MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
Do VPN type services like Spotflux interfere with the telleport on MR?

Planning to get one just for iPad.

Spotflux is not 'always on'...you need to launch it to activate...and I plan to do that for short periods only...say, if I am reading or downlaoding a mag from next issue.
 

Boltersdriveer

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
0
Do VPN type services like Spotflux interfere with the telleport on MR?

Planning to get one just for iPad.

Spotflux is not 'always on'...you need to launch it to activate...and I plan to do that for short periods only...say, if I am reading or downlaoding a mag from next issue.

There shouldn't be an issue using VPN services like Spotflux, since Teleport only allows access to different music/video content.

Bolts
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
Salute to anyone who went down to Sitex today....its utter madness.

Tomorrow and day after will be even more crazy.
 

Boltersdriveer

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
0
Boss, i'd seen the offers.
What i want to know is mr early recontract policy, which i believe they don't allow.

Hi there hanszz,

You can recontract at the 21st month when on a 24-month contract, or at the 9th month for a 12-month contract. Drop a ticket in our Support System and we can advise you further :)

Bolts
 

landslot

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2001
Messages
696
Reaction score
1
Hi,
Anyone having issue on their static IP? i'm not getting any connection while DHCP works.
ID:C1013024
 

waps02

Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
226
Reaction score
0
Billing Error

Hi, Jenies called you up on 26November and informed you about the removal of duplicate charges on November bill. They will also refund via GIRO 1 time relocation charge, however it will take up to 7 workings days.

The corrected bill is supposed to be :
Aug - 38.88SGD + 160.50
Sept - 38.88SGD
Oct - 38.88SGD

Hi MR/NivLek,

I am not trying to be a pain in the back here.
But what i have encountered are errors and accusation of lying(?) here.

1) Contact
The only 2 person that i have been communicating regarding this issue.
- NikLek1985 - via forum
- MR CSO over the phone on 24 Nov @ Approx between 11-1pm
And I have been 'told" billing/finance team will contact me.

I have NOT receive any call from MR nor spoken to any Jenies, to verify and discuss.

2) Monthly Bills, Credit Note, Refund
- NO, you do not amend your invoice/bills (past invoices) online (to cover up the mistakes)
- You keep the bills status quo then issue credit note; refund, reflect in latest bill on the credit/owe
- And amendment to bills does not automatically trigger a GIRO refund - I believe your accounts team will know that very well.


3) Recap
MR, please rectify the over deduction from account via GIRO for bill month of Aug, Sept, Oct 2013, including GST.


Sept 2013
Over-charging of Relocation of line
- $150 - 2 times /
- Deducted from GIRO on 9th Sept TOTAL $359.88
- Called into CSO and was promised a reversal of $150 via GIRO in Sept
- Till date no refund received

Oct 2013
- Bill $199.38
- Deducted from GIRO $38.88
- OK

Nov 2013
- Still being billed with the relocation charges
- Bill $199.38
- Deduction $199.38
 

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
Hi MR/NivLek,

I am not trying to be a pain in the back here.
But what i have encountered are errors and accusation of lying(?) here.

1) Contact
The only 2 person that i have been communicating regarding this issue.
- NikLek1985 - via forum
- MR CSO over the phone on 24 Nov @ Approx between 11-1pm
And I have been 'told" billing/finance team will contact me.

I have NOT receive any call from MR nor spoken to any Jenies, to verify and discuss.

2) Monthly Bills, Credit Note, Refund
- NO, you do not amend your invoice/bills (past invoices) online (to cover up the mistakes)
- You keep the bills status quo then issue credit note; refund, reflect in latest bill on the credit/owe
- And amendment to bills does not automatically trigger a GIRO refund - I believe your accounts team will know that very well.


3) Recap
MR, please rectify the over deduction from account via GIRO for bill month of Aug, Sept, Oct 2013, including GST.


Sept 2013
Over-charging of Relocation of line
- $150 - 2 times /
- Deducted from GIRO on 9th Sept TOTAL $359.88
- Called into CSO and was promised a reversal of $150 via GIRO in Sept
- Till date no refund received

Oct 2013
- Bill $199.38
- Deducted from GIRO $38.88
- OK

Nov 2013
- Still being billed with the relocation charges
- Bill $199.38
- Deduction $199.38

Let me ask them to call you again on Monday.
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
Question on MR connection with Mac:

Currently, in the Network section of my system preferences, the DNS section shows the IP address of my router....and it is greyed out.

Am I supposed to replace that with the MyRepublic DNS addresses (103.11.48.190 or 103.11.48.126)?


Edit: Do I also have to fill these dns values into my router under fields like 'static dns 1 & static dns 2'?


Note: I have no obvious issues with my internet right now but just wonder if making the above changes will optimise it further.
 
Last edited:

azrin619

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
0
no difference as it's loaded from your router and it pulls from MR Teleported DNS.
If you change..can work also...but no difference. Unless running IPv6...that is a different story altogether.

Have fun!
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
Thanks azrin, can I also check:

To set port forwarding for utorrent, for example, do you need to have a static ip or can you do it with a dynamic ip like the one I have now.

On my router settings, I made a dhcp reservation for my device's IP...as I read in my router manual that this better facilitates port forwarding.
 

Boltersdriveer

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
0
Thanks azrin, can I also check:

To set port forwarding for utorrent, for example, do you need to have a static ip or can you do it with a dynamic ip like the one I have now.

On my router settings, I made a dhcp reservation for my device's IP...as I read in my router manual that this better facilitates port forwarding.

There is uPnP. You practically don't really have to do anything on dynamic IP.

Bolts
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
There is uPnP. You practically don't really have to do anything on dynamic IP.

Bolts

I have NAT and UPNP enabled on both router and utorrent preferences. But Im still getting the yellow light instead of the green light...any idea how to troubleshoot?

With my previous isp I had it all set on auto: randomise port on launch, auto nat/upnp...and it worked perfectly. I only noticed these new things when I switched to MR. Any advice?
 

Boltersdriveer

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
0
I have NAT and UPNP enabled on both router and utorrent preferences. But Im still getting the yellow light instead of the green light...any idea how to troubleshoot?

With my previous isp I had it all set on auto: randomise port on launch, auto nat/upnp...and it worked perfectly. I only noticed these new things when I switched to MR. Any advice?
Try downloading a torrent and see if it works first. The 'amber light' can be slightly misleading sometimes. Cheers.

Bolts
 

VarunSG

Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2013
Messages
478
Reaction score
0
You don't need a VPN to download or read a magazine from next issue. You need a US iTunes or google play account to download the app. That's it.

- V.

Do VPN type services like Spotflux interfere with the telleport on MR?

Planning to get one just for iPad.

Spotflux is not 'always on'...you need to launch it to activate...and I plan to do that for short periods only...say, if I am reading or downlaoding a mag from next issue.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top