MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmNiceify

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2012
Messages
671
Reaction score
12
guys, why do they need to come down to upgrade 1gb line?

The current ont doesnt support 1gbps.

For me

They cut my line during midnight. A tech came in the late afternoon change the ont and it will be up and running no configuration needed.
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
I don't know why there are so many lengthy posts to complain about this and that, but so far NONE evidence was given except the quotes from "neighbors"...

Their customer service may be below standard, but I have been MR customer for 2 years and frankly speaking I seldom need to contact their support, until recently when I want to re-contract.

Firstly they also said the appointment is in Q3 2014, but then after a few weeks they inform me the installation date will be on 3rd July, which is the 3rd day of Q3 (while I was expecting September or some sort).

The appointment was from 2pm to 6pm, but at 1:45pm they called me an apologized that their technician is having vehicle breakdown (who cares?) and another technician can only come from 6pm-7pm. Well it's sad, but at least they did inform me in advance. So the installation was done at around 7:30pm.

And despite all the moaning from other bros here, this is my initial test result:

SpeedTest.net to ViewQuest server:


Twitch: watching Twitch without buffering, very smooth. Currently watching 2 games at source quality (Invasion-Arrow, Minesky-Titan)

BBC iPlayer: BBC iPlayer - Watch BBC One live : smooth, no buffering

Other stream: http://tv.csmtalk.vn/pewpewvn (also Dota 2): smooth, no buffering

Twitch.tv, BBC, other streaming services, are having no problem at all.

Now when it come to direct download:
2014c7643a0b-12ce-4b3a-9dc9-f332562795f6.png


The 3 downloads are from mediafire and fshare.vn (a Vietnamese server)

The max speed goes well beyond 300Mbps and the average speed you can roughly tell from the graph (not the number in the table) is also somewhere above 200Mbps. So you tell me does it worth the upgrade from 100Mbps?

The only bad thing is the coverage of router Asus 56U is quite poor. If I sit right next to the router, it's good. But when I am in my room and only 4m away from the router, 1 wall, open door, I can reach only 50Mbps max, same for both 5GHz and 2.4Ghz. The network signal was only Good or Very Good, not Excellent.

By right I am supposed to post torrent result here as well, but my stupid DLink DNS-320L keep on having "connection error" issue when downloading multiple torrent at once... Guess I have to wait until this batch is complete, then start again with only 2 torrents.


Oh and you know what, while I am downloading at that speed + 4 torrents are running without limitation, my brother is playing DOTA 2 at his normal ping (below 10ms), or at least I don't hear any scream from him about lag or spikes or anything...
 
Last edited:

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
Put me on hold for a few minutes and then a Mr John came to speak to me. And Viola! MR pulled the biggest excuse. That due to a migration of sorts, my order was never entered into the system! Wow! And the best thing is that when I called in few times to ensure my installation will go ahead, they said "yes" to me is because they only see the main screen but did not go into the details and at nearly 11am, 3 hours before my supposed installation, someone in MR actually found out about this situation.

post trimmed because it's quite long. hi, im sorry to hear that. is there a specific way to ask them to check our order details? because i would not wish to encounter the same situation as what you have had. :( my appt is around the corner.
 

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
Now when it come to direct download:
2014c7643a0b-12ce-4b3a-9dc9-f332562795f6.png


The 3 downloads are from mediafire and fshare.vn (a Vietnamese server)

The max speed goes well beyond 300Mbps and the average speed you can roughly tell from the graph (not the number in the table) is also somewhere above 200Mbps. So you tell me does it worth the upgrade from 100Mbps?

hi, may i know if the direct downloads are based on free user speeds, and what monitoring software is that? thanks! :)
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
hi, may i know if the direct downloads are based on free user speeds, and what monitoring software is that? thanks! :)

Mediafire (first one) is for free user, fshare.vn is premium user.

The monitor from Asus RT-AC56U router, traffic manager.
 

