MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abyssal.Xuan

Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2011
Messages
476
Reaction score
3
Firstly they're not around the same price. Asus retail price should be around 279, which mean they are for different market segment. If you don't get the Asus one, the $100 voucher will be wasted, and you will need to pay an extra $10 for the TP-link. So unless there is any obvious advantage of that archer C7, just go for the Asus.

For gaming the best option is to run a cable into your room. Since your room is right next to the router, it wouldn't cause much trouble though. There is always enough space for a cable under the door.

Thanks for the reply! True. Didn't mean to make it sound confusing wahahah.

I wouldn't mind trunking and pulling cable but my mum doesn't want it for some reason. Hahah. It wouldn't matter too much since I'm going to enlist soon so I wont be using my con that much hahah.

@misato alright. I think I've decided on the ac56u. Thanks for your response:)
 

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
5517 had disconnect/reboot issues for AC68U and is no longer available for download. 5656 fixed this problem.

That's correct. I have suffered the AC68U problem while waiting for Asus to fix.. intermittent internet dc due to router reboot or something.

With 5656, it fixes everything. So far, my MR never been down unless I reboot the AC68U - sometime I like to reboot clean :D
 

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
In case you are not aware.

MR just send their users that the FREE Teleport service will continue till 30th Aug 2014, instead of ending on 30th Jun 2014. Thereafter it is an opt-in promotion rate of $1.88/mth for next 12mths
 

gabrielkfr

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Did you do a reset on your router after you updated to the latest firmware version?

My speedtest using wired connection through ASUS AC56U router:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 949352 kbps (118669 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 474290 kbps (59286.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 2 ms
Jitter: 0 ms
7/1/2014 8:11:38 AM

I did reset

Disable your router QoS feature.

It's disabled :o
 

mister38

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2002
Messages
14,978
Reaction score
571
anyone on 1Gb plan with asus n66u router? how is the speed like? both wired or wireless ....wonder if should get ac68u....:(
 

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
Even you configure on your router also does not work?

Static IP for NC ONT aka older MR plans are self-configuration. I configure it will disable all my internet access, but can ping google.com etc on command prompt :s22:
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
I did reset

You try to test with direct connection from ONT. If the speed is still around 800+Mbps, it could be due to your computer hardware.

Static IP for NC ONT aka older MR plans are self-configuration. I configure it will disable all my internet access, but can ping google.com etc on command prompt :s22:

Was the Static IP working previously? If not, probably you have to call MR to check their back-end system.
 

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
6,671
Reaction score
98
If you got no upcoming free month or the free month still quite long.
Why not :)

My worry is I seen people complaining about the 1gbps with a lot of problems. But currently my 100mpbs is still okay. I'm afraid after I change, the problems will kick in.

Are you from MR team? Tried calling the hotline to confirm my installation date but no answer. Can you help?
 

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
6,671
Reaction score
98
i'd say go for singnet. with their current free months promo, MR is expensive when you factor in the poorer network performance and crappy customer service. I know since my neighbour is on singnet while I am on MR and we compare. Singnet direct download, torrent also no problem.

Singnet VOIP service offers unlimited free calls but MR is 1000mins & the subsequent per sec/min charge isn't attractive.

I'm not really looking at the big 3 telco. From what I know, they do restrict torrent traffic. What I like about my 100mpbs MR pure is that they don't restrict torrent.

I only scared that after upgrading, it will be worse. Do you think so?
 

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
6,671
Reaction score
98
I'm also waiting for them to install my new 1Gbps line so I can't really give much advice.

Just want to tell you that should not listen to anyone who compare their MR line with their "neighbour" using another ISP as such comparison is very subjective.

If you're happy with the currently 100mbps line @ $59/m (I suppose), why hesitate upgrading to 1Gbps at $49/m? You won't lose anything.

I have also had the same hesitation before confirming to recontract but then my wife told me "if you're happy with the current one, why risk the change? who can be sure that the other vendor will not cause any problem?"

I'm actually on 38 dollars per month now hahaha that's why I'm contemplating to upgrade to 1gbps. Since now my current plan is not giving me problems

Did you encounter any problems after switching to the 1gbps plan? Like slow torrent speeds and buffer problems for YouTube?
 

skn_16

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2009
Messages
587
Reaction score
0
In case you are not aware.

MR just send their users that the FREE Teleport service will continue till 30th Aug 2014, instead of ending on 30th Jun 2014. Thereafter it is an opt-in promotion rate of $1.88/mth for next 12mths
Opt-In? EDM say Opt-Out attched screenshot also
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
I'm actually on 38 dollars per month now hahaha that's why I'm contemplating to upgrade to 1gbps. Since now my current plan is not giving me problems

Did you encounter any problems after switching to the 1gbps plan? Like slow torrent speeds and buffer problems for YouTube?

If $38 already and having no problem then no need to change...

My appointment is tomorrow and now my fingers are crossed...

Btw, no torrent throttling is still one of their promises.
 

ArleFK

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
0
My worry is I seen people complaining about the 1gbps with a lot of problems. But currently my 100mpbs is still okay. I'm afraid after I change, the problems will kick in.

Are you from MR team? Tried calling the hotline to confirm my installation date but no answer. Can you help?

I'm actually on 38 dollars per month now hahaha that's why I'm contemplating to upgrade to 1gbps. Since now my current plan is not giving me problems

Did you encounter any problems after switching to the 1gbps plan? Like slow torrent speeds and buffer problems for YouTube?

Bro/sis, you got try their live chat? Feedback from here says it is better than calling the hotline.

Anyways, the only thing people are complaining about 1Gbps is not hitting the 1Gbps mostly. Havent seen much other complains.
 

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
6,671
Reaction score
98
When you guys opt to upgrade to the 1gbps plan, did you all pay the 58 dollars one time charge?

Anyone got it wavered before? Especially new customers?
 

dagobah

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
950
Reaction score
140
Opt-In? EDM say Opt-Out attched screenshot also

jM3spCP.png
 

Bobby Goh

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
0
Hi folks,

Have a question regarding getting fixed IP from MR.

If I should purchase one and MR has IP addresses available and assign it to my account, then do I have to do any configuration on my part? I'm currently on the 1 Gbps plan since April 1.

Kindly advise.
 

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
Was the Static IP working previously? If not, probably you have to call MR to check their back-end system.

Previously working but with a change of residential location, it no longer works.

Nivlek has attended to the case and I personally lost track of it. He should have reset their back end already.

OT: your breaker rickel haha
 

xxhikarutanxx

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
5,706
Reaction score
0
i will be upgrading to 1gbps plan soon, but not sure whether i shud use the 100 dollars voucher to buy any of the 3 routers. can help fill me in on whats the difference between the 3 of them?

if i get the cheapest one can still be able to get close to 1gbps de spd ma? cash tight man.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top