MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,856
Reaction score
2,406
Any termination fee for MR? Planning to sign up with Singtel 1Gbps Unlimited Fiber for $50 instead.
 

DXMachina

Banned
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
6,259
Reaction score
0
Ok guys, am going a little crazy over this problem I'm having. Hope perhaps some gurus here/the MR reps may be so kind as to shed some light on my issues. :)

I'm on MR 1Gbps and the ASUS N66U router. Everything works fine until I start torrenting, then somehow my connection starts to get wonky and very spotty (webpages display "This webpage is not available" for a second before refreshing, albeit slowly). Even when I stop torrenting, this persists for quite a while before everything is back to normal.

Now, here you may think torrenting is the issue, but my connection absolutely flies when I connect my PC straight to the ONT, bypassing the router. Torrent speed is high and webpages load absolutely fast and fine.

At first I thought my router was faulty, but I just went down to Avertek last week to get it changed to a brand new unit, but I still experience the same problems. This has been bugging me for quite a while now that I'm even willing to pay some experts to come over to my place to have a look :(

Anyone would be kind enough to offer some help? Would be greatly appreciated!
 
Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
191
Any termination fee for MR? Planning to sign up with Singtel 1Gbps Unlimited Fiber for $50 instead.

I assume your contract has completed.
There is a termination fee of $48.15 for ONT collection unless customers choose to return the ONT to MR.

A Clear & Complete List of MyRepublic Service One-Time Charges

Ok guys, am going a little crazy over this problem I'm having. Hope perhaps some gurus here/the MR reps may be so kind as to shed some light on my issues. :)

I'm on MR 1Gbps and the ASUS N66U router. Everything works fine until I start torrenting, then somehow my connection starts to get wonky and very spotty (webpages display "This webpage cannot be loaded" for a second before refreshing, albeit slowly). Even when I stop torrenting, this persists for quite a while before everything is back to normal.

Now, here you may think torrenting is the issue, but my connection absolutely flies when I connect my PC straight to the ONT, bypassing the router. Torrent speed is high and webpages load absolutely fast and fine.

At first I thought my router was faulty, but I just went down to Avertek last week to get it changed to a brand new unit, but I still experience the same problems. This has been bugging me for quite a while now that I'm even willing to pay some experts to come over to my place to have a look :(

Anyone would be kind enough to offer some help? Would be greatly appreciated!

Do you only encounter the issue during torrent or randomly?
 

DXMachina

Banned
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
6,259
Reaction score
0
I assume your contract has completed.
There is a termination fee of $48.15 for ONT collection unless customers choose to return the ONT to MR.

A Clear & Complete List of MyRepublic Service One-Time Charges



Do you only encounter the issue during torrent or randomly?

Actually I did encounter the issue sometimes even when I'm not torrenting, but I notice that whenever I torrent, it's when this issue is at its most aggravated. Not sure if this helps the troubleshooting, but I also notice that my torrents sometimes resets back to 0.1kb/s and sometimes they are back to 1mb/sec etc.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
191
Actually I did encounter the issue sometimes even when I'm not torrenting, but I notice that whenever I torrent, it's when this issue is at its most aggravated. Not sure if this helps the troubleshooting, but I also notice that my torrents sometimes resets back to 0.1kb/s and sometimes they are back to 1mb/sec etc.

I not sure if the torrents that went down to 0.1kB/s are due to the seeding.
 

necxross

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Ok guys, am going a little crazy over this problem I'm having. Hope perhaps some gurus here/the MR reps may be so kind as to shed some light on my issues. :)

I'm on MR 1Gbps and the ASUS N66U router. Everything works fine until I start torrenting, then somehow my connection starts to get wonky and very spotty (webpages display "This webpage is not available" for a second before refreshing, albeit slowly). Even when I stop torrenting, this persists for quite a while before everything is back to normal.

Now, here you may think torrenting is the issue, but my connection absolutely flies when I connect my PC straight to the ONT, bypassing the router. Torrent speed is high and webpages load absolutely fast and fine.