IAmNiceify

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2012
Messages
671
Reaction score
12
oh ok thanks for the info :D

I live in the centre maybe thats why its slowing down?

Only complain is twitch. Only reason for me to switch to 1gbps is $10 price different

On 100mbps totally no problem "stream" Running like world cup liddat no lag.
 

misato

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,148
Reaction score
0
You all might see that I have been a supporter and defended MR. But I guess everyone has a breaking point and today is mine.

Today I made the very regretful decision to decide that enough is enough from MR. I have been a defender of Myrepublic and have joined them 2 years ago, jumping from the Big 3 telcos to sign up with them. Honestly, for the last 2 years, barring some hiccups, everything was quite ok. So when my contract is up, I have no issues wanting to continue with them and in fact, wanted to upgrade to the 1GB plan. SO I received an installation date on 3rd July which is today. Having read so many feedbacks of them cancelling appointments last minute, I made a point to call at least twice with the latest one this morning at nearly 9am to ensure they are going to come later at 2-6pm. The guy said yes they are coming.

At around 10 plus, Miss Min from MR called me and told there will be problems with my installation as they 3rd party they are working with do not have permission to enter some building to do patching of system, therefore my installation cannot go ahead. I told her this is ridiculous because why did not the permission was secured a day before at least and now this is the kind of excuse given to cancel my installation? She says there is nothing she can do. I probed further and realised this is not the first time this happened and I asked her why then MR did not bother to resolve this problem and she just kept repeating that there is nothing MR can do. I told her, then get someone who can do something to talk to me. She insists that she is the one who can handle the situation but I told her, she should just go and find out what is happening with the 3rd party and get someone else to talk to me.

Put me on hold for a few minutes and then a Mr John came to speak to me. And Viola! MR pulled the biggest excuse. That due to a migration of sorts, my order was never entered into the system! Wow! And the best thing is that when I called in few times to ensure my installation will go ahead, they said "yes" to me is because they only see the main screen but did not go into the details and at nearly 11am, 3 hours before my supposed installation, someone in MR actually found out about this situation.

John wanted to offer a one month's waiver. And eventually I told him even if they offer me a 24 month's waiver, its not longer an issue with money. Its that ridiculous reasons are being given to put customers off. And after being promised installation today, and with their ridiculous reasons, John told me that I will have to wait at least 14 more days before they can schedule me for a new installation. That was the last straw. A service provider who cannot resolve issues and gives ridiculous reasons for that do not deserve my support. 2 years ago when I joined MR when I first saw them posting in Hardwarezone with people like Lawrence etc...I saw a chance to support a company willing to come up against the big boys. But 2 years later, they are just like them. Ridiculous. I will be sourcing for a new service provider and already ask John to terminate my 1GB request and will terminate my current MR service too.

I feel for you. Mine took 4 attempts caused by "unknown" reasons. Lucky for them, they got it finally up on the four attempt. Else it was also the final chance that would lead me up the same path as you as well. With all else being fair.. I believe in at least a second chance for them to make up their mistake, MR being a small company, with the proper will driving, its possible that they could have settle this on the next attempt.

That aside, you will need time to make the arrangement for the replacement ISP and thus it makes more sense to get MR to cancel the only 1GB service and retain existing one while the new ISP settle things since money (its not a lot to start with) isn't a concern. Opennet can be such a b*tch at times and you might run into unexpected delay and have to live without a fixed broadband for a uncertain amount of time. This was my fall back plan should MR failed me on the 4th attempt.
 

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
guys, why do they need to come down to upgrade 1gb line?

actually i'm curious to know how many installations they can take a day. because it seems like it's just the technician bringing the ONT (and router if you purchased one) then making sure that there is connection when plugged in. anyone can share what goes on during installation day?
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
actually i'm curious to know how many installations they can take a day. because it seems like it's just the technician bringing the ONT (and router if you purchased one) then making sure that there is connection when plugged in. anyone can share what goes on during installation day?

he made phone calls to someone asking to check for something at the other end. Signal test or mapping I guess. He also connected his computer to the ONT to do some set up.
 

