Quick shout out to publicly thank the members who have volunteered to help me in my uphill struggle against the inability of NLT (OpenNet) to secure me a fibre connection, despite my apartment being fully wired up and ready to go. The main obstacle is this: the MDF Room from where they activate the connection is situated on the property of the condo opposite me and the condo manager there has told them to piss off….she won't let them in unless "it's for the benefit of her own residents"….everyone else can go to hell seems to be her view.
Even IDA is hanging back and not saying much but they are "monitoring" and 'escalating' the case and 'know where I am coming from'. However, I think calling in the marines at this stage may not be the best course of action. I think I need to let this play out before taking the next step.
It's a very interesting situation where everyone is to blame in varying degrees. In descending order:
NLT has the largest share of the blame…who the hell sets up a MDF room servicing other building apartments in the area and agrees to being barred from accessing it…the mind boggles at who might be the legal genius who draws up their service contracts.
The condo manager of the condo…well, I am truly lost at working out what her motivation is.
MR seem blameless on the face of it and this is partly correct….but how a company can passively watch the inaction of NLT lose them revenue (from me) is, frankly,
bewildering. If someone caused you a financial loss, at the very least you would have grounds to sue them for compensation. The only thing I can imagine is that MR views this as just one customer and thus not much of a loss. Fair enough…but I will not be at this address forever…there will come a time when getting fibre won't be a problem and this will not be an easy incident to forget.