MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PentiumPC

Master Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2000
Messages
2,517
Reaction score
0
Is it possible to have buy back and home passed option at the same time?

*called customer support and got the answer.. no, only 1 promo at the time.
 
Last edited:

stan216

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2012
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
34
So, many weeks have passed since I posted the following complaint.

have been having an almost non-existent internet connection for 1 week already.
the network connection sucks mostly at night, 10pm onwards. i'm making this post on my data plan (again). today's (5th october) connection seemed to stop early evening... day time no problems at all.

every website i try to surf doesn't load well at all - facebook, youtube, this forums, google searches. pretty much everything.

my dad did receive an email saying there would be scheduled maintenance on 2nd oct iirc, but my internet connection has been terrible before and after that date.

im on the 1Gb plan.

The lack of network connectivity isn't limited to the 10pm time period anymore. It pretty much occurs at any point of time in the day/night. Speed tests, trace routes, pings would indicate no problems, but accessing websites itself... :mad: The last time the tech support came over to my house, he admitted that there were a few other MR customers complaining about the lack of connectivity at 10pm.

I've tried to connect straight to the ONT (wired), and update the router firmware (Asus RT-AC68U). So far the (temporary) solution is to disconnect the router from the ONT (or just disconnect from ONT, if connected straight to it) and then connect back to it.

Does anyone have the same problem as me? Has anyone tried changing the ONT?
 

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
8,130
Reaction score
400
What issue?

Saw few bro here can gt it installed within weeks. I have a mth to wait as I still have Singtel contract.


if u are unlucky... intermittent drop out

customer service is almost zero at the moment.... not replying my emails now....

either they are TOO BUSY with their issues OR no CSO


just take a look at their facebook post.... everyday got people complain

Angry MyRepublic ISP Users
http://tinyurl.com/oq5qlso
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
it's black in color, quite small, and it's a Alcatel Lucent..

The Alcatel-Lucent black color ONT is for customers without Home Voice whereas the Alcatel-Lucent white color ONT is for customers with Home Voice.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
you alone having issue doesn't mean everyone will have issue.
10, 20, 100, 500 people on the facebook complain group having issue doesn't mean everyone who sign up will have issue.

What issue?

Saw few bro here can gt it installed within weeks. I have a mth to wait as I still have Singtel contract.

Just have 1 advice... Be prepared... Dun say we nvr give warning. Plenty of complaints here and nothing much has changed except expanding to NZ.
 

mach0men

Banned
Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Messages
3,512
Reaction score
0
The Alcatel-Lucent black color ONT is for customers without Home Voice whereas the Alcatel-Lucent white color ONT is for customers with Home Voice.

if have 2 active line how ah?

cos i have ST and signing up MR also.

use 2 ONT? :s11::s11:
 

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
8,130
Reaction score
400
So, many weeks have passed since I posted the following complaint.



The lack of network connectivity isn't limited to the 10pm time period anymore. It pretty much occurs at any point of time in the day/night. Speed tests, trace routes, pings would indicate no problems, but accessing websites itself... :mad: The last time the tech support came over to my house, he admitted that there were a few other MR customers complaining about the lack of connectivity at 10pm.

I've tried to connect straight to the ONT (wired), and update the router firmware (Asus RT-AC68U). So far the (temporary) solution is to disconnect the router from the ONT (or just disconnect from ONT, if connected straight to it) and then connect back to it.

Does anyone have the same problem as me? Has anyone tried changing the ONT?

I dont know, i change how many ont liao

They even vpn to monitor my network, they seem to fix it at their backend

But problem come back again

Now almost 2 month, they dont bother to even reply my email


It seems that if u off your ont for maybe 5 mins and switch on again, let it stabilisr for 5min before switching on router

Connection will resume normally , my method to recover
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Now I blur liao, cannot decide between M1 and MR. Which ISP I should take?

What is your Internet usage?

If you want stability, go for the "dark" side.
If you want the cheapest fibre plan (does not take into consideration any bundle discount), go for M1.

if have 2 active line how ah?

cos i have ST and signing up MR also.

use 2 ONT? :s11::s11:

Yes because MR ONT only has 1 fibre and 1 Ethernet port.
 

JeNoVa-IcHiGo

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
0
I dont know, i change how many ont liao

They even vpn to monitor my network, they seem to fix it at their backend

But problem come back again

Now almost 2 month, they dont bother to even reply my email


It seems that if u off your ont for maybe 5 mins and switch on again, let it stabilisr for 5min before switching on router

Connection will resume normally , my method to recover

If you ask me, my guess is that it's caused by... them biting off more than they can chew...

Ultimately for the equipment at the ISP end, they have 1 main connnection split into 24 ratio typically, with the main connection capable of 2.488 down and 1.244 up shared within this 24 "customers". With most of their consumers on 1gbps, the moment 2 users at the same rack as you utilizes their full bandwidth(1gbps), the rest would be left with the remainder .488, and I believe your speedtest result is their "commited" value which is no matter how bad the others abuse the network, a guaranteed value.
 

PentiumPC

Master Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2000
Messages
2,517
Reaction score
0
hmmm.. I used to be on M1 at my previous home, not 1gbps, was very stable and had no problem.
Currently on Starhub cable at my new place, home passed, was considering Starhub, Myrepublic or M1, don't mind pay more for Viewquest.