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
he made phone calls to someone asking to check for something at the other end. Signal test or mapping I guess. He also connected his computer to the ONT to do some set up.

ah well.. not so plug and play as i thought =:p one main con for MR is the waiting time... really long :o
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
Ok so I decided to install uTorrent to test instead of relying on the stupid DLink DNS-320L.

201417a3a627-b848-4d2b-9aac-0a9e103e2edb.png


Who said cannot reach 3MBps?
 

gabrielkfr

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
My installation is done in a very fast manner. This is the test result part 1:

MyRepublic Speed Test:


SpeedTest.net to ViewQuest server:

Wow... I never even hit 900 before... always <800... :( Even worse these past few days my ping flunctuate till 15ms... normally is 1-3ms... and now my usual 700Mbps dl usually 400-500Mbps only... Don't understand what is the issue :(

FireFox
3602234259.png


MR Speed Test
http://gyazo.com/ac1907c871ac131945a093299bfe27a1

Chrome
3602238969.png


MR Speed Test
http://gyazo.com/c0667f3f22a9e41797fa06aa4dcef399
 
Last edited:

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
Wow... I never even hit 900 before... always <800... :( Even worse these past few days my ping flunctuate till 15ms... normally is 1-3ms... and now my usual 700Mbps dl usually 400-500Mbps only... Don't understand what is the issue :(

Bro, 15ms ping and 400-500 Mbps download (if for international) is darn good already. You only pay $49/month anyway...
 
Last edited:

limcc

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,561
Reaction score
203
I don't know why there are so many lengthy posts to complain about this and that, but so far NONE evidence was given except the quotes from "neighbors"...

Their customer service may be below standard, but I have been MR customer for 2 years and frankly speaking I seldom need to contact their support, until recently when I want to re-contract.

.............................pardon me for shortening your post

I was on PURE100 for the pass 2 years and I didn't have any major issues with MR, there were some disconnections, crawling speed, etc but they were minor issues that happen maybe once a month, come and gone quickly. I didn't trouble accessing China sites and Twitch was streaming at source smoothly--I don't use Twitch actually, just tested it cause someone kept complaining, I had tested PURE with VQ concurrently. although VQ was more stable for Twitch, the difference was very minor. all in all, I was please with PURE100.

After upgraded to 1Gbps, everyday browsing and P2P was as good and better for utorrent, I could do over 20MBps per torrent, not that I need that speed cause I always more concern about the data I owe to the others. One of the main reason I upgraded is because I need higher upload as PURE only allow 50Mbps, the other is MEGA which I upload frequently to share my videos--NOT pirated hollywood movie or PORN as some VQ supporter was trying to accused me when I proved to them that VQ has lower upload speed to MEGA as compare to MR PURE. the 1Gbps upload is better, needless to say but unfortunately, the upload to MEGA had drop to VQ level! my wild guess is MR is throttling the upload cause the speed will drop from ~1.2MBps to ~500KBps after 1 minute without fail! or maybe the NC has bigger pipe to MEGA compare to MR's own network. for this alone, I kind of hope I didn't upgraded...

TL;DR, just my whining, MR 1Gbps does able to sustain close to 100MBps of download, at least locally.

140702-5xGD-on-MR1Gbps-2_zps68bae5cc.png


5GB done in less than 1.5 minute or 55MBps average. you don't need what SSD or high end whatever BS from the other saleperson had claimed.
 

ERT

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2001
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
3
Magically, Rotten Tomatoes decides to finally load!
Spoke too soon..... still doesn't load in IE, but loads in Chrome & FF.

Try downloading Windows 8.1 update from Windows Store.
See how fast the download is going.
 
Last edited:

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
Congrats - I am testing the download of a 50 GB later

Ok downloading a 50GB file from Microsoft Azure hosted private site takes 1hour44min via Firefox 30.0, directly connected to AC68u router. Transfer throughput was about 9MB/sec
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top