MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Architect

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2011
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
I wouldn't know if this is the correct place to vent my frustrations but to date, it has been quite a nightmare when dealing with MyRepublic so forgive my lengthy post.

I signed up with MR in early Feb cos of the 1GBps plan and I was told that installation would only be done Early April. It was fine as I was not due to move into my new place yet. Submitted all relevant forms, Giro deductions, blah blah blah and got confirmation that everything is order. Then April came and went and I got an email saying that installation will be postponed and no dates were given in the mail and as quoted in the mail "While we are currently unable to now say how long the delay will be, our experience is that 80% of delays are resolved within 30-days."

30 days came and went and still no news so I had to call them up and none of the staff was able to give a reply on the installation date and each and every one of the staff has said that they will "get back to me after checking" but noone ever did "get back to me".

Long story short, after many calls, emails, etc..finally an installation date was given and wow, it was June already. Who would have thought you needed to wait over 4 mths for a broadband installation.

On the day of installation, the tech came and set up everything and it was found out that there was no connection. :eek:

He said that this happens sometimes and it will usually be up and running the next day. Well true to his words, I did have connection the next day.......but it was quite late into the night before I finally had connection. And that was also after placing a call to MR hotline and I was told that they will "GET BACK TO ME" which noone did........as usual.

So internet is up and running and all is good. Then lo and behold, I receive an email "Payment Failed Reminder" and this really got me :s11::s11::s11:

I had received an SMS and mail saying that my documentations and GIRO were in order so I don't know why there should even be a problem with payments. Best part, there is a supposed $10 administrative charge because of my failed payment....this is really WTF.

I don't know if I am suay but it has not been smooth sailing at all with my dealings with MR and the staffs never "Get back to you" when they said they will. I fully understand that MR might have had too much on their plates when they launched the 1GBps plan and I am sure they had a whole horde of sign ups. But some of the scenarios were really very poorly organized.

I guess that's the end of my rant. Now I have to call the hotline again to check and confirm on the payment reminder issue.

:s22::s22::s22:
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
I wouldn't know if this is the correct place to vent my frustrations but to date, it has been quite a nightmare when dealing with MyRepublic so forgive my lengthy post....

Bro why still wasting time to call their hotline? Just come and knock on their door at Vertex.
 

IAmNiceify

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2012
Messages
671
Reaction score
12
3599082295.png
Installation for 1gbps.



2pm to 6pm on time

As usual twitch unwatchable
 
Last edited:

ArleFK

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
0
Hi folks,

Have a question regarding getting fixed IP from MR.

If I should purchase one and MR has IP addresses available and assign it to my account, then do I have to do any configuration on my part? I'm currently on the 1 Gbps plan since April 1.

Kindly advise.

No configuration needed for customers on the 1Gbps

i will be upgrading to 1gbps plan soon, but not sure whether i shud use the 100 dollars voucher to buy any of the 3 routers. can help fill me in on whats the difference between the 3 of them?

if i get the cheapest one can still be able to get close to 1gbps de spd ma? cash tight man.

Get the $179 one would be good enough. $179 is already after $100 discount eh, dont forget

I wouldn't know if this is the correct place to vent my frustrations but to date, it has been quite a nightmare when dealing with MyRepublic so forgive my lengthy post.

I signed up with MR in early Feb cos of the 1GBps plan and I was told that installation would only be done Early April. It was fine as I was not due to move into my new place yet. Submitted all relevant forms, Giro deductions, blah blah blah and got confirmation that everything is order. Then April came and went and I got an email saying that installation will be postponed and no dates were given in the mail and as quoted in the mail "While we are currently unable to now say how long the delay will be, our experience is that 80% of delays are resolved within 30-days."

30 days came and went and still no news so I had to call them up and none of the staff was able to give a reply on the installation date and each and every one of the staff has said that they will "get back to me after checking" but noone ever did "get back to me".

Long story short, after many calls, emails, etc..finally an installation date was given and wow, it was June already. Who would have thought you needed to wait over 4 mths for a broadband installation.

On the day of installation, the tech came and set up everything and it was found out that there was no connection. :eek:

He said that this happens sometimes and it will usually be up and running the next day. Well true to his words, I did have connection the next day.......but it was quite late into the night before I finally had connection. And that was also after placing a call to MR hotline and I was told that they will "GET BACK TO ME" which noone did........as usual.

So internet is up and running and all is good. Then lo and behold, I receive an email "Payment Failed Reminder" and this really got me :s11::s11::s11:

I had received an SMS and mail saying that my documentations and GIRO were in order so I don't know why there should even be a problem with payments. Best part, there is a supposed $10 administrative charge because of my failed payment....this is really WTF.

I don't know if I am suay but it has not been smooth sailing at all with my dealings with MR and the staffs never "Get back to you" when they said they will. I fully understand that MR might have had too much on their plates when they launched the 1GBps plan and I am sure they had a whole horde of sign ups. But some of the scenarios were really very poorly organized.

I guess that's the end of my rant. Now I have to call the hotline again to check and confirm on the payment reminder issue.

:s22::s22::s22:

Bro why still wasting time to call their hotline? Just come and knock on their door at Vertex.

Email their billing dept? I remember they have a email for customers to reach them at. If not try their live chat lor
 

bakasora

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,378
Reaction score
932
Watching Twitch.tv is back to crawling speed at source quality. :/
Need to use VPN to circumvent now.
 

Naoyuki

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2009
Messages
275
Reaction score
0
Connection revived in 10mins :/ Wanted to play some games but I guess have to wait for a bit...
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
Regarding static IP:
Instructions:

Ensure that your router is set to DHCP. There is no need to set your router setting to Static IP. The process is automatic from our end.

Configure all devices that require Static IP with your new Static IP address.
That's it! Enjoy your new Static IP.

Was sent to me just now since my appointment is tomorrow.
 

IAmNiceify

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2012
Messages
671
Reaction score
12
This is pretty interesting

Its a website called samknows.com.sg

If sign up and met the requirements.

You will receive a test unit that measure speed/upload locally and internationally

Weird thing is my friend is on this program with his MR 1gbps.

He is getting 150mbps on downloads and 72mbps on upload locally. Over the days of 30day period

Anyone know about this?
 
Last edited:

ArleFK

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
0
This is pretty interesting

Its a website called samknows.com.sg

If sign up and met the requirements.

You will receive a test unit that measure speed/upload locally and internationally

Weird thing is my friend is on this program with his MR 1gbps.

He is getting 150mbps on downloads and 72mbps on upload locally. Over the days of 30day period

Anyone know about this?

Sounds very :s22::s22::s22: to me.
 

Beefsteak

Master Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
3,545
Reaction score
152
From what I can recall, the issue is half on MR and half on twitch side. But I see that MR side is fix recently

It was fixed like 1 or 2 weeks ago. But Funny thing is Twitch.tv is back to the usual laggy stream now.
Don't know what happened.
 
Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
This is pretty interesting

Its a website called samknows.com.sg

If sign up and met the requirements.

You will receive a test unit that measure speed/upload locally and internationally

Weird thing is my friend is on this program with his MR 1gbps.

He is getting 150mbps on downloads and 72mbps on upload locally. Over the days of 30day period

Anyone know about this?

There is also a thread about this - SamKnows - Singapore Campaign.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top