Myrepublic CSO seem very helpful to me, very quick to respond, even on this forum.

Think will do more research for now, I am considering taking the risk with myrepublic.
 

JinJinJinny

Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
248
Reaction score
0
zzz. contracted ended on dec. applied for a new contract but now they e-mailed me to reschedule the appointment. what the **** is this....
"Common reasons for scheduled appointments being rejected include the lack of a second fibre line or a lack of fibre resources in your area."
Nice try MR lol.

Anyone interested in MR but is unsure of whether they are decent or not and have questions pertaining to it, PM me. I won't degrade them here but trust me I've encountered quite a few shitty situations before.

On the verge of canceling the recontract if they don't contact me ASAP regarding the rescheduling of the ****ing installation appointment.

"While we are currently unable to now say how long the resolution of this issue will take, our experience has shown that 80% of delays are resolved within 30-days.
We will call you directly with an update once we received confirmation from our upstream provider that the issue has been successfully resolved."


Gonna see how long this will take.
Not to mention I'm paid the previous plan's monthly fee (which is more than the new plan) for a month before I called in to kpkb. Such efficiency right? :D
 
Last edited:

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
hmmm.. I used to be on M1 at my previous home, not 1gbps, was very stable and had no problem.
Currently on Starhub cable at my new place, home passed, was considering Starhub, Myrepublic or M1, don't mind pay more for Viewquest.

Myrepublic CSO seem very helpful to me, very quick to respond, even on this forum.

Think will do more research for now, I am considering taking the risk with myrepublic.

don't come to myrepublic.
 

a_nd_rew

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2010
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
High chance its the distance that is affecting the speeds. Try with wired, see if can get 800+mbps. Also, as ur router is AC, is ur receiver aka wireless adaptor also AC? Or just normal N-wireless adaptor?

Mine is 802.11n, using a mid 2010 MacBook.

I'll try bringing the router closer to the middle of the apartment. Currently at the moment speeds in the evening seem to be the worst. Webpages are loading real slow.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Mine is 802.11n, using a mid 2010 MacBook.

I'll try bringing the router closer to the middle of the apartment. Currently at the moment speeds in the evening seem to be the worst. Webpages are loading real slow.

Your internet connection will still fall back to 802.11n even if your router is AC.
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
Hope someone can provide some guidance here…I am caught in a bizarre situation and it is not MR's fault per se….their CSO's Delton and Yim Lee have provided outstanding service but they are limited in their helpfulness as my problem seems way beyond their reach. I even PM'd Nivlek on this but think it's better to throw it open to a wider audience.

Here's the story:

I applied successfully for a 2 year contract with MR, it was to be activated on 15 Jan….the premises are fibre ready and already have a OpenNet termination point on the wall. OpenNet just needed to come by on 13 Jan and "boost the signal"…that is what I was told.

However on the appointed day, OpenNet could not do their work. They needed to access the MDF (main distribution frame) room and it is situated in another condo across the road from me. The management of the condo disallowed access to OpenNet's contractor saying that they would not permit access unless it was for the benefit of their own residents, no one else…a most bewildering, selfish, un-neighbourly and needlessly aggressive statement to me.

Can another condo management prevent OpenNet from doing their government mandated work…which is to lay the infrastructure for fibre throughout Singapore? The job requires no hacking and does not harm the interests of the other condo's residents whatsoever.

Meanwhile, I am really caught between MR and OpenNet and no one seems to know what to do. I have been without internet access since 15.1.2015 and MR cannot start making any money off me until OpenNet is allowed to do their work. They just keep saying "i know where you're coming from" and "we will escalate the matter"…both meaningless service manual soundbites.

Any advice?

Thanks

PS. Think I should state that I am a MyRep customer before and a pretty satisfied one... never had any technical or billing problems.
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
Hope someone can provide some guidance here…I am caught in a bizarre situation and it is not MR's fault per se….their CSO's Delton and Yim Lee have provided outstanding service but they are limited in their helpfulness as my problem seems way beyond their reach. I even PM'd Nivlek on this but think it's better to throw it open to a wider audience.

Here's the story:

I applied successfully for a 2 year contract with MR, it was to be activated on 15 Jan….the premises are fibre ready and already have a OpenNet termination point on the wall. OpenNet just needed to come by on 13 Jan and "boost the signal"…that is what I was told.

However on the appointed day, OpenNet could not do their work. They needed to access the MDF (main distribution frame) room and it is situated in another condo across the road from me. The management of the condo disallowed access to OpenNet's contractor saying that they would not permit access unless it was for the benefit of their own residents, no one else…a most bewildering, selfish, un-neighbourly and needlessly aggressive statement to me.

Can another condo management prevent OpenNet from doing their government mandated work…which is to lay the infrastructure for fibre throughout Singapore? The job requires no hacking and does not harm the interests of the other condo's residents whatsoever.

Meanwhile, I am really caught between MR and OpenNet and no one seems to know what to do. I have been without internet access since 15.1.2015 and MR cannot start making any money off me until OpenNet is allowed to do their work. They just keep saying "i know where you're coming from" and "we will escalate the matter"…both meaningless service manual soundbites.

Any advice?

Thanks

PS. Think I should state that I am a MyRep customer before and a pretty satisfied one... never had any technical or billing problems.

Hey bro, try writing to IDA and URA cc netlink (opennet) in the loop.
This is some part i believe URA and Opennet can work something out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top