MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiccawizzards

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
898
Reaction score
2
Hope someone can provide some guidance here…I am caught in a bizarre situation and it is not MR's fault per se….their CSO's Delton and Yim Lee have provided outstanding service but they are limited in their helpfulness as my problem seems way beyond their reach. I even PM'd Nivlek on this but think it's better to throw it open to a wider audience.

Here's the story:

I applied successfully for a 2 year contract with MR, it was to be activated on 15 Jan….the premises are fibre ready and already have a OpenNet termination point on the wall. OpenNet just needed to come by on 13 Jan and "boost the signal"…that is what I was told.

However on the appointed day, OpenNet could not do their work. They needed to access the MDF (main distribution frame) room and it is situated in another condo across the road from me. The management of the condo disallowed access to OpenNet's contractor saying that they would not permit access unless it was for the benefit of their own residents, no one else…a most bewildering, selfish, un-neighbourly and needlessly aggressive statement to me.

Can another condo management prevent OpenNet from doing their government mandated work…which is to lay the infrastructure for fibre throughout Singapore? The job requires no hacking and does not harm the interests of the other condo's residents whatsoever.

Meanwhile, I am really caught between MR and OpenNet and no one seems to know what to do. I have been without internet access since 15.1.2015 and MR cannot start making any money off me until OpenNet is allowed to do their work. They just keep saying "i know where you're coming from" and "we will escalate the matter"…both meaningless service manual soundbites.

Any advice?

Thanks

PS. Think I should state that I am a MyRep customer before and a pretty satisfied one... never had any technical or billing problems.


Have you tried calling the other condo's mgmt - yourself?
 

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
7,709
Reaction score
699
Hope someone can provide some guidance here…I am caught in a bizarre situation and it is not MR's fault per se….their CSO's Delton and Yim Lee have provided outstanding service but they are limited in their helpfulness as my problem seems way beyond their reach. I even PM'd Nivlek on this but think it's better to throw it open to a wider audience.

Here's the story:

I applied successfully for a 2 year contract with MR, it was to be activated on 15 Jan….the premises are fibre ready and already have a OpenNet termination point on the wall. OpenNet just needed to come by on 13 Jan and "boost the signal"…that is what I was told.

However on the appointed day, OpenNet could not do their work. They needed to access the MDF (main distribution frame) room and it is situated in another condo across the road from me. The management of the condo disallowed access to OpenNet's contractor saying that they would not permit access unless it was for the benefit of their own residents, no one else…a most bewildering, selfish, un-neighbourly and needlessly aggressive statement to me.

Can another condo management prevent OpenNet from doing their government mandated work…which is to lay the infrastructure for fibre throughout Singapore? The job requires no hacking and does not harm the interests of the other condo's residents whatsoever.

Meanwhile, I am really caught between MR and OpenNet and no one seems to know what to do. I have been without internet access since 15.1.2015 and MR cannot start making any money off me until OpenNet is allowed to do their work. They just keep saying "i know where you're coming from" and "we will escalate the matter"…both meaningless service manual soundbites.

Any advice?

Thanks

PS. Think I should state that I am a MyRep customer before and a pretty satisfied one... never had any technical or billing problems.

Actually can't opennet just tell the management they have to do maintenance work end of story? I dun get why they have to be so detailed as to what they are doing on the backend and cause the unnecessary hoohah
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
Have you tried calling the other condo's mgmt - yourself?

Yes I did….got my head chewed off by a rude aggressive and hostile woman who said I did not need to know anything, they would not allow OpenNet in and threatened calling the police if I trespassed…just weird. Of course she only di it on the phone…probably would not if she was face to face.

Actually can't opennet just tell the management they have to do maintenance work end of story? I dun get why they have to be so detailed as to what they are doing on the backend and cause the unnecessary hoohah

That is EXACTLY what I told OpenNet...
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
Hey bro, try writing to IDA and URA cc netlink (opennet) in the loop.
This is some part i believe URA and Opennet can work something out.

Do you have any email addresses to write to?

I think someone from OpenNet needs to inform the condo that while the MDF room is on their property it is part of the infrastructure shared by buildings in the area…they cannot obstruct OpenNet and MyRepublic from servicing customers in other premises. Im just baffled by the other condo management's response…they stand to gain nothing from this…just being difficult because they can.
 

Streetwise

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
0
Can another condo management prevent OpenNet from doing their government mandated work…which is to lay the infrastructure for fibre throughout Singapore? The job requires no hacking and does not harm the interests of the other condo's residents whatsoever.



Any advice?

Thanks

PS. Think I should state that I am a MyRep customer before and a pretty satisfied one... never had any technical or billing problems.

Yes, condo is a private property and technically they can refuse entry. Having said that, OpenNet is responsible for ensuring work is carried out in relation to the contract with the telco/ISP. U can bring this up to IDA for review if OpenNet do not resolve this soon. If they situated the MDR in another condo, they should've build into the contract to allow access.
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
Yes, condo is a private property and technically they can refuse entry. Having said that, OpenNet is responsible for ensuring work is carried out in relation to the contract with the telco/ISP. U can bring this up to IDA for review if OpenNet do not resolve this soon. If they situated the MDR in another condo, they should've build into the contract to allow access.


Good points….it seems like a major blunder if they did not have a clause in their contract that stipulates access for other buildings. I think I will have to bring IDA into this as well…any idea what department of IDA I should be talking to?