At first I thought my router was faulty, but I just went down to Avertek last week to get it changed to a brand new unit, but I still experience the same problems. This has been bugging me for quite a while now that I'm even willing to pay some experts to come over to my place to have a look :(

Anyone would be kind enough to offer some help? Would be greatly appreciated!

Try disabling router firewall, update N66 firmware and limit bittorrent connections to under 200. Tips from my company engineer. He experienced the same thing. It's a router NAT issue.
 

Solkarnar

Master Member
Joined
May 7, 2000
Messages
3,564
Reaction score
17
Try disabling router firewall, update N66 firmware and limit bittorrent connections to under 200. Tips from my company engineer. He experienced the same thing. It's a router NAT issue.

And my ASUS N66U has no such issues. Try using merlin firmware to see if it fixes the problem. Also try to disable QoS on the router.
 

aptget

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2001
Messages
8,427
Reaction score
1
what happened to the promised speed ?

Last Result:
Download Speed: 329505 kbps (41188.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 472044 kbps (59005.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 10 ms
Jitter: 1 ms
18/02/2015 1:47:55 amp
 

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Messages
14,856
Reaction score
2,406
I assume your contract has completed.
There is a termination fee of $48.15 for ONT collection unless customers choose to return the ONT to MR.

Thanks

Also realized contract is up to May. So 3 mths more. Looks like gonna miss out on Singtel offer
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
191
what happened to the promised speed ?

No issue for me.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 940156 kbps (117519.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 476055 kbps (59506.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 2 ms
Jitter: 0 ms
2/18/2015, 11:12:11 AM
 

aptget

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2001
Messages
8,427
Reaction score
1
No issue for me.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 940156 kbps (117519.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 476055 kbps (59506.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 2 ms
Jitter: 0 ms
2/18/2015, 11:12:11 AM

my issue resolved, reset the router and everything's back to normal
 

ry0suk1

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2004
Messages
3,179
Reaction score
0
anyone know how come my 1gbps become 100mbps only?
QOS Disable on direct connection.
4152797697.png




Last Result:
Download Speed: 94774 kbps (11846.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 92077 kbps (11509.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 3 ms
Jitter: 1 ms
2/19/2015, 1:44:10 AM
 
Last edited:

CoolRock

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2006
Messages
13,271
Reaction score
772
anyone know how come my 1gbps become 100mbps only?
QOS Disable on direct connection.
4152797697.png




Last Result:
Download Speed: 94774 kbps (11846.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 92077 kbps (11509.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 3 ms
Jitter: 1 ms
2/19/2015, 1:44:10 AM

Your ethernet adapter is megabit or gigabit one?
 

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,635
Reaction score
9,403
anyone know how come my 1gbps become 100mbps only?
QOS Disable on direct connection.
4152797697.png




Last Result:
Download Speed: 94774 kbps (11846.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 92077 kbps (11509.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 3 ms
Jitter: 1 ms
2/19/2015, 1:44:10 AM

hehe speed returned to normal around 4 this morning :D just nice for champions league
 

mach0men

Banned
Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Messages
3,512
Reaction score
0
I cant seem to hit more than 500mbps no matter what i did. I am connecting via ASUS N56. Am on the 1GB plan.
 

SZQddy

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am on Pure 100Mbs plan (due to expire soon).

Trying to connect to work with VPN (ShrewSoft VPN) but am getting negotiation timeout error. However, it seems to work if I use my phone as a Wifi hotspot (singtel).

I have a Belkin Wireless Surf router. There are no VPN options in the settings but I think it does support VPN passthrough.

I don't have static ip add-on, is this the issue?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
Hi,

I am on Pure 100Mbs plan (due to expire soon).

Trying to connect to work with VPN (ShrewSoft VPN) but am getting negotiation timeout error. However, it seems to work if I use my phone as a Wifi hotspot (singtel).

I have a Belkin Wireless Surf router. There are no VPN options in the settings but I think it does support VPN passthrough.

I don't have static ip add-on, is this the issue?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Yup, U need static ip if u need to connect vpn
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top