MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

eR1c.sg

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2012
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
MYREPUBLIC! What's the use of setting up a messaging system when you don't even reply to the messages in your home page!!! It is just for show?? I ask a question regarding the free Norton Internet Security Code over there 2 times and no one bother to reply!! Is MYREPUBLIC GOING DOWNHILL in terms of customer service?????!!!!!! Damn piss! If there is no more free Norton Internet Security, just simple reply and i can go get my renewal myself!!

MyRepublic replied me that the Norton Internet Security is only offered free for the last 3 months of the plan? WTF? They marketed it to be complimentary free as long as I stay with MyRepublic. Now they telling me otherwise? And if there was a change in such arrangement, why was it not mentioned to customer?? And why do I need NIS only at the last 3 months of the plan??
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
MyRepublic replied me that the Norton Internet Security is only offered free for the last 3 months of the plan? WTF? They marketed it to be complimentary free as long as I stay with MyRepublic. Now they telling me otherwise? And if there was a change in such arrangement, why was it not mentioned to customer?? And why do I need NIS only at the last 3 months of the plan??

Hrm, actually that not true. If you were on the older plans 100/150mbps, the contract have the free norton security pack. unless u upgrade to the 300/1gbps plan. then it don't offer anymore. might want to check with another helpdesk agent
 

Darknights

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 11, 2006
Messages
6,763
Reaction score
1,433
I had simillar issue with Netflix on my Roku3, resolved it through a work around. Roku with recent software update start using Google DNS as secondary name server (which cannot be changed), all you need is to block port 53 for 8.8.8.8 ( both TCP and UDP) on your router firewall for your entire network or if you have assigned a static IP to Roku in your network blocking it for that IP will do.
i'm accessing it through my computer browser.. and both my DNS is pointing to MR DNS servers. even a dns flush doesn't work.
 

coranyge

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
2,130
Reaction score
9
MR Tech came my house to change ONT for 1Gbps this evening. I wasn't around to verify the speed. came home to do speedtest direct via ONT and was shocked to see this speed... any MR rep can help? thanks

 

souler87

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
1,734
Reaction score
0
MR Tech came my house to change ONT for 1Gbps this evening. I wasn't around to verify the speed. came home to do speedtest direct via ONT and was shocked to see this speed... any MR rep can help? thanks


try restart the ONT see does it help? If not maybe MR backend not yet update your upgrade
 

coranyge

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
2,130
Reaction score
9

advanced1

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2009
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
MyRepublic replied me that the Norton Internet Security is only offered free for the last 3 months of the plan? WTF? They marketed it to be complimentary free as long as I stay with MyRepublic. Now they telling me otherwise? And if there was a change in such arrangement, why was it not mentioned to customer?? And why do I need NIS only at the last 3 months of the plan??

You are already considered lucky, I traded in the RT-N15U in 2012 for 1 free month of subscription but they still charged me for it. Emailed them and they totally ignored my 1 month free subscription even when i've attached my contract which clearly says that my 20th month subscription will be waived....warning to bros whu are intending to sign up with Myrepublic, take care once u signed up and is tied down for the nxt 2 yrs....
 

zapp!

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,305
Reaction score
8
MYR also billed me wrongly for a router i did not purchase -_-

Have already called up customer service, they will refund back to the account next month. Hoping they do.:s22:
 

zuppa

Junior Member
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Set-up Box

Hi all.. I'm moving from Mio to MR. Any recommendations on what set-up box to buy?

Want to watch soccer, kids stuff etc..

thanks in advance for your advice!
 

azrin619

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
0
MR Tech came my house to change ONT for 1Gbps this evening. I wasn't around to verify the speed. came home to do speedtest direct via ONT and was shocked to see this speed... any MR rep can help? thanks


Looks like yr PC firewall has issues.
Also update the firmware and use a GOOD CAT6 cable to test....
80mbps is a bummer...so surely the test would read at least 100+

Try Speedtest on WIreess 5Ghz....
see if better
 

eR1c.sg

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2012
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Hrm, actually that not true. If you were on the older plans 100/150mbps, the contract have the free norton security pack. unless u upgrade to the 300/1gbps plan. then it don't offer anymore. might want to check with another helpdesk agent

MR replied me in FB, and told me that... but when i ask when will they release the new codes as my renewal is just in few days. After that NO SOUND NO PICTURE! Bad Service!
 

eR1c.sg

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2012
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
MyRepublic replied me that the Norton Internet Security is only offered free for the last 3 months of the plan? WTF? They marketed it to be complimentary free as long as I stay with MyRepublic. Now they telling me otherwise? And if there was a change in such arrangement, why was it not mentioned to customer?? And why do I need NIS only at the last 3 months of the plan??

MyRepublic replied in FB PM "Hi, I see that you are still under the old promotion. Yes you will still be able to get the Norton Internet Security for free as long as you are under us. ^SA"

I replied back "So when will I get it? I am departing singapore on monday and all my devices' NIS is due for renewal in few days. If MR is unable to provide, I will just buy and renew myself. It is definitely notvan issue to fork out 70+SGD for the NIS, but the service response from MR leave a bad after taste."

