4771
16GB ram
MSI H87-G43
hmm... if i were you i would try another cable and also get support from MR..

4771
16GB ram
MSI H87-G43
hmm... if i were you i would try another cable and also get support from MR..
will leave it to another day to find out what am I not hitting 900+mbps.resolved by removing the mac address on the WAN configuration of the N66U. managed to hit 800mbps. not ideal but it's a good start.will leave it to another day to find out what am I not hitting 900+mbps.
guess the N66U is really struggling to push 1gbps on WAN100% CPU for just running speed test
![]()
Same to my parent home , my latest router is asus RT56u buy from MR , manage to hit 800mbps below onlyresolved by removing the mac address on the WAN configuration of the N66U. managed to hit 800mbps. not ideal but it's a good start.will leave it to another day to find out what am I not hitting 900+mbps.
There's at least one forummer here who said N66 can reach 900+Mbps (I think it was @Just Me but cannot be 100% sure). I've always been curious to know what is the routing throughput limit of N66. Can you try the test with latest RMerlin firmware?guess the N66U is really struggling to push 1gbps on WAN100% CPU for just running speed test
![]()
i am on N66U MerlinThere's at least one forummer here who said N66 can reach 900+Mbps (I think it was @Just Me but cannot be 100% sure). I've always been curious to know what is the routing throughput limit of N66. Can you try the test with latest RMerlin firmware?
Straight from the horse's mouth:anyone knows what firmware is recommended for Asus AC68U? stock but updated can do?
what's the main difference between stock vs merlin?
Not necessarily, as imacbie has shown above.does that mean I need to upgrade to ASUS RT-AC68U
for 1Gbps..?
anyone knows what firmware is recommended for Asus AC68U? stock but updated can do?
what's the main difference between stock vs merlin?
edit: finally got connected to MR!
Direct ONT
![]()
Wireless 2t2r
![]()
quite happy with the results![]()
Looking good sia, for the wireless.
Not necessarily, as imacbie has shown above.
He is using N66U.
Yeah, that's right.. N66U (merlin f/w) no issues with getting 930-940Mbps for MR. Even my friend's N56U (padaven f/w) can achieve this speed.. using belden cat6 cables..There's at least one forummer here who said N66 can reach 900+Mbps (I think it was @Just Me but cannot be 100% sure). I've always been curious to know what is the routing throughput limit of N66. Can you try the test with latest RMerlin firmware?
btw when will get the router voucher?