MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
MR say opennet nid come down do some installation for 2nd line i think cause im using starhub at that moment. but since they come down once. they never came back n im put on hold.MR never told me why and i continue waiting. 2 months the CSO say they will contact me and is solving it. then last month i contact them again and till now still nothing. so now i really wanna cancel the MR ! no point keep giving chances.

So MR come down once and realised that existing starhub on Port 1 not released timely. Therefore they told you that they need to ask opennet to activate 2nd port so that your MR connection can be used on that.

If my understanding is correct, then based on this understanding the fault is not with MR but with Opnenet or starhub not releasing the port for you on time.

Since you already agreed upon an installation date with MR then you will kena the penalty charges. Nonetheless I suggest you contact them to see if it can be waived or not since it is ultimately not your fault.
 

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
Wow, I can't access my account also... :S my email not even in database anymore. Good job 2 thumbs up.

let their IT vendor sort it out.. not much to lose anyway if cannot assess to the account. Only cannot view historical bills that's all. :D
 

Naoyuki

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2009
Messages
275
Reaction score
0
I want to check exact date when my contract expires... but doesn't seem that I can check it any time soon.
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
They are migrating the account to new system I believe. They did mention about this before.
 

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
They are migrating the account to new system I believe. They did mention about this before.

Yes, migrating in batches I think.

Hee I don't mind a long 4 year contract if I have special preference treatment. The last telco been with them from inception to retirement - a long long time
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
Those that cannot login, do a reset password. My account show the new account system already. sleek looking!
 

misato

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,148
Reaction score
0
Tested out the new customer portal... Personal information part is buggy.
My DOB is wrong and when when I change it, it requires me to enter a work number.. which i enter one and save. Reload that page and everything is back to the previous state.

My subscribed Add-on is not reflected properly as well. It shows disabled but when u do click on that icon, it does show the IP.

Did anyone even QC?
 
Last edited:

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
Tested out the new customer portal... Personal information part is buggy.
My DOB is wrong and when when I change it, it requires me to enter a work number.. which i enter one and save. Reload that page and everything is back to the previous state.

My subscribed Add-on is not reflected properly as well. It shows disabled but when u do click on that icon, it does show the IP.

Did anyone even QC?

Maybe MR need to engage my expertise to direct and manage their IT system projects. Lol

Is your fibre plan details correct? Got a long term contract end date like mine?
 

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
what bugs you facing? Mine some of the details is wrong. i think the roll out not completed yet. :(
A few months back I updated my cc info and now the new portal still reflects the previous card which is already obsolete. If I get charged $10 for nothing there is going to be hell for MR to pay.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
I cant login into my account, cannot reset password as well... What the hell?

In the reset password, it ask for username, but the statement states email...
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
For those who wanted to keep their ESR9850

If you want to keep the ESR9850 for the 300Mbps or 1Gbps connection. Do the following:

1. access your router configuration page (192.168.0.1).
2. Go to Advanced, NAT.
3. Ensure that "Network Turbine" is enabled.
4. Profit!.

Basically Engenius had its Network Turbine function turned ON by default when the router was first introduced couple of years back. However on newer firmwares they left it OFF because there are some users reporting that they had stability problems.

By right the ESR9850 provided by MR will have the network turbine option turned to OFF.

I have tested both of my ESR9850 (I have an older one with hardware version 1.0.0) and I have discovered the following:

Network Turbine OFF: 150Mbps download, 150Mbps upload
Network Turbine ON: 880-900Mbps download, 460-500Mbps Upload.

Basically, by enabling Network Turbine (I believe its a fancy name for Hardware NAT) you will be able to fully make use of the 1Gbps connection, if you think you don't really need strong wireless speeds because the ESR9850 is not a dual band router.
 

misato

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,148
Reaction score
0
Maybe MR need to engage my expertise to direct and manage their IT system projects. Lol

Is your fibre plan details correct? Got a long term contract end date like mine?

Seems like i have also been bitten by the 4 year contract..

Code:
Contract Ends: March 2018
 

coloumbiaGames

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2008
Messages
16,502
Reaction score
332
If you want to keep the ESR9850 for the 300Mbps or 1Gbps connection. Do the following:

1. access your router configuration page (192.168.0.1).
2. Go to Advanced, NAT.
3. Ensure that "Network Turbine" is enabled.
4. Profit!.

Basically Engenius had its Network Turbine function turned ON by default when the router was first introduced couple of years back. However on newer firmwares they left it OFF because there are some users reporting that they had stability problems.

By right the ESR9850 provided by MR will have the network turbine option turned to OFF.

I have tested both of my ESR9850 (I have an older one with hardware version 1.0.0) and I have discovered the following:

Network Turbine OFF: 150Mbps download, 150Mbps upload
Network Turbine ON: 880-900Mbps download, 460-500Mbps Upload.

Basically, by enabling Network Turbine (I believe its a fancy name for Hardware NAT) you will be able to fully make use of the 1Gbps connection, if you think you don't really need strong wireless speeds because the ESR9850 is not a dual band router.

Interesting, I didn't expect it to support up to 9xx/4xx speed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top