MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKinny86

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
3,466
Reaction score
304
Any kind soul can tell me if I'm out of contract on pure 100mpbs at $59 and I want to terminate it what charges do I have to pay? Went to ask at my Republic shop n they told me need to pay Ard $50 but see online like out of contract no need to pay leh. Can help? Thanks a lot.

No charges if you complete 24 months contract. It's stated on the website.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
As for your statement in bold, all I can say is there is no smoke without fire.

So you mean that you believe there are statistics in place pointing towards getting the same problem as others?

It is impossible to generate any statistic for it because even if you can count and track the number unique subscribers complaining online (facebook, twitter or forums), there is no way to count the amount of complains using phone calls or email.

Only MR themselves know and can generate the stats for specific problems.

Only for Twitch TV we all know its a major problem here because many people reported problems for it.

So the rest of the problems - Luck, not statistically proven.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Any kind soul can tell me if I'm out of contract on pure 100mpbs at $59 and I want to terminate it what charges do I have to pay? Went to ask at my Republic shop n they told me need to pay Ard $50 but see online like out of contract no need to pay leh. Can help? Thanks a lot.

No charges if you complete 24 months contract. It's stated on the website.

They might charge for ONT collection unless you return yourself. Suggest you ask them if can use singpost or what to send it back. Definitely cheaper if you can't make time to go down to their office.

Remember they want: ONT, power adaptor, and that grey cat5e cable.
 

ra[g]e

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
5,934
Reaction score
75
So you mean that you believe there are statistics in place pointing towards getting the same problem as others?

It is impossible to generate any statistic for it because even if you can count and track the number unique subscribers complaining online (facebook, twitter or forums), there is no way to count the amount of complains using phone calls or email.

Only MR themselves know and can generate the stats for specific problems.

Only for Twitch TV we all know its a major problem here because many people reported problems for it.

So the rest of the problems - Luck, not statistically proven.

Accurate statistics are impossible to obtain for ISP complaints in any event.

What we know is this, MR has a humongous amount of complaints over all sorts of issues. The amount of complaints on this forum exceeds all the ISPs combined.

Therefore a reasonably prudent person should take into account this very pertinent fact. You cannot say just because other people experienced problems means that you will not, I am sorry but I do not think life works like that.

Not just Twitch btw, issues where many people have reported problems - delays in installation for 1Gbps plan, multiple instances of failed communications with customers, etc etc. Other ISPs don't have these complaints because they know how to communicate with customers.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Accurate statistics are impossible to obtain for ISP complaints in any event.

What we know is this, MR has a humongous amount of complaints over all sorts of issues. The amount of complaints on this forum exceeds all the ISPs combined.

Therefore a reasonably prudent person should take into account this very pertinent fact. You cannot say just because other people experienced problems means that you will not, I am sorry but I do not think life works like that.

Not just Twitch btw, issues where many people have reported problems - delays in installation for 1Gbps plan, multiple instances of failed communications with customers, etc etc. Other ISPs don't have these complaints because they know how to communicate with customers.

I agree with you they do have the biggest complains at least in this forum.

True a rational person would incorporate these facts into their decision making process. But at the end of the day this decision is made not on hard statistical facts but on the worldview of individuals making the decision. Like you said you think life does not work like that. For me I won't say life but I think in my case of a decision to take up MR or any other products and service it works this way.

I respect your opinion of course.

They do have many problems but on this forum, For twitch TV I am labeling it as the most prevalent common problem. Which is something very clear cut and will likely encounter for any subscribers.

For installation delays, comparing to initial roll out the complains have receded from everyday I seen 4-5 till now once in a while I seen 1 or 2. Won't say you wont kena, but chances are largely improved.

I won't say that MR don't know how to communicate, but I think that for customers facing very strange/bigger problems unable to resolved easily by them, they would fall short/go cold in their communications. For small issues I've personally encountered, communication was fast. Like for example their billing dept, they are able answer and resolve my issues quickly but for some with double billing its another story. Twitch is another one thats a cold case so far because I never seen them talking about resolving it.
 

History

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,555
Reaction score
2
If today recontract from MR 100mbps (expiry on 28 sep 14) to 1gbps,
1. how long will it takes to start the 1gbps? weeks or months?
2. Any down time in internet? i.e. do we return the 100mbps ont after 1 gbps is working?
3. Need to be at home how many days to wait for the technician?
4. $100 voucher for phone must recon in comex or online also can?
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
I too stupid and click the online form submit the upgrade to 1Gbps.
They haven't come to my house upgrade the 1Gbps.
Is that means automatically contract for another 2 years ?

No such thing as automatically contract. The online submission form is only to opt in and indicate interest.

I have seen some subscribers not contacted by MR for the installation after their contract is up (myself included)

So if want to stick around, contact them yourself. If not as long as you never agree on an installation date you can call them to inform them and subsequently terminate.

To add on to what bro Lehnsherr mentioned, the new contract will only start on the installation day for new ONT by MR Field Engineer .
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
Your account as in bank account or MR account?

Mr account. Bank account shows that $59 was deducted on 14 aug, but MR shows that it is still unpaid.

If i really get fined over this, it wil be the first time MR had done something bad for me... So far, it was very good experience for me, hardly any hiccups. Plz dun spoil the good impression that i have...
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Mr account. Bank account shows that $59 was deducted on 14 aug, but MR shows that it is still unpaid.

If i really get fined over this, it wil be the first time MR had done something bad for me... So far, it was very good experience for me, hardly any hiccups. Plz dun spoil the good impression that i have...

I noticed that MR account is quite slow in the status update for billing.
 

History

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,555
Reaction score
2
MR termination need to give advanced notice? Or can just tell terminate tmr? Will they refund the remaining subscription and in what forms? TIA
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top