it's 0.00sgd for the month of sept.
 

cyberet

Senior Member
Joined
May 28, 2001
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
329
Can you explain what you mean by this.

I can watch cycling live, I can watch rugby or any sport live.

I can watch TV programmes such as say 'The West Wing' or 'Breaking Bad' or etc etc all freea nd 'live'.

I don't get any buffering or stuttering or whatever.

All with my 1 Mbps connection download speed.

The only reason I am considering joining MR is that I have to have an ISP to get the FREE fiber installation. But Open Net say that the free installation doesn't have a time limit although as we all know that may change at some point.

stay with the hubstation 1mbps if you are happy with it. don't be penny wise, pound foolish :)

$38.88 x 24 months is definitely more than any opennet installation charge in future
 

leaving_footsteps

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2005
Messages
65,062
Reaction score
4,244
I would really appreciate it if MR could give me advance notice for maintenance.

A few hours of notice is hardly useful.
 

ussr_1991

Banned
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
5,460
Reaction score
419
Can you explain what you mean by this.

I can watch cycling live, I can watch rugby or any sport live.

I can watch TV programmes such as say 'The West Wing' or 'Breaking Bad' or etc etc all freea nd 'live'.

I don't get any buffering or stuttering or whatever.

All with my 1 Mbps connection download speed.

The only reason I am considering joining MR is that I have to have an ISP to get the FREE fiber installation. But Open Net say that the free installation doesn't have a time limit although as we all know that may change at some point.
Depends Quality of video? My 6Mbps cannot do that without any buffering.
 

misato

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,148
Reaction score
0
Rather than Quality of Video, you have to see the contents of the video as well. Video with lots of scene change (ie, massive fighting scene of armies) will required a much higher bandwidth to deliver. Most popular dramas doesn't have too much of scene changes and when does can be cached by the video buffer before hand and thus a slower link is usually sufficient.
 

lukestar

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2003
Messages
958
Reaction score
0
its going OT soon.. in 2004, my office (ex-ex-ex-job) internet 512k line was shared by 100 people.

Last time we still use WAP to surf websites leh...

...and 56K can read forum, email, faxing...so many things!
 

leaving_footsteps

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2005
Messages
65,062
Reaction score
4,244
For some unknown reasons, download speed for static IP is really poor.

Switching to dynamic IP made my download speed 3x faster.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top