MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
9,436
Reaction score
5
I just tried 2 popular torrents..

fastest i see was 2600kBps only leh.. any comments?

I also notice that 2nd dl only started after the 1st completed... is this a bandwidth issue or some router rule I'm unaware of?

torrents are highly dependent on alot factors,

a) whats the seed to peer ratio of the torrent
b) whats the speed the seeders are uploading at
c) settings of torrent client to optimize the speeds of the torrent (you can google for the settings of this)

If comparing direct file hosting sites vs torrents i prefer the former as using download managers alot of times it will be faster than torrents although its not free for accounts at file hosting sites
 

maxokw

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2000
Messages
1,820
Reaction score
0
Hi.

I am having this porblem when i am not able to grab any IP when connecting to the ONT directly to my laptop. I tired 3 laptops, and is just trying to connect but till failed. Laptops OS win 7. I tried restarting laptops and ONT, still can't. Weird thing is ris i can grab IP thru router>ONT.
Any advise? Btw, this happens since the day i startee with MR, 3 weeks ago. The engineer came to check on my download speed issue, je tested with his MacBook and is ok.i thought might be my laptops, but when i used company laptop to test, still the same..
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Hi.

I am having this porblem when i am not able to grab any IP when connecting to the ONT directly to my laptop. I tired 3 laptops, and is just trying to connect but till failed. Laptops OS win 7. I tried restarting laptops and ONT, still can't. Weird thing is ris i can grab IP thru router>ONT.
Any advise? Btw, this happens since the day i startee with MR, 3 weeks ago. The engineer came to check on my download speed issue, je tested with his MacBook and is ok.i thought might be my laptops, but when i used company laptop to test, still the same..

Did you use the same Ethernet cable that you connect via the router to connect to the ONT?
 

aptget

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2001
Messages
8,427
Reaction score
1
3240041916.png


MR personnel just installed MR for me.

On full reception wireless.. I'm getting this... wah lau 100mbos only get this.. not acceptable man.. can someone help me out please?

yes we can help you. get yourself WIRED

wireless will never give you the full speed
 

wweixian

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2007
Messages
9,510
Reaction score
1
OK signed up in funan liao. So fast process. Chey if want the *up to* $200 credit, need to end contract prematurely de.
 

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2006
Messages
26,875
Reaction score
1,489
For science, I went to bought a pair of TP-LINK AV500 with passthrough (PA4010P).

Set up goes like this.

N56U --> Home Plug --|-- Powerpoint extension <--- Home Plug <--- laptop

I'd connect straight to wall socket except the cat 5.e 2m cable I bought wasn't long enough...

TADAH! New results as below!

3240284470.png


Mission accomplished :vijayadmin:
 
Last edited:

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
9,436
Reaction score
5
For science, I went to bought a pair of TP-LINK AV500 with passthrough (PA4010P).

Set up goes like this.

N56U --> Home Plug --|-- Powerpoint extension <--- Home Plug <--- laptop

I'd connect straight to wall socket accept the cat 5.e 2m cable I bought wasn't long enough...

TADAH! New results as below!

3240284470.png


Mission accomplished :vijayadmin:

congrats bro for getting higher speeds
 

aquarianx

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2013
Messages
32
Reaction score
2
Mio TV on different ISP

Hi all, I could not find clear information by searching.

If I have a non-Singtel ISP (say Myrepublic) can I still subscribe to Mio TV. I would be most grateful if someone could guide me to the relevant information. Thanks.
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
Hi all, I could not find clear information by searching.

If I have a non-Singtel ISP (say Myrepublic) can I still subscribe to Mio TV. I would be most grateful if someone could guide me to the relevant information. Thanks.

Yes u can, they will provide a seperate modem for your miotv connnection. Miotv connection will not work on MR platform.
 

MisterKZ

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
How to set up a Time Capsule (2011) MyRepublic

Hi everyone.

Trying to find the answer: How to set up a Time Capsule (2011) MyRepublic?
I have an ASUS N56U, want to change it for TC like a main router.
Please help me, how to do that?
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
For science, I went to bought a pair of TP-LINK AV500 with passthrough (PA4010P).

Set up goes like this.

N56U --> Home Plug --|-- Powerpoint extension <--- Home Plug <--- laptop

I'd connect straight to wall socket except the cat 5.e 2m cable I bought wasn't long enough...

TADAH! New results as below!

3240284470.png


Mission accomplished :vijayadmin:

Enjoy your new speed!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top