MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComPuiTer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
11,848
Reaction score
7
To all the MR representatives here,

What is the acceptable waiting time for a customer who had signed up a service with your company?
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
To all the MR representatives here,

What is the acceptable waiting time for a customer who had signed up a service with your company?

New user or recontract?

If new usually within 2 weeks should be able get you hooked up.
 

yanbros

Master Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
2,846
Reaction score
1
I just received my MR service on Friday. Not sure why there are frequent loss of connection to internet. The lights on the router and ont all looks fine, but just cannot connect to internet. All devices are the same. Signal full bar but no connection.

Had to reboot router and ont several times a day. Anyone have any solution?
 

ArleFK

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
0
I just received my MR service on Friday. Not sure why there are frequent loss of connection to internet. The lights on the router and ont all looks fine, but just cannot connect to internet. All devices are the same. Signal full bar but no connection.

Had to reboot router and ont several times a day. Anyone have any solution?

Loss of connection is wireless connection? Need to see if its router or ONT issuse

Try updating router firmware.
 

yanbros

Master Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
2,846
Reaction score
1
Loss of connection is wireless connection? Need to see if its router or ONT issuse

Try updating router firmware.
Yes, all wireless devices lost connection. I don't have any wired connection, so it will not be possible to find out if wired connection is still there when the wireless connections are lost.

In actually fact, i can't see anything wrong with the router and ONT. Even all the devices still showing full bar signal.

I have updated the firmware. Now i'm curious to know if it was the update that caused this to happen.
 

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
Yes, all wireless devices lost connection. I don't have any wired connection, so it will not be possible to find out if wired connection is still there when the wireless connections are lost.

In actually fact, i can't see anything wrong with the router and ONT. Even all the devices still showing full bar signal.

I have updated the firmware. Now i'm curious to know if it was the update that caused this to happen.

what router is it?
 

eR1c.sg

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2012
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
The NIS code is in your account manager did you check that?

Fristly, i had checked quite a few time and what is reflected is the codes for last year.

BTW that antivirus isnt that good either, Symantec has improved over the years but it is still a resource hog when compared to others. Interface is bad, unnecessary settings like computer load management and no option to shut off popups from taskbar.

Your computer wont meltdown because of a virus. Even without the renewal if there is no new potent exploiting virus your computer will be safe with its existing database. If you are really paranoid, uninstall and just install some of those free ones available.

The best antivirus is the user themselves. If you dont go click everything that is potential virus bait (click to get paid, cheap Viagra, porn, free game) then you will do fine.

Secondly, I had been using NIS for sometime and I dun think i owe anyone the explanation of why i choose NIS over other anti-virus. I am comfortable with it and so i choose to use it.

Lastly cut MR some slack. Its the weekend and I think their admin office is closed. Who's gonna get the NIS code for you over the weekend? Why wanna make life miserable for people/complain just because of the antivirus code when u can just install free one first or even get it yourself?

P/S: really? u can tolerate internet disruption but not the antivirus problem you encountered? I think I will have their team focus on keeping internet connection stable rather than putting energy to ensure everyone gets their free NIS. Think most would be on my side, and afterall, without internet how are you going to be exposed to new virus that your NIS cannot handle if you are not plugging in infected removable media?

Thirdly, I had raised this queries to them way before i started posting over here. I do not shoot at the first instance, but had given time for the response, which I had get none initially. As mentioned before, I do not mind getting the NIS code myself, but if it is part of the promise from MR to its customer, I do not want to have a set of code lying around for nothing. If MR response promptly to my query on this issue, just telling me whether it is still providing the NIS code or not, I don't think I would be posting here.

Lastly, to each his own on what a person can and cannot tolerate. Maybe to some, this is small issue. To me, apart from acceptable internet connection, customer service is part of the package. And the reason why I choose MR in the very first place. The customer service response was much better than the Big 3. But it has drop quite substantially lately. Expansion of a company should not equates to the drops in the standard of customer service.
 

eR1c.sg

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2012
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Siao lian eh, you sign up for internet plan or anti virus. Wtf is wrong with you sia, for one stupid anti virus kpkb so much. Internet down, got problem come here to kp I can understand. For one substandard antivirus program which is free for only 3 months, you write one long paragraph to kpkb about their customer service and such. Come on la bro. Have you worked in customer service line before? It is exactly your kind of attitude that pisses of those customer service officers. You not happy just go down straight to the office or email their CEO la. :s22::s22::s22:

Lao lian eh, FYI, i am not that young either. As for what i am kpkb about, i doubt u really understand. So i dun think i wanna waste my time and siao kian with you. How did you know if i had or had not ever worked in customer service before? You will be surprise. Of course, i dun owe you that explanation also. If you understand what customer service is all about, then you will understand what I means. If not, that is too bad.
 

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
You want NIS? I have extra - dunno if can transferred or 'reallocate'..

Not into free stuffs as I have paid subscriptions
 

Rock

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2000
Messages
801
Reaction score
1
For those who plan to terminate MR service like my case. Please take note that you have to return 4 items ( ONT modem, ONT power cord, ONT fibre cable and LAN cable) upon collection from don't know MR or Open net staff. MR customer service told us that on site collection is free. We will double check after receive the latest bill.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top