MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
22,625
Reaction score
900
Looks like their NZ division is starting to show problems with their rocket liftoff too :s13:

10oo8jl.jpg

2mzz22q.png
 

chansce

Junior Member
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
so glad that I no longer have any contract with them. I will terminate with MR as soon as I am back to SG.

My opinion, MR was good 2 years back, but all they care is to on-board new customers. They neglected in customer service and their infra may no longer support that many customers. Other telcos played catch up over last 2 years, and already surpassed MR in many aspects....

for new subscribers looking for a fibre plan, PLEASE do not be fooled by marketing gimmicks. it's a 2 years worth of pain if you signed up with the wrong telco (whichever it is). Can't blame IDA or CASE, they can investigate, but they can't be responsible for consumer making a bad call. Yes, I have myself to blame!

So do your research, speed is crucial, but customer service is as important.
 
Last edited:

Tectrica

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2004
Messages
594
Reaction score
5
best routing base on the uplink route that they bought so technically they r not wrong.

But the problem is, the routing is the same as a non GAMER plan. Latency is the same when i compared to friends who are on a normal plan. Okay, maybe routing i don't know, but what good does it do if it has no real world benefit against a normal plan?
 

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
4,916
Reaction score
19
so glad that I no longer have any contract with them. I will terminate with MR as soon as I am back to SG.

My opinion, MR was good 2 years back, but all they care is to on-board new customers. They neglected in customer service and their infra may no longer support that many customers. Other telcos played catch up over last 2 years, and already surpassed MR in many aspects....

for new subscribers looking for a fibre plan, PLEASE do not be fooled by marketing gimmicks. it's a 2 years worth of pain if you signed up with the wrong telco (whichever it is). Can't blame IDA or CASE, they can investigate, but they can't be responsible for consumer making a bad call. Yes, I have myself to blame!

So do your research, speed is crucial, but customer service is as important.

I am relatively happy with their network performance (but Teleport working intermittently off and on, and having problems with Netflix on Chrome browser is an annoying issue).

But I agree with you that their CS is shockingly bad. Just look at the pages upon pages of complaints here and not a single reply from their representatives. Very bad form in my opinion, so I just signed up for VQ.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
I am relatively happy with their network performance (but Teleport working intermittently off and on, and having problems with Netflix on Chrome browser is an annoying issue).

But I agree with you that their CS is shockingly bad. Just look at the pages upon pages of complaints here and not a single reply from their representatives. Very bad form in my opinion, so I just signed up for VQ.

I agreed that MR CS for Hotline is very bad but not representatives in this thread.

I may be wrong but I do not deem this thread is the official channel for any reported issues. It is more like an alternative channel rather than official one.
 

SaifulAsh

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2014
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Is it possible that i early termination my fiber plan with mr and straight away sign up for vq?
 

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
22,625
Reaction score
900
Is it possible that i early termination my fiber plan with mr and straight away sign up for vq?

If MR CS actually respond to your request on time, yes you can provided u pay the early termination fees as per contract terms
 

SaifulAsh

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2014
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
In that case, there will sure be downtime.

MR has to send someone to take back dier router n ont only after that vq has to send someone for ont n start the service? Possible to apply vq first, installed and start service then i terminate mr?
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
MR has to send someone to take back dier router n ont only after that vq has to send someone for ont n start the service? Possible to apply vq first, installed and start service then i terminate mr?

You can either bring the ONT, Ethernet cable and fibre cord (not confirm on this) to MR office after termination or request MR to collect the items (I think is chargeable).

You get to keep the router.

Quoted from Qubicfactor for the available options.

Actually to sum it up, there are 2 methods:

1)Fibre takeover - This method will involve terminating your existing ISP and subscribing to VQ. Is called takeover since Netlinktrust will make arrangements with both your previous ISP and VQ to take over the TP port. Cons is that you will definitely get service disruption while the takeover is in process, which may likely be anything from a few hours in the best case well coordinated scenario, or a few weeks.

2)Activate 2nd TP port - You just sign up for VQ first, and terminate your existing ISP only after VQ is up. No disruption to your internet service. Cons is that you may be paying for 2 ISPs for a month, and there is this issue of OpenNet/Netlinktrust not doing a proper TP point setup for some households in the past, with the unfortunate assumption that one household will only use one TP port. Netlinktrust will have to do extra work to activate the second port, which may result in delays in getting VQ running.

In my opinion, the second case is still better, since you have the assurance that your internet isn't cut off for an unknown length of time, which is worth the extra one month duplicate payment.
 
Last edited:

andr3wyong

Master Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
4,915
Reaction score
0
MR has to send someone to take back dier router n ont only after that vq has to send someone for ont n start the service? Possible to apply vq first, installed and start service then i terminate mr?

As there are 2 ports on the NetLink Trust FTP, it's possible to have both RSPs active at once.

And as VQ practices pro rated billing only once your service is up and running, double payment on the VQ side will be very minimal.
 

The_King

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2003
Messages
28,255
Reaction score
11,487
Those who have cancelled their plan with myrepublic can share the experience? My contract ended a couple of months ago and I just signed up with another provider, I called in to their hotline and they said their termination crew will contact me.

I find it quite weird cannot just terminate immediately, still have to have their customer service send request to service termination people to process. What do I have to do with the ONT and the residential line box? Do I have to bring down to their office? Shouldn't have any termination charges right? Since I completed the contract, anyway just need to get this settled and I'll be free from this horrid provider, seriously a relief off my shoulders.



i sign up during the last COMEX 2014 in AUG 2014 i think) because i was greedy for the buy back contract.


after installation date is confirm, i cancel the order a few days later, but was told to pay $297 for the order cancel.


last week they e mail that they will bill me $297 in 11dec.

Hello MR, you take 3 month or more just to take my money just when i cancel my order.


do think about it when you sign up for MR
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top