After this, NO SOUND NO PICTURE! WTF!!!!! getting fedup! i will just get the NIS myself instead of relying on MyRepublic. Such bad service response from MR. I probably look at changing Service Provider when my contract ends June 2015. MyRepublic customer service is getting bad recently! And they want to gets into TELCO service?

Maybe in the next COMEX Show in late August, I will go to the show and see if Lawzer is there and give him a wake up call.

I had wanted to intro more of my friends into MR, but now looking at it, i think i will not do it. I do not want my friends to come back to me when there are problems with MR Service!

While i can tolerate internet disruption to a certain extend, bad customer service is what really gets to me. If the company is small and fighting against the big 3, the more it should had emphasis on Customer Service as a means to differentiate them. It was good at the beginning, but it had gone down alot since then.

Damn.......
 

eR1c.sg

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2012
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
I had wanted to get the 1gbps service from MR, but right not, i am putting it on hold. while i would like to have this kind of speed, it is not everything. Customer Service is also 1 of the thing i will look at. i would rather paying abit more per month if i can get decent customer service, or get a lesser speed than 1 gbps and have better service.

MR had a good start, but failed to maintain it.

And now, they want to get into Telco service??
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
MyRepublic replied in FB PM "Hi, I see that you are still under the old promotion. Yes you will still be able to get the Norton Internet Security for free as long as you are under us. ^SA"

I replied back "So when will I get it? I am departing singapore on monday and all my devices' NIS is due for renewal in few days. If MR is unable to provide, I will just buy and renew myself. It is definitely notvan issue to fork out 70+SGD for the NIS, but the service response from MR leave a bad after taste."

After this, NO SOUND NO PICTURE! WTF!!!!! getting fedup! i will just get the NIS myself instead of relying on MyRepublic. Such bad service response from MR. I probably look at changing Service Provider when my contract ends June 2015. MyRepublic customer service is getting bad recently! And they want to gets into TELCO service?

Maybe in the next COMEX Show in late August, I will go to the show and see if Lawzer is there and give him a wake up call.

I had wanted to intro more of my friends into MR, but now looking at it, i think i will not do it. I do not want my friends to come back to me when there are problems with MR Service!

While i can tolerate internet disruption to a certain extend, bad customer service is what really gets to me. If the company is small and fighting against the big 3, the more it should had emphasis on Customer Service as a means to differentiate them. It was good at the beginning, but it had gone down alot since then.

Damn.......

The NIS code is in your account manager did you check that?

BTW that antivirus isnt that good either, Symantec has improved over the years but it is still a resource hog when compared to others. Interface is bad, unnecessary settings like computer load management and no option to shut off popups from taskbar.

Your computer wont meltdown because of a virus. Even without the renewal if there is no new potent exploiting virus your computer will be safe with its existing database. If you are really paranoid, uninstall and just install some of those free ones available.

The best antivirus is the user themselves. If you dont go click everything that is potential virus bait (click to get paid, cheap Viagra, porn, free game) then you will do fine.

Lastly cut MR some slack. Its the weekend and I think their admin office is closed. Who's gonna get the NIS code for you over the weekend? Why wanna make life miserable for people/complain just because of the antivirus code when u can just install free one first or even get it yourself?


P/S: really? u can tolerate internet disruption but not the antivirus problem you encountered? I think I will have their team focus on keeping internet connection stable rather than putting energy to ensure everyone gets their free NIS. Think most would be on my side, and afterall, without internet how are you going to be exposed to new virus that your NIS cannot handle if you are not plugging in infected removable media?
 
Last edited:

ArleFK

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
0
MyRepublic replied in FB PM "Hi, I see that you are still under the old promotion. Yes you will still be able to get the Norton Internet Security for free as long as you are under us. ^SA"

I replied back "So when will I get it? I am departing singapore on monday and all my devices' NIS is due for renewal in few days. If MR is unable to provide, I will just buy and renew myself. It is definitely notvan issue to fork out 70+SGD for the NIS, but the service response from MR leave a bad after taste."

After this, NO SOUND NO PICTURE! WTF!!!!! getting fedup! i will just get the NIS myself instead of relying on MyRepublic. Such bad service response from MR. I probably look at changing Service Provider when my contract ends June 2015. MyRepublic customer service is getting bad recently! And they want to gets into TELCO service?

Maybe in the next COMEX Show in late August, I will go to the show and see if Lawzer is there and give him a wake up call.

I had wanted to intro more of my friends into MR, but now looking at it, i think i will not do it. I do not want my friends to come back to me when there are problems with MR Service!

While i can tolerate internet disruption to a certain extend, bad customer service is what really gets to me. If the company is small and fighting against the big 3, the more it should had emphasis on Customer Service as a means to differentiate them. It was good at the beginning, but it had gone down alot since then.

Damn.......

Siao lian eh, you sign up for internet plan or anti virus. Wtf is wrong with you sia, for one stupid anti virus kpkb so much. Internet down, got problem come here to kp I can understand. For one substandard antivirus program which is free for only 3 months, you write one long paragraph to kpkb about their customer service and such. Come on la bro. Have you worked in customer service line before? It is exactly your kind of attitude that pisses of those customer service officers. You not happy just go down straight to the office or email their CEO la. :s22::s22::s22:
 

rustcify

Junior Member
Joined
May 1, 2012
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Hi , my 100mbps PURE plan contract is ending soon. What are the options for me to continue with?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top