MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yelangrelive

Banned
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
319
Reaction score
0
Just joined the purple camp this morning. :flash:

Am using Aztec homeplug 500Mbs to contect my laptop in bedroom to the ONT in the living room (4 room HDB)

Was kind of disappointed, to see the speeds are a bit short of the 100Mbps that I saw this morning.

Download speed was 66.63Mbps & upload is 1.09 Mbps :eek::eek::eek:

While setting up the Asus N15U, there are some settings which i am unfamiliar with . The QOS was the part esp.

Where did I go wrong ?

bro,
try using these ways:
1. A direct connection from the ont to laptop via cat 5e lan wired
2. dun connect via home plug in the living room
3. dun connect via homeplug in your bedroom

please share your result for this three.
 

skuraieh

Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
345
Reaction score
0
What is this $&@/ MR? I have call u all about my internet issue that I am getting max 96mbps on local test with speedtest.net with direct connection to the ont and have provide screenshot to u guys and yet your staff still ask me tons of question 1 by 1. Keep asking me test here test there by the way I am on gamer plan which is the best that u all provide to home user and this is the way u treat your subscriber by keep asking question? I believe I send all necessary info to u guys and hope to hear u all say "I will send an engineer down to check" instead your staff ask me test here and there. I am using cat6 cable and on 1gb connection when I test it and please I am I.t savey please do not ask as if I am a idiot to check this and that. Anything please pm me here am sick and tired of keep doing those test. By the way I no longer had any laptop to do further test since your staff response is so slow and I know my rm com is on a Aztec 115ep power line adapter which is limited to 80mbps that y I test through to the ont directly when I am able to borrow a laptop
 
Last edited:

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
6,405
Reaction score
2
any plans to support Sony's music unlimited on Playstation network?

actually, if teleport DNS is configured on router interface already, any system connecting to the internet via the router should be using the dns right?
 

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
any plans to support Sony's music unlimited on Playstation network?

actually, if teleport DNS is configured on router interface already, any system connecting to the internet via the router should be using the dns right?

some would required manual configuration add on.
 

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
What is this $&@/ MR? I have call u all about my internet issue that I am getting max 96mbps on local test with speedtest.net with direct connection to the ont and have provide screenshot to u guys and yet your staff still ask me tons of question 1 by 1. Keep asking me test here test there by the way I am on gamer plan which is the best that u all provide to home user and this is the way u treat your subscriber by keep asking question? I believe I send all necessary info to u guys and hope to hear u all say "I will send an engineer down to check" instead your staff ask me test here and there. I am using cat6 cable and on 1gb connection when I test it and please I am I.t savey please do not ask as if I am a idiot to check this and that. Anything please pm me here am sick and tired of keep doing those test. By the way I no longer had any laptop to do further test since your staff response is so slow and I know my rm com is on a Aztec 115ep power line adapter which is limited to 80mbps that y I test through to the ont directly when I am able to borrow a laptop

can i check your customer ID and who did you speak to?
 

skuraieh

Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
345
Reaction score
0
Hi Sir,

Will you be available on Sunday Dec 15, 2013? Either 9am-1pm or 1pm-5pm.
Please be advised that if the problem is on our network or on our devices, there will be no charge for that. However if the problem is on your device or on your end the charge is $53.50.

Thanks,
Getz
------------------------------------
Finally they manage to send some 1 but however I test with direct connection to the ont so does that mean if the problem cause by the ont do I need to pay as well? In the first place when mr set up my internet they did not do a speed test to show me is 150mbps or at least 130mbps.
 
Last edited:

azrin619

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
0
Bro....Did you try with the BBQ Speedtest?? Might as well as speedtest is not a test of actual speed.

*IF* your upload is not near 40mbps or more and latency to normal speed test is >10ms, my best bet is your fiber patch cable is a little wonky...as many would have suffered. (cat bite patch cord etc etc.. I've seen it most...)

but having you said you get 96mbps bring me to wonder.... is your computer lan port FAST ETHERNET (FE) ??? could you please me try to assist you as A fellow user by checking what does it say on your LAN Card Properties

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
does it say GBE or FE??

Sorry ah bro to budge in....

U can always call me and assist as much as I would be able to.
 
