MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Did you log in your account and update it with your new mobile number before?

If his new mobile number is not updated in the system, then it will be very weird as in how the MR staff is able to contact him at his new mobile number to arrange for an appointment?
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
If his new mobile number is not updated in the system, then it will be very weird as in how the MR staff is able to contact him at his new mobile number to arrange for an appointment?

The question now is why MR is keeping 2 sets of numbers.

If his mobile number is updated in the system it does not explain why they have 2 sets of numbers and actually sms him on older number to say installation was delayed.

By right I would pull the number from the account information provided and updated by the subscriber ( centralized database accessed by everyone), instead of asking another colleague whats the number to send the delay sms.

So one of the reasons I can think of is that the number wasn't updated.

If he has already updated then the person doing the sms must be looking at some old printed contact list or some spreadsheet that is outdated.
 

Ray1976

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2012
Messages
2,907
Reaction score
444
If his new mobile number is not updated in the system, then it will be very weird as in how the MR staff is able to contact him at his new mobile number to arrange for an appointment?

PRECISELY!!! and YES! I did update the profile to update my latest mobile number...how else to explain that the young chap called to fix an appointment with me in the first place :)

Anyway...they told me that the billing account reflect one number while "another" account still show my "old number"...this is no excuse as the young chap (probably from another dept scheduling the upgrading to 1Gbps for existing customer) rang me up to fix an appointment using my "current - updated" number to fix the appointment...

Anyway the CSO admitted their mistake on this part...
 
Last edited:

Ray1976

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2012
Messages
2,907
Reaction score
444
The question now is why MR is keeping 2 sets of numbers.

If his mobile number is updated in the system it does not explain why they have 2 sets of numbers and actually sms him on older number to say installation was delayed.

By right I would pull the number from the account information provided and updated by the subscriber ( centralized database accessed by everyone), instead of asking another colleague whats the number to send the delay sms.

So one of the reasons I can think of is that the number wasn't updated.

If he has already updated then the person doing the sms must be looking at some old printed contact list or some spreadsheet that is outdated.

Yes, I have already updated it...FWIW existing customer can only change the profile for the "billing dept" so as to ensure that the billing address and info of the customer will always be the most current!

The issue here is that there is POOR COMMUNICATION and account details of customers not properly updated - Apparently there are TWO SEPARATE SYSTEMS used for billing vs sales/marketing dept or whatever other section. My encounter here exposed the "latent problem" of customer profile not "merged" to reflect currency.

So let this be a valuable reminder to existing MR customers that if you have recently changed your mobile number on your MR (My Account), it MAY NOT necessarily mean that your current mobile number will be reflected in the database of other dept in the company. So to avoid all these so-called "excuses"...you better call the CSO up and told him/her on the spot to change the number across all the systems once and for all.
 

Ray1976

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2012
Messages
2,907
Reaction score
444
I am counting down to contract ends next year Apr...MyRepublic used to be very good but now their end user support really a huge disappointment!
 

Groudon

Member
Joined
May 4, 2013
Messages
360
Reaction score
139
Welp. Gone are the days of Lawzer, Bolts, Johnny and nivleK where they don't even post in the thread anymore... If this an indication of things to come, it definitely paints the picture in a certain way...
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Welp. Gone are the days of Lawzer, Bolts, Johnny and nivleK where they don't even post in the thread anymore... If this an indication of things to come, it definitely paints the picture in a certain way...

Earlier today I just got a PM from nivleK asking me about the errors I have encountered after I log in my account on MR's website.

This means that:

1)At least nivleK is still around, and
2)nivleK does read the posts made in this thread.

But the rest I am not sure liao. However I don't really care if they post in the forum or not. All I can is if I PM them I get a response eventually thats good enough for me.
 

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
Today I just broke my speedtest result from a PC connected via AC68U wireless bridge:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 660476 kbps (82559.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 474697 kbps (59337.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 3 ms
Jitter: 0 ms
‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2014‎ ‎7‎:‎16‎:‎22‎ ‎PM
 

Solkarnar

Master Member
Joined
May 7, 2000
Messages
3,564
Reaction score
17
my username is not even in the system lor, tried to reset password and the username doesnt exist. oh well.
 

Ray1976

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2012
Messages
2,907
Reaction score
444
Nivlek1985 just responded to me with regards to my bad encounter as well. He said he would look into it. Hope something can be done to restore my faith.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Earlier today I just got a PM from nivleK asking me about the errors I have encountered after I log in my account on MR's website.

This means that:

1)At least nivleK is still around, and
2)nivleK does read the posts made in this thread.

But the rest I am not sure liao. However I don't really care if they post in the forum or not. All I can is if I PM them I get a response eventually thats good enough for me.

I also received a PM from nivleK1985 regarding the encountered error with MR MyAccount.

No red light, but the connection icon on the alcatel modem keep blinking....

Did you try with direct connection from ONT?
 

Ray1976

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2012
Messages
2,907
Reaction score
444
Welp. Gone are the days of Lawzer, Bolts, Johnny and nivleK where they don't even post in the thread anymore... If this an indication of things to come, it definitely paints the picture in a certain way...

They really really seem to be under staff...even the customer service hotline took me a painful 11 plus minute to get answered. The staff also seem pissed dealing with customers as well...it could be a problem that will manifest itself from within...something clearly has to be done to restore the standards and confidence of the customers.
 

ra[g]e

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
5,934
Reaction score
75
They really really seem to be under staff...even the customer service hotline took me a painful 11 plus minute to get answered. The staff also seem pissed dealing with customers as well...it could be a problem that will manifest itself from within...something clearly has to be done to restore the standards and confidence of the customers.
I called their CS hotline at 4pm last Monday and had to wait for 20+ minutes zzz...
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
They really really seem to be under staff...even the customer service hotline took me a painful 11 plus minute to get answered. The staff also seem pissed dealing with customers as well...it could be a problem that will manifest itself from within...something clearly has to be done to restore the standards and confidence of the customers.

I think 11 minutes is pretty decent for such calls. I've had much longer, upwards of 45 minutes of waiting time with Starhub before.

Waiting for a bus must be an excruciating experience for you :s22:
 

keanteac

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2012
Messages
18,879
Reaction score
8
MyRepublic cut my account ?
How come I cannot log in to my account ?
Is that means I can subscribe to Viewqwest and ignore the payment to MyRepublic ???
 

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
MyRepublic cut my account ?
How come I cannot log in to my account ?
Is that means I can subscribe to Viewqwest and ignore the payment to MyRepublic ???

account transfer in process between old to new system.

i just got some of my account details sorted out, but still clarifying add-on details.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
account transfer in process between old to new system.

i just got some of my account details sorted out, but still clarifying add-on details.

nivlek solved my problem within a day. I was disappointed because the problem was that it stated my account was without contract. :s13:
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
nivlek solved my problem within a day. I was disappointed because the problem was that it stated my account was without contract. :s13:

Mine already amended to subscribed plan instead of no contract but the amount reflected for one of the months is still wrong.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top