MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComPuiTer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
11,848
Reaction score
7
MR called up to fix an appointment date for my 300 pure plan :D looking forward to it.

Though I wonder why can't installation be during weekends...

signup 1 GB since Jan...i will see whether they will break 1 year delay record
 

gabrielkfr

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Yes, it will reset the settings to default.

Did the technician configure any setting during the installation?

Not aware as I was not around during the installation. What can I do to maximise my 1Gbps? I average nothing more than 800Mbps atm... Have not tried direct connection to ONT but if I do so and if I get a significantly better speed eg. 900Mbps++ what can I derive from it? Router FW is latest, RT-AC68u.

Anyone here on 1Gbps able to get >900Mbps? Can share your speedtest :o And what your setup is :)
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Not aware as I was not around during the installation. What can I do to maximise my 1Gbps? I average nothing more than 800Mbps atm... Have not tried direct connection to ONT but if I do so and if I get a significantly better speed eg. 900Mbps++ what can I derive from it? Router FW is latest, RT-AC68u.

Anyone here on 1Gbps able to get >900Mbps? Can share your speedtest :o And what your setup is :)

Did you do a reset on your router after you updated to the latest firmware version?

My speedtest using wired connection through ASUS AC56U router:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 949352 kbps (118669 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 474290 kbps (59286.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 2 ms
Jitter: 0 ms
7/1/2014 8:11:38 AM
 

leecs93

Member
Joined
May 14, 2012
Messages
203
Reaction score
1
Hi all,

I've rolled over from my old contract to 1Gbps gamer plan and was installed recently together with the Asus AC68U router. I signed up for Static IP as well.

Problem started a few days ago when my wifi and wired connections began dropping out at 3-4min intervals for about 1min each time. Playing D3 nicely then will be disconnected. This usually happens during 4-7pm timings.

I called MR support and lady told me to connect wired directly to modem to see if got problem. I tried that and it seems to be ok for the time being.

So anybody has this experience with the new router before? Is there any config that needs to be adjusted on the router?

Also can anybody help me on how to config Static IP so that I can access my NAS externally? MR tech say my IP auto setup and don't hv to do anything but not sure about NAS.

Thanks in advance.
 

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
Also can anybody help me on how to config Static IP so that I can access my NAS externally? MR tech say my IP auto setup and don't hv to do anything but not sure about NAS.


which brand of NAS are you using? since it is static IP, if it is a Synology you just need to go to their external connetion tab, let them view your router config and they will try to config from there.

else it is manual port mapping/forwarding config on your router.
 

leecs93

Member
Joined
May 14, 2012
Messages
203
Reaction score
1
which brand of NAS are you using? since it is static IP, if it is a Synology you just need to go to their external connetion tab, let them view your router config and they will try to config from there.

else it is manual port mapping/forwarding config on your router.

Thanks for the reply.

May I know who are you referring to when u said 'their/them/they". Yes I'm using DS414. Do I go to the DSM Control Panel to do the configurations?
 

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
Thanks for the reply.

May I know who are you referring to when u said 'their/them/they". Yes I'm using DS414. Do I go to the DSM Control Panel to do the configurations?

For all the they/their, I refer to Synology NAS itself. (And the router page for the port mapping/forwarding) sorry for being unclear. Under configuration there should be an external connection tab or named similarly. One of the tabs in that page lets you view all the services which are enabled (FTPS SSH etc.).
 

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I've rolled over from my old contract to 1Gbps gamer plan and was installed recently together with the Asus AC68U router. I signed up for Static IP as well.

Problem started a few days ago when my wifi and wired connections began dropping out at 3-4min intervals for about 1min each time. Playing D3 nicely then will be disconnected. This usually happens during 4-7pm timings.

I called MR support and lady told me to connect wired directly to modem to see if got problem. I tried that and it seems to be ok for the time being.

So anybody has this experience with the new router before? Is there any config that needs to be adjusted on the router?

Also can anybody help me on how to config Static IP so that I can access my NAS externally? MR tech say my IP auto setup and don't hv to do anything but not sure about NAS.

Thanks in advance.
Flash your router firmware to 5656. Your version may be those previous firmware where there is intermittent dc to Internet
 

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
Not aware as I was not around during the installation. What can I do to maximise my 1Gbps? I average nothing more than 800Mbps atm... Have not tried direct connection to ONT but if I do so and if I get a significantly better speed eg. 900Mbps++ what can I derive from it? Router FW is latest, RT-AC68u.

Disable router QoS feature
Anyone here on 1Gbps able to get >900Mbps? Can share your speedtest :o And what your setup is :)

Disable your router QoS feature.
 

leecs93

Member
Joined
May 14, 2012
Messages
203
Reaction score
1
Flash your router firmware to 5656. Your version may be those previous firmware where there is intermittent dc to Internet

Was there a history of intermittent disconnect for the previous firmware of the router?

I have updated to the latest firmware and monitoring the situation.
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
Hi all,

I've rolled over from my old contract to 1Gbps gamer plan and was installed recently together with the Asus AC68U router. I signed up for Static IP as well.

Problem started a few days ago when my wifi and wired connections began dropping out at 3-4min intervals for about 1min each time. Playing D3 nicely then will be disconnected. This usually happens during 4-7pm timings.

I called MR support and lady told me to connect wired directly to modem to see if got problem. I tried that and it seems to be ok for the time being.

So anybody has this experience with the new router before? Is there any config that needs to be adjusted on the router?

Also can anybody help me on how to config Static IP so that I can access my NAS externally? MR tech say my IP auto setup and don't hv to do anything but not sure about NAS.

Thanks in advance.

Flash to latest firmware from asus or Merlin.
U need to port forward, check the guide from your nas brand.
 

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
55,968
Reaction score
2,301
Was there a history of intermittent disconnect for the previous firmware of the router?

I have updated to the latest firmware and monitoring the situation.
5517 had disconnect/reboot issues for AC68U and is no longer available for download. 5656 fixed this problem.
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
signup 1 GB since Jan...i will see whether they will break 1 year delay record

I doubt that :s13: They are starting to roll out appointments from 1/7.

Whatever problem they had before which has been delaying the installation, I think they're solved now.
 

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
Flash to latest firmware from asus or Merlin.
U need to port forward, check the guide from your nas brand.

does AC68 support NAT-PMP? if it does, synology will detect it and there is no need for end user to configure the router other than turning NAT-PMP on.
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
does AC68 support NAT-PMP? if it does, synology will detect it and there is no need for end user to configure the router other than turning NAT-PMP on.

Actually Synology have a function to auto map your port to your router. i use that on my ac68u and synology 713+
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top