Last edited:

snoopy168

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Thanks for all the help. A buddy helped me to relooked at the Asus Router settings remotely, changed something.

Yes, I will try the direct connection to see the speed & report here.

BBQ Speedtest

from my study room with AZtech 500M Homeplug

1st result

Download 81.5Mbit/s
Upload 44.7Mbit/s
TCP Ping 7.0ms (Amazon SG)
ICMP Ping
-
Already, this feels so much better.

2nd result

Download 45.6Mbit/s
Upload 24.6Mbit/s
TCP Ping 180.3ms (Amazon West coast USA)

Will try again in other parts of the house with HP & then direct to ONT.

Thanks. Good night
 
Last edited:

azrin619

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
0
40mbps upload....acceptable lah...
the power line a little dirty.. stay away from the fone and fridge....
 

snoopy168

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
could you please me try to assist you as A fellow user by checking what does it say on your LAN Card Properties

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
does it say GBE or FE??

I am unable to find this setting. The lan thingy on my laptop is a Gigabit port.
 

snoopy168

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
40mbps upload....acceptable lah...
the power line a little dirty.. stay away from the fone and fridge....

Oh yes. Very much better than 1M last evening. I think it was the router setting.

House was rewired during the renovations just a few months ago.
 

skuraieh

Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
345
Reaction score
0
Guys the mr engineer had come and rectify my problem however I heard he mentioned to his fellow engineer through the phone that my connection is like sub to pure instead of gamer plan... Think mr need to check what have they set for me.
 

hlyagami

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2001
Messages
11,793
Reaction score
0
Dear MyRepublic Staff,

Please assist. I am using MyRepublic fibre broadband network. It is connected to a asus router n66u.

I tried to play the Samurai Siege on my iPad. This is a game which requires internet connection. When my ipad connect to my wifi, the game does not seems to load and it show me this error message (the link below). However, when I connect the game through my own Singtel 4G Mobile Broadband, it seems to be able to connect to the game server and it playable.

I am able to surf internet and social media website through he wifi (MyRepublic Fibre) on my ipad but just the game cannot load. I tried to restart the router and do all necessary action on my side. I can't think of anymore troubleshooting procedure. Maybe you can help to check your network?

Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hz5no3lzf7bs136/image.jpg

image.jpg
 

KaShinX

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2002
Messages
65
Reaction score
1
Hi my link light has been red since yesterday evening. Cannot go to the internet at all. My acc no is c1003827. Could someone please assist me? Thanks
 

azrin619

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
0
OFF ONT, Plug out patch cord and reinsert....restart
see if it works... most likely based on yr customer ID, patch cord broke.. met it's END OF SHELF LIFE (2 years or so) from manufacturing date....

If still same..after you swapped patch cord....then ON did something on MDF
 

KaShinX

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2002
Messages
65
Reaction score
1
OFF ONT, Plug out patch cord and reinsert....restart
see if it works... most likely based on yr customer ID, patch cord broke.. met it's END OF SHELF LIFE (2 years or so) from manufacturing date....

If still same..after you swapped patch cord....then ON did something on MDF

Yes I did all of the above. Restarted, plugged patch cord in and out and the color is still red :(

I don't have an extra cord to test it out though.
 

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
Dear MyRepublic Staff,

Please assist. I am using MyRepublic fibre broadband network. It is connected to a asus router n66u.

I tried to play the Samurai Siege on my iPad. This is a game which requires internet connection. When my ipad connect to my wifi, the game does not seems to load and it show me this error message (the link below). However, when I connect the game through my own Singtel 4G Mobile Broadband, it seems to be able to connect to the game server and it playable.

I am able to surf internet and social media website through he wifi (MyRepublic Fibre) on my ipad but just the game cannot load. I tried to restart the router and do all necessary action on my side. I can't think of anymore troubleshooting procedure. Maybe you can help to check your network?

Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hz5no3lzf7bs136/image.jpg

image.jpg
Will test the app when I get home.
 

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
Hi my link light has been red since yesterday evening. Cannot go to the internet at all. My acc no is c1003827. Could someone please assist me? Thanks

Hi. Have the issue been resolved yet? Any chance of me arranging someone down to check most likely tomorrow ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top