MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solkarnar

Master Member
Joined
May 7, 2000
Messages
3,564
Reaction score
17
Today, when I came back home from work, I found out that my family did not have internet connectivity for the whole time while I was working.

Tried rebooting my router and ONT but it didn't work.

Removed my static IP configuration, switch back to Dynamic IP configuration and my internet connectivity came back on.

Re-configure my router with static IP again and my internet connectivity went dead again... :s22:

I was using the same static IP config, untouched, for few months without any issues. I'm very sure the problem lies with the static IP and MR.

Can a representative from MR please look into the issue? Thanks.

Acc No: C1007270

just need to call them and they will reset the connection. Shd be fine after that
 

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
Today, when I came back home from work, I found out that my family did not have internet connectivity for the whole time while I was working.

Tried rebooting my router and ONT but it didn't work.

Removed my static IP configuration, switch back to Dynamic IP configuration and my internet connectivity came back on.

Re-configure my router with static IP again and my internet connectivity went dead again... :s22:

I was using the same static IP config, untouched, for few months without any issues. I'm very sure the problem lies with the static IP and MR.

Can a representative from MR please look into the issue? Thanks.

Acc No: C1007270

Fixed =):s12::s12::s12::s12:
 

rusydi

Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
425
Reaction score
0
Hi, I never had this problem while watching streams on twitch.tv but recently, it has been very very lag. Videos shown are like slide shows. I ping twitch.tv and there is no response at all. Even if I set my settings to low, it is also lagging. Can anyone help on this issue? It just started last saturday.
 

analyx

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
this is MR speedtest recently. It is getting worst.
Direct LAN connection.

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results
3019744880
 

Triaz881

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
120
Reaction score
0
this is MR speedtest recently. It is getting worst.
Direct LAN connection.

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results
3019744880

MR problem or your problem? ytd i noticed my wireless speed quite bad, thought might be mr problem... but then i ran inssider and realise all my neighbours changed their channels to same as mine, so i switched and all ok already. not the same problem, but my point is not always their problem also, especially if nobody else having the same issue.
 

analyx

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
MR problem or your problem? ytd i noticed my wireless speed quite bad, thought might be mr problem... but then i ran inssider and realise all my neighbours changed their channels to same as mine, so i switched and all ok already. not the same problem, but my point is not always their problem also, especially if nobody else having the same issue.

I don't think is my problem. Im on direct ONT. ping / trace is fine and the upload BW is around there except the download BW is ridiculous. I still have no channels to get to MR support except forum. Can the MR bro here, check with their backend on my account?

acct: C1010201
 

leaving_footsteps

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2005
Messages
65,069
Reaction score
4,247
I tested on dynamic IP and my download went up to 6+MB/s.

Seems like something is wrong for static IP.

My account is : C1001724

Please help. Thank you.
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,035
Reaction score
8,286
i think i noe why twitch so lag oredi.. my oversea connection for that us east and west speedtest only like 15mb :s22:
 

rusydi

Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
425
Reaction score
0
i think i noe why twitch so lag oredi.. my oversea connection for that us east and west speedtest only like 15mb :s22:

any way to solve it? or need wait for MR pple to reply.. last time i watch twitch no problem.. now lag like hell
 

reny

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2000
Messages
236
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Sorry to ask this here but I can't find any info about this on the website. My contract of 24 mths has just passed about 15mths so I'm not looking for a recontract yet. I'm currently on the Engenius router provided by MR and I'm having problem having stable wireless connection with both my handsets regardless of searching for all solutions.

Anyways I thought that I'll upgrade to the ASUS N56U which would improve my wireless speed as well. On the web, it mentions that upgrading router is $89 but I believe that's for new contracts? I thought I read before about special prices for current subscribers but I can't find any info on it right now? Can anyone advise the price for one?

P.S. I would gladly consider early recontract if I can be offered one for FREE!!
 

shin89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
17,927
Reaction score
72
Any idea how long is the duration of a MR contract? Cant believe the price dropped by so much.

Hope you guys could match the price I'm paying to the speed entitled.
 
Last edited:

Sorting

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know if I can request for the Home Voice SIP password from MR? No number porting; the home voice is really just dangling there - with the sip password, I can do more things :)
 

Sorting

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Sorry to ask this here but I can't find any info about this on the website. My contract of 24 mths has just passed about 15mths so I'm not looking for a recontract yet. I'm currently on the Engenius router provided by MR and I'm having problem having stable wireless connection with both my handsets regardless of searching for all solutions.

Anyways I thought that I'll upgrade to the ASUS N56U which would improve my wireless speed as well. On the web, it mentions that upgrading router is $89 but I believe that's for new contracts? I thought I read before about special prices for current subscribers but I can't find any info on it right now? Can anyone advise the price for one?

P.S. I would gladly consider early recontract if I can be offered one for FREE!!

Another solution:
Maybe you can try asking MR to check if the engenius router is faulty, and have them replace it with a N15U. Mine was faulty, and I got the N15U as a replacement.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top