MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

abercombre

Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2002
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
I do not have contract now with MR, If i sign up for 1year 1gbps, it says earliest installation date is from 1st March 2014 onwards. Is there any cancellation fee and any other fee if i change plan or decided not to continue with the 1gbps signup?
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
I do not have contract now with MR, If i sign up for 1year 1gbps, it says earliest installation date is from 1st March 2014 onwards. Is there any cancellation fee and any other fee if i change plan or decided not to continue with the 1gbps signup?

According to the answer I got from Lawzer, no

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/82755088-post151.html

So the sign up now is good for "queuing up" for the service.
 

Wockets

Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2010
Messages
405
Reaction score
60
Hi MyRepublic staff

My contract will end on the 22nd Jan 2015.And I just realised today existing customer will not be imposed with a penalty when upgrading to the new 1gb/s plan.
As I've submitted my order form today and the current estimated installation falls on the Q3 2014. I was wondering if I could be placed at an earlier waiting list as I remember a Q1 2014 list was offered to me but I was hesitant due to the fact I might be charged with a penalty. :(

My customer ID: C1006348

Look forward to your prompt reply! :D
 

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
Hi MyRepublic staff

My contract will end on the 22nd Jan 2015.And I just realised today existing customer will not be imposed with a penalty when upgrading to the new 1gb/s plan.
As I've submitted my order form today and the current estimated installation falls on the Q3 2014. I was wondering if I could be placed at an earlier waiting list as I remember a Q1 2014 list was offered to me but I was hesitant due to the fact I might be charged with a penalty. :(

My customer ID: C1006348

Look forward to your prompt reply! :D

If recon = Expiry date > installation = free .
Upgrade = Installation < Expirydate = 58dollar.
 

Wockets

Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2010
Messages
405
Reaction score
60
If recon = Expiry date > installation = free .
Upgrade = Installation < Expirydate = 58dollar.

Sorry I don't really understand the above formula.
If it's the OTC of $58 dollars to get me an earlier upgrade date, sure I'll be more than willing to pay for it
 

romanohairi

Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2004
Messages
374
Reaction score
0
If recon = Expiry date > installation = free .
Upgrade = Installation < Expirydate = 58dollar.

Sorry I don't really understand the above formula.
If it's the OTC of $58 dollars to get me an earlier upgrade date, sure I'll be more than willing to pay for it

if you upgrade before your contract end, you need to pay $58.
if you upgrade after your contract end, you need to pay $0.
the earliest installation will only commerce in March...
 

Wockets

Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2010
Messages
405
Reaction score
60
Thanks for clearing up. I'm fully aware of the OTC $58 dollars if I upgrade before my contract ends.

My main concern is that if I can be placed on an earlier installation date cause the current estimated installation date for me is on the Q3 2014.
A couple of days back I was offered a Q1 2014 but I was hesitant as I thought I had to pay the penalty in order to upgrade so I did not go ahead with the submission of upgrade plan. :(
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
191
If recon = Expiry date > installation = free .
Upgrade = Installation < Expirydate = 58dollar.

Recontract - Installation date is LATER than contract expiry date = OTC waived
Upgrade - Installation date is EARLIER than contract expiry date = $58 OTC

Hope this is more clear.
 

romanohairi

Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2004
Messages
374
Reaction score
0
Thanks for clearing up. I'm fully aware of the OTC $58 dollars if I upgrade before my contract ends.

My main concern is that if I can be placed on an earlier installation date cause the current estimated installation date for me is on the Q3 2014.
A couple of days back I was offered a Q1 2014 but I was hesitant as I thought I had to pay the penalty in order to upgrade so I did not go ahead with the submission of upgrade plan. :(

Dat's life, bro.... sometime cannot paddle back..... but just stay tune... they might have something... :D:D
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
191
I received an email as follows:

Dear Customer,


Thank you for applying for a MyRepublic Fibre broadband package.

If you need to re-visit your order (because your sign up got disconnected by your current provider >:D) please feel free to click the below link to continue with your order or review it:

If you ever need assistance, please feel free to contact our hotline at 6436 6638.

Sincerely,

Order Team
MyRepublic

Any MR staffs can assist on the above?
 

LoNeStEr

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
i have the same sentiments too. but i have read through previous post by lawzer saying:

"Just want to give my assurance that all customers will not have any issues getting this 49.99 or 59.99 price point. The limit on subscribers getting it is only for new subscribers. Current subscribers of course will not have any limits on this, be it you opt in today or 1 year from now, it will still be there for you."

does that means we do not need to rush to order now? can anyone confirm this?

According to Lawrence, the special price is limited to first 10,000 NEW subscribers while the existing subscribers are entitled to the special price upon re-contract at anytime.

I think people want to order now is to "secure" an installation slot first.

Yup, no rush to order now. Order as and when you're ready ;)

Bolts

Hi guys, i think the thread has been going on too long and there are couple of recent post addressing concern over wanting to recontract now to "lock-in" the price but still want to finish up their free months. Hope the above quotes helps. Existing customers will still enjoy the current price down the time when u choose to. Now is the matter of when u wan to book your ONT upgrade date. if you need the speed ASAP, recontract now and pay the OTC. Else wait till your contracts end and recontract to get waiver for the OTC.

MR representative please correct me if i am wrong. thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top