MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ulkifli

Senior Member
Joined
May 23, 2011
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
0
I am still unable to log into my account. It's taking quite a long time to resolve this.. seems like others are now able to but how come in batches?? shouldn't it be all or nothing?
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
I am still unable to log into my account. It's taking quite a long time to resolve this.. seems like others are now able to but how come in batches?? shouldn't it be all or nothing?

Nic send me an email to reset password, but the email only last for 30 mins. Weird. Den i request for another email and i reset password. All is okay, just that AUg 2014 is still unpaid which GIRO alrdy deducted le. Shall see whats their reply.
 

2ulkifli

Senior Member
Joined
May 23, 2011
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
0
Nic send me an email to reset password, but the email only last for 30 mins. Weird. Den i request for another email and i reset password. All is okay, just that AUg 2014 is still unpaid which GIRO alrdy deducted le. Shall see whats their reply.

I cannot even reset my password!! telling me my id is wrong... :eek:
 

2ulkifli

Senior Member
Joined
May 23, 2011
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
0
chat line is unmanned?? but states

"Our chat lines are open from 9am to 5pm, Mon to Fri. Our agents are not available at the moment. Please kindly leave your message and we'll get back to you soon."
 

leongws

Master Member
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
3,041
Reaction score
676
I did not opt out for teleport service but under myaccount it shows something like I didn't opt in for it. I thought all subscriber is auto opt in? Wonder will we be charge monthly fee for teleport once free offer is over after August as it shows it not enable under myaccount.
Btw how do I opt out now if it's indeed system migration issue? Now the webpage totally different from the instruction by MR through email previously stating steps to take to opt out of it. They show the steps using old interface
 
Last edited:

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
Voice is down

Hi everyone,

We are aware of an issue affecting a number of our Voice customers. Our engineering team is on the case and we’re definitely trying to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

We will post updates when we receive them.

Your patience is much appreciated and our sincerest apologies to customers affected.

- The MyRepublic Team
 

junclot

Master Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2011
Messages
4,325
Reaction score
0
China connection cmi again?

since ystday nite, now lagi worse wor

Jurong East, wired, 1GB pure, granted my router lousy N15U limited to 600-700MB but .......

FeJsQa0.png
 
Last edited:

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
I did not opt out for teleport service but under myaccount it shows something like I didn't opt in for it. I thought all subscriber is auto opt in? Wonder will we be charge monthly fee for teleport once free offer is over after August as it shows it not enable under myaccount.
Btw how do I opt out now if it's indeed system migration issue? Now the webpage totally different from the instruction by MR through email previously stating steps to take to opt out of it. They show the steps using old interface

As I last aware, the add-on page still have errors. But you still can teleport right? Service not affected so give them time to address. I let you know once mine is fixed. :)

In addition, if anyone has issues with wrong credit card info on the new account page, you can simply edit the new cc info, and your next bill will take effect after a day of change. My aug bill is successful deducted from my latest cc card.
 

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
Just referencing to Singtel's latest announcement for its unlimited plan at 69.99, it clearly targeting at MR, even marketing plans follow MR. Will MR respond to this game?
 

leongws

Master Member
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
3,041
Reaction score
676
As I last aware, the add-on page still have errors. But you still can teleport right? Service not affected so give them time to address. I let you know once mine is fixed. :)

In addition, if anyone has issues with wrong credit card info on the new account page, you can simply edit the new cc info, and your next bill will take effect after a day of change. My aug bill is successful deducted from my latest cc card.

When I try going to Netflix, I show the region message. Only manages to bypass the msg using hola unblocker. I have manually input one of Mr ip(ending with 126) and another using Google ip instead of leaving blank for my router config. Is this config correct for teleport?
 
Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Just referencing to Singtel's latest announcement for its unlimited plan at 69.99, it clearly targeting at MR, even marketing plans follow MR. Will MR respond to this game?

Singtel Unlimited Fibre 2 years contract
$69.90 x 24 months = $1,677.60


MR Ultra 1Gbps 2 years contract
$49.99 x 24 months + $58 service installation = $1,257.76 or $52.41/mth
 

pedokuma

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
0
I received a call from MR sales person few months back saying my account is ready to be upgraded but expiry was (May2015). He said no installation fee or any hidden charges will be needed as the account is in the last year contract. I double confirmed with him that there are no installation charges or any hidden charges and went ahead with the upgrade.

This month after the upgrade to 1GBPS, i was charged for installation fees and my some of my streams(Twitch and CNBC news) are unwatchable due to lag where the 100mbps is working fine for me.

I feel like I was pushed to upgrade with false/misleading information and the user experiences felt like a downgrade from 100plan. I signed MR when MR started and during that time, I thought MR will be my ISP to go to... Now, ... ... ...
 

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2002
Messages
17,819
Reaction score
107
need some advise here. have subscribed to MR 1Gbps plan and now having doubts on my setup. How some experts here can help shed some light. I opted for the AC68U router though.

My home is the new BTO type with the TP in the switch box. I've also converted all phone lines to LAN lines in the switch box.

So my plan is this:
TP -> ONT -> AC68U -> patch panel
(with this, my wifi will have reach issues since the router is closed in the switch box)

2nd plan:
TP -> ONT -> gigabit switch -> patch panel
(the AC68U router will be used in my Study room such that the wifi will be evenly distributed to MBR and living room.)

Any suggestions welcomed. thanks!
My future plans includes ip webcams, NAS and media box streaming.
 

addict951

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Messages
188,320
Reaction score
20,563
eh guys, quick question
I know asked many times riao
What to do upon termination of MR?? equipment how??
 

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
55,968
Reaction score
2,301
need some advise here. have subscribed to MR 1Gbps plan and now having doubts on my setup. How some experts here can help shed some light. I opted for the AC68U router though.

My home is the new BTO type with the TP in the switch box. I've also converted all phone lines to LAN lines in the switch box.

So my plan is this:
TP -> ONT -> AC68U -> patch panel
(with this, my wifi will have reach issues since the router is closed in the switch box)

2nd plan:
TP -> ONT -> gigabit switch -> patch panel
(the AC68U router will be used in my Study room such that the wifi will be evenly distributed to MBR and living room.)
Your 2nd plan will not work as you intended. Connecting a switch to the WAN will not do what you want. You should insert a wired router between the ONT and the switch. Just get a router capable of routing 1Gbps (e.g. used N56U, just disable the wireless). Your AC68U should be configured as an AP.
Code:
[FONT="Fixedsys"]
TP -> ONT -> wired Gbit router LAN1 -> Gbit switch -> patch panel ports
                       wired Gbit router LAN2 -> patch panel port -> AC68U (AP mode)
                       wired Gbit router LAN3/4 -> patch panel port(s) -> other higher bandwidth devices (PC etc)
[/FONT]


you have to check if your land line is cat 5e or 6 or 6e. i think bto usually uses 5e which do not support 1gb connection.
Cat 5e does support Gbit.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top