MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_viper

Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
paid $200+ for this AC68U upgrade...
if the firmware issues keep coming up, it's really disappointing :/
The guy who installed my connection told me that many of his customers have problems with the ac68u. I switched to netgear r7000. I did not reset my modem after firmware upgrade which is a requirement. After doing that its back to normal.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,233
Reaction score
192
The guy who installed my connection told me that many of his customers have problems with the ac68u. I switched to netgear r7000. I did not reset my modem after firmware upgrade which is a requirement. After doing that its back to normal.

Do you mean router instead of modem?

So currently is it back to normal on ASUS AC68U router?
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
The guy who installed my connection told me that many of his customers have problems with the ac68u. I switched to netgear r7000. I did not reset my modem after firmware upgrade which is a requirement. After doing that its back to normal.

sigh. I hope MR comes up with a good remedy for customers who paid for the AC68U upgrade... :/

it's like $269... and yet we aren't even getting the speeds we paid for
 

ArleFK

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
0
sigh. I hope MR comes up with a good remedy for customers who paid for the AC68U upgrade... :/

it's like $269... and yet we aren't even getting the speeds we paid for

Should be complaining to Asus instead of MR imo. MR made the recommendation of AC68U based on the fact that it is one of the best routers around. Not their fault the router firmware is faulty.
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
sigh. I hope MR comes up with a good remedy for customers who paid for the AC68U upgrade... :/

it's like $269... and yet we aren't even getting the speeds we paid for

Why does MR have anything to do with the router's issue?

if the problem persists, why don't you bring the router to Asus for warranty?
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
Should be complaining to Asus instead of MR imo. MR made the recommendation of AC68U based on the fact that it is one of the best routers around. Not their fault the router firmware is faulty.

Why does MR have anything to do with the router's issue?

if the problem persists, why don't you bring the router to Asus for warranty?

I doubt Asus can do anything (I mean they won't be able to accept a return for a full refund so I can get another router right?)

I think MR did try to help earlier. A few months back, they mentioned they were in discussion with the ASUS engineers to resolve these problems.

Yes, it's not MR's fault but I only got the expensive router based on the recommendations on their site. I haven't done enough research myself, but if the AC68U woes are only restricted to MR, then MR needs to take some form of responsibility too right? (e.g. if the other AC68U users with other telcos face no such issues?)
 

ArleFK

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
0
I doubt Asus can do anything (I mean they won't be able to accept a return for a full refund so I can get another router right?)

I think MR did try to help earlier. A few months back, they mentioned they were in discussion with the ASUS engineers to resolve these problems.

Yes, it's not MR's fault but I only got the expensive router based on the recommendations on their site. I haven't done enough research myself, but if the AC68U woes are only restricted to MR, then MR needs to take some form of responsibility too right? (e.g. if the other AC68U users with other telcos face no such issues?)

If Asus can't do anything for their routers, then what else can MR do? :s22:

You are complaining about router issues in a wrong thread. You should head over to the router threads to see if there are people facing the same issues and if there is any solutions to your problems.
 

kevinsnow

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Got speed problem yesterday.

Usually I got 900+Mbps download speed but from yesterday only got around 300Mbps, what I think is because of the static IP problem because yesterday my static IP was activated.

Today chatted with myRepublic, they said it is because of the ONT and schedule a maintenance appointment on this Saturday. Let's see.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,233
Reaction score
192
Got speed problem yesterday.

Usually I got 900+Mbps download speed but from yesterday only got around 300Mbps, what I think is because of the static IP problem because yesterday my static IP was activated.

Today chatted with myRepublic, they said it is because of the ONT and schedule a maintenance appointment on this Saturday. Let's see.

You also got around 300Mbps even with direct connection from ONT?
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,233
Reaction score
192
Not tested, but the router settings are never changed.
Should not be router's problem.

Normally I just do some basic troubleshooting on my end first.

If possible, you can try to perform a reset or switch off on your router for around 10s to check if the issue still persists.
 

red_december

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2007
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
40
I should be getting AC68u next week when I am migrated to 1Gbps. I'll be using my existing N66u as the main router and AC68u as the secondary router.

Just a question, should I bridge the 2 routers manually by using the LAN-LAN port and disabling DHCP on AC68u or should I just use the AP mode on AC68u and connect from N66u LAN port to AC68u WAN port? Is there any difference between the 2 methods?
 

jonathan1991

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
After you updated the firmware version, did you perform a reset on your router?

The speed is around 300+Mbps since day 1?

speed is even worst after rebooting
Last Result: Download Speed: 268013 kbps (33501.6 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed: 175896 kbps (21987 KB/sec transfer rate)


Installation is done on July 9th, went overseas on 10th, just came back 2days ago and started testing.
On day 1, after installation around 4pm, i checked speedtest its 200mbps+.
dropped a email to MR, no replies till now.
 

crypster

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
439
Reaction score
0
I should be getting AC68u next week when I am migrated to 1Gbps. I'll be using my existing N66u as the main router and AC68u as the secondary router.

Just a question, should I bridge the 2 routers manually by using the LAN-LAN port and disabling DHCP on AC68u or should I just use the AP mode on AC68u and connect from N66u LAN port to AC68u WAN port? Is there any difference between the 2 methods?

LAN to LAN will be better, AP bridge will lose 50% bandwidth technically in all AP.
 

ArleFK

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
0
speed is even worst after rebooting
Last Result: Download Speed: 268013 kbps (33501.6 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed: 175896 kbps (21987 KB/sec transfer rate)


Installation is done on July 9th, went overseas on 10th, just came back 2days ago and started testing.
On day 1, after installation around 4pm, i checked speedtest its 200mbps+.
dropped a email to MR, no replies till now.

What is the speed for the direct connection to the ONT? If its above 800Mbps then its most likely an issue with the Router.
 

jonathan1991

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
What is the speed for the direct connection to the ONT? If its above 800Mbps then its most likely an issue with the Router.


I dont even get to see above 400, less said 800.
direct connection to ONT
Last Result: Download Speed: 334746 kbps (41843.3 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed: 173952 kbps (21744 KB/sec transfer rate)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top