Thanks for all the help this far guys…it is way more help than what I got before bringing this up here.
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
Had a chat to IDA this morning and they are now involved. They seemed very professional and willing to help. Lets see how far they get with the hostile condo manager.
 

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
10,996
Reaction score
252
hmmm.. I used to be on M1 at my previous home, not 1gbps, was very stable and had no problem.
Currently on Starhub cable at my new place, home passed, was considering Starhub, Myrepublic or M1, don't mind pay more for Viewquest.

Myrepublic CSO seem very helpful to me, very quick to respond, even on this forum.

Think will do more research for now, I am considering taking the risk with myrepublic.

you must be very lucky :p i have bad exp with MR CSO

2 hour of call on hold is damn bad but other than tat i have no issue with MR :s12:
 

gasband

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
652
Reaction score
0
Hope someone can provide some guidance here…I am caught in a bizarre situation and it is not MR's fault per se….their CSO's Delton and Yim Lee have provided outstanding service but they are limited in their helpfulness as my problem seems way beyond their reach. I even PM'd Nivlek on this but think it's better to throw it open to a wider audience.

Here's the story:

I applied successfully for a 2 year contract with MR, it was to be activated on 15 Jan….the premises are fibre ready and already have a OpenNet termination point on the wall. OpenNet just needed to come by on 13 Jan and "boost the signal"…that is what I was told.

However on the appointed day, OpenNet could not do their work. They needed to access the MDF (main distribution frame) room and it is situated in another condo across the road from me. The management of the condo disallowed access to OpenNet's contractor saying that they would not permit access unless it was for the benefit of their own residents, no one else…a most bewildering, selfish, un-neighbourly and needlessly aggressive statement to me.

Can another condo management prevent OpenNet from doing their government mandated work…which is to lay the infrastructure for fibre throughout Singapore? The job requires no hacking and does not harm the interests of the other condo's residents whatsoever.

Meanwhile, I am really caught between MR and OpenNet and no one seems to know what to do. I have been without internet access since 15.1.2015 and MR cannot start making any money off me until OpenNet is allowed to do their work. They just keep saying "i know where you're coming from" and "we will escalate the matter"…both meaningless service manual soundbites.

Any advice?

Thanks

PS. Think I should state that I am a MyRep customer before and a pretty satisfied one... never had any technical or billing problems.

Don't trust MR. Their customer service is the worst I have ever seen. I have finally terminated service from them and as far as I am concerned, I will never ever in my lifetime sign up for them even if they offer me for free. You can see my experience here http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/86849313-post6599.html

The serious lack of integrity as a service provider. They claim they want to be better than the big 3. They were. But in 2 years, they became worse than I ever experienced from the Big 3. I hope VQ does not become like MR.

Jump ship while you still can. They are a lying bunch who are clueless.
 

wiccawizzards

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
898
Reaction score
2
Don't trust MR. Their customer service is the worst I have ever seen. I have finally terminated service from them and as far as I am concerned, I will never ever in my lifetime sign up for them even if they offer me for free. You can see my experience here http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/86849313-post6599.html

The serious lack of integrity as a service provider. They claim they want to be better than the big 3. They were. But in 2 years, they became worse than I ever experienced from the Big 3. I hope VQ does not become like MR.

Jump ship while you still can. They are a lying bunch who are clueless.

That's a whooping. Who hurt you? :eek:
 

wiccawizzards

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
898
Reaction score
2
Had a chat to IDA this morning and they are now involved. They seemed very professional and willing to help. Lets see how far they get with the hostile condo manager.


Sorry about the condo manager. Did not mean to place your ear in harm's way.

I think NetLink Trust (New name of OpenNet) needs to change their company name again. The Net was not Opened properly, and that caused all hell to break loose.
Now we cannot Trust their Net Linking abilities, especially after your experience.

I mean seriously situating an MDF in another condo and not being able to gain entry to it is just sad. And stupid. And sad.
 

aqf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2001
Messages
18,195
Reaction score
93
When we terminate Myrepublic need to return ONT? How soon for the termination?
 

Alphaen

Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2014
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
IIRC, within 7 days need self return the ONT. As for how long it takes to terminate, im also finding out.

Need self return? The MR guy said someone from OpenNet will come collect later but it has been more than a month and no one has come and collect.
 

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,844
Reaction score
2,399
My contract ending soon. Been paying $59.9 per month. Will it maintain at that amount or will there be an increase if I just remain contractless?
 

Alphaen

Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2014
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
Started to have problem on my router (Asus rt-N56U gotten from MR when first signed up in Dec'2012). My devices able to connect to the router (showing full strength signal) but just couldn't connect to the internet. I tried both 2.4GHz and 5GHz but just couldn't access the internet. I have to rule out MR because via direction wire connection to their ONT, I can surf the net on my laptop. I have also hard reset the router several times already. Can I conclude router spolit?
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Started to have problem on my router (Asus rt-N56U gotten from MR when first signed up in Dec'2012). My devices able to connect to the router (showing full strength signal) but just couldn't connect to the internet. I tried both 2.4GHz and 5GHz but just couldn't access the internet. I have to rule out MR because via direction wire connection to their ONT, I can surf the net on my laptop. I have also hard reset the router several times already. Can I conclude router spolit?

Do you mean the issue is only on WiFi?
 

Alphaen

Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2014
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
Did you try to perform a factory reset?

you mean hard reset. button on the router right? yes i did that few times. There is once right after reset I managed to surf net for 5 mins then no internet again. i think need to bring down to service center. Anyone knows where is it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top