MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,693
Reaction score
9,423
For science, I went to bought a pair of TP-LINK AV500 with passthrough (PA4010P).

Set up goes like this.

N56U --> Home Plug --|-- Powerpoint extension <--- Home Plug <--- laptop

I'd connect straight to wall socket except the cat 5.e 2m cable I bought wasn't long enough...

TADAH! New results as below!

3240284470.png


Mission accomplished :vijayadmin:

ya gx gx :s12:
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
My results for wired connection via router as follows:

Server: Telin
3240627918.png



Server: SingTel
3240630620.png


* I am on PURE 100Mbps.
 
Last edited:

ComPuiTer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
11,848
Reaction score
7
For science, I went to bought a pair of TP-LINK AV500 with passthrough (PA4010P).

Set up goes like this.

N56U --> Home Plug --|-- Powerpoint extension <--- Home Plug <--- laptop

I'd connect straight to wall socket except the cat 5.e 2m cable I bought wasn't long enough...

TADAH! New results as below!

3240284470.png


Mission accomplished :vijayadmin:

What is the current plan you are using? What is your previous configuration and speed?
 

aptget

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2001
Messages
8,427
Reaction score
1
thanks MR, went to Knee Ann Citee this evening to look/see

thanks for helping me wash my eyes, been a while since I last had my eyes checked.

nothing for current subscribers, its more for NEW subscribers
 

maxokw

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2000
Messages
1,820
Reaction score
0
Did you test the other ports on the ONT?

I tried all 4 ports, cannot.

the engineer used the 3rd port, his MacBook can grab IP direct from ONT.

and, i did not tested my laptop with him around cos i see his laptop can get the ip....
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
I tried all 4 ports, cannot.

the engineer used the 3rd port, his MacBook can grab IP direct from ONT.

and, i did not tested my laptop with him around cos i see his laptop can get the ip....

Recently I also got issue with my router not ONT.

My wired connection either could not get any Internet connection or got connection but cannot access any websites. The MR engineer who came down and tested the wired connection with his MacBook via the router was working fine.

Then he tested with a new ASUS RT-N15U router and my wired connection via the router is working.

I not sure if there is any difference between Windows and Macintosh in terms of the router sensitivity towards different OS.
 

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
6,504
Reaction score
10
my torrent speed crawling.. settings tuned accordingly to some guides after googling. can anyone provide a good torrent to check if it problem lies at my end?
 

maxokw

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2000
Messages
1,820
Reaction score
0
Recently I also got issue with my router not ONT.

My wired connection either could not get any Internet connection or got connection but cannot access any websites. The MR engineer who came down and tested the wired connection with his MacBook via the router was working fine.

Then he tested with a new ASUS RT-N15U router and my wired connection via the router is working.

I not sure if there is any difference between Windows and Macintosh in terms of the router sensitivity towards different OS.

Aren't sure between the 2, am not a Mac user.

Your issue resolved?

My case is real weird, if my router can grab the internet connect from ONT. theoretically, it should be working fine. I contacted MR support and were told "Pertaining to your concerns on a direct connection to the ONT, allow me to share that the ONT have a limitation of number of devices that can be recognized within a short span of time. If you are not able to get a connection via a direct connection the the ONT, kindly power off the ONT for about 15 minutes then try again.".

1. Do not know what limitations, could have been more cleared to me.
2. Tried to power off ONT for 15 mins and tried, still cannot.

Any personnel from MR that can advise or help on my issue?

thanks :s12:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top