Tiny potato
Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Oct 4, 2012
- Messages
- 7,925
- Reaction score
- 3
14 days of outage.
and MR did not even give any updates.
best isp ever.
Stomp them.

14 days of outage.
and MR did not even give any updates.
best isp ever.
MR has applied to be Singapore's 4th mobile broadband provider
http://www.ida.gov.sg/~/media/Files..._ProposedAllocationSpectrumIMT/MyRepublic.pdf

MR has applied to be Singapore's 4th mobile broadband provider
http://www.ida.gov.sg/~/media/Files..._ProposedAllocationSpectrumIMT/MyRepublic.pdf
Just wanna say that after almost A YEAR of TWITCH.TV problems and endless complains , I have been watching streams on SOURCE flawlessly for the past month. I have no idea what fixed it though
Just wanna say that after almost A YEAR of TWITCH.TV problems and endless complains , I have been watching streams on SOURCE flawlessly for the past month. I have no idea what fixed it though
Are you on 1 gbps plan ? or which plan are you on?
I needed to relocate MyRepublic service early this year before CNY, so I called MyRepublic to make the neccessary arrangement.
I was told that I would need to pay a $150++ for the relocation of service which I understand.
I moved on to ask if there is no TP in my new flat, can they do the installation for me and how much do I have to pay for that.
The CSO advise that I do not have to pay for it, as they are currently providing free OpenNet installation. I was glad to hear that and upon moving into my new flat, I noticed a few MyRepublic posters around my lift landing publicizing the free installation of OpenNet by MyRepublic. It gave me an assurance on the free TP installation your CSO advised me.
However, after half a year from the installation, the bill finally came and I had a bill shock!
MyRepublic charged me a $220++ for the TP aside to the relocation fee!
I called the service hotline, waited 15mins for somebody to finally attend to me, explain the situation to her, and only to receive no solution but a whole lot of ******** from your CSO.
She asked for the number that I used to call in 6 months ago, which I barely remember, then leave me holding for another 15mins, and came back telling me that she has escalated the matter to billing department, but they are unable to waive the amount off and tried to digress by educating me why is a TP important for my fibre broadband.
She also mentioned that the previous CSO that I spoke to might not be aware that I do not have a TP in my new flat, therefore, the misunderstanding. My point - Not aware, check! Don't assume! And how can she not be aware when I clearly asked if they are able to do the installation for me?! If there is already an existing TP, why do I even need to install another?! How many TP do I need in my house?!
She wasted my time and effort trying to explain something that didnt get through her. The whole point here isn't solely on whether or not are you able to waive the amount off! Rather, its the integrity and principle of the company, the brand! It's a shame that MyRepublic is unable to uphold their words and becoming very commercialize with only money in their eyes.
Yes, it could be one of your staff that provided me with the wrong info and I shouldn't penalize the brand based on one.
Afterall, it's YOUR staff that you failed to provide proper training for that fed me with the wrong info and at the end of the day, I am the one having to hold responsibility and paying for your negligence? This reflects very badly on MyRepublic.
This incident is upsetting me a lot and I told the CSO to terminate my fibre service.
Instead of trying to rectify the situation, she impatiently tell me that I would then have to pay a termination fee and on top of that, clear my existing bill.
This will be my very first and last encounter with MyRepublic.
Your service is an utter disappointment, and not forgetting your almost every other day maintenance.
Hi tenthjuly, your new place was it a BTO? or it a resale flat?
It's resale.
believe the previous owner missed the free installation by opennet hence it chargeable this time round.
Anyone on 1gbps experiencing lower download bw? My upload is where it should be but sometimes my download drop to 500-300 from 800+ when I have nothing downloading...
My new 29/mth SH 100Mbps ,better than expected .
China website now loads super fast and streaming at HD is smooth finally!!!!
Twitch ,youtube is ok !
So its MR problem afterall (or my shitty esr9850 ?)!
Might come at some torrent speed loss but worth it!
Its ironic but seems like I have to thank MR !
![]()
I'm suspecting issues with the ESR9850 too. So I'm going to sign up with someone else when my contract is up to get a free router upgrade. I can wait for torrents since it's just running in the background, but has no patience with youtube getting stuck frequently and slow china websites.
But I'm also looking at M1. Are they the worst of Big 3 since i'm seeing praises of SH and ST?
See you again MR, maybe two years later when I have to look around to decide at end of contract again.