MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

daksha

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2010
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
no, the guy that took the nc ont is from nucleus connect, he ask me to talk to mr people, and its damn stupid of them to do that. terrible service, now i have to use my mobile plan till tmr. And i have to call them back again for their status, rather than them calling me back.

if tmr by 1pm, they are not going to fix this situation, i hope can terminate the contract since it has not started.

I thought it should be the same MR Field Engineer who takes the NC ONT back and install the new ONT?



I doubt you can use back the same ONT issued by MR for Starhub.

If you intend to subscribe Starhub, I think OpenNet will be involved to either perform Fibre Takeover to switch from MR to Starhub or activate the Port 2 of the TP for Starhub.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
Its 29 Aug 2014 le, and my account still shows that the month of Aug is unpaid. Hope it can be settled quickly and i wun get fined and i dun have to make noise after 1.5 yrs of using MR happily...
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Its 29 Aug 2014 le, and my account still shows that the month of Aug is unpaid. Hope it can be settled quickly and i wun get fined and i dun have to make noise after 1.5 yrs of using MR happily...

Your account as in bank account or MR account?
 

vivi67

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2014
Messages
46
Reaction score
5
Cust service really needs to buck up. seems like really no way I can't get in touch with you guys yet you guys blatantly claim to try contact me for 5 months un-contactable in the email. Fantastic.

My bills all been paid ya yet my enquiry for double-deduction for a month issue hasn't been answered (you guys billed already, so I expect at least some clarification please? after so long!) Anyways emailed the billing team too, but nothing back after more than half a month.
 

socrates

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
81
I am terminating as I am going over to M1 which offers a cheaper $29.99 for 100 Mbps.
 

ERT

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2001
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
3
MR NOC! Your routing to Germany is ******* TRASH!

Tracing route to www.canyon.com [80.251.83.97]

1 2 ms 2 ms 7 ms 172.21.0.1
2 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms 40GE-103-6-148-45.myrepublic.com.sg [103.6.148.45]
3 163 ms 161 ms 164 ms xe-1-3-0.sin10.ip4.gtt.net [183.182.80.69]
4 172 ms 173 ms 173 ms xe-1-3-2.sjc10.ip4.gtt.net [141.136.109.21]
5 172 ms 175 ms 179 ms level3-10ge-peering [77.67.69.98]
6 318 ms 321 ms 320 ms vlan90.csw4.SanJose1.Level3.net [4.69.152.254]
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 318 ms 318 ms * ae-72-72.csw2.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.69.148.38]
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 318 ms 317 ms 317 ms ae-44-44.ebr2.London1.Level3.net [4.69.137.77]
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 338 ms 339 ms 336 ms ae-21-21.ebr1.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [4.69.143.53]
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 319 ms 320 ms 320 ms ae-22-3205.car2.Dusseldorf1.Level3.net [4.69.161.166]
16 * 353 ms 323 ms 212.162.49.34
17 329 ms 329 ms 329 ms wysiwyg-gw.dus2.mesh.eu [213.203.213.250]
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 329 ms 331 ms 333 ms Testsieger-Bikes direkt vom Hersteller | Canyon Direktvertrieb [80.251.83.97]
 

frizee

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
7,859
Reaction score
1,462
nivleK1985 / MR,

It's been 3 days since i encountered problem logging into my account and resetting password.

Can anyone do something?

Thanks! :)
 

keanteac

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2012
Messages
18,879
Reaction score
8
Same. Planning the jump over to VQ when contract ends on Dec


I too stupid and click the online form submit the upgrade to 1Gbps.
They haven't come to my house upgrade the 1Gbps.
Is that means automatically contract for another 2 years ?
 

duri4n

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2010
Messages
769
Reaction score
0
I too stupid and click the online form submit the upgrade to 1Gbps.
They haven't come to my house upgrade the 1Gbps.
Is that means automatically contract for another 2 years ?

If your activation date for the 1Gbps plan is still in the future, advice is to contact them IMMEDIATELY and request to cancel.

I was in the same situation as you, when the plan was announced I submitted the form. However after repeated poor customer service and connections, I decided enough is enough, called in to cancel and they processed(cancelled) it.

Now I'm free to shop around, no more tying myself into another 2 years of suffering.
 

ra[g]e

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
5,934
Reaction score
75
Hi

I am nearing my 2 years contract with MR as well. The 100M speed has been fine on nucleus box, but i do not want to go thru the terrible upgrade experience to 1G.

How can I terminate the service ? Do i have to call or email ?
I'm not sure lol. Waiting for my VQ to setup then I'll cancel. I recall its just a phone call then maybe you can go down and return the ONT or something like that.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Decision whether to sign up/recontract with Myrepublic should be based on usage rather than experience of others

Why? - because others get the problem doesn't necessary mean that you would get it as well. There is no statistical information in place to prove that you will/will not get the same problem.

Exceptions - Twitch TV. So far many has reported problems with twitch TV, which means this is a common problem rather than a unique one. As I have personally tested, twitch tv can only be viewed in medium quality without buffering. This is fine in my opinion if you are streaming any games without any need to read any small words. For those games such as RTS or MOBA when reading small words is required medium quality won't give you a pleasant experience.

So if you want twitch TV, look elsewhere for now.

So why sign up? - Torrent and direct downloads. MR is the cheapest when it comes to good torrenting speeds and direct downloads off file lockers using downloaders.
 

ra[g]e

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
5,934
Reaction score
75
Decision whether to sign up/recontract with Myrepublic should be based on usage rather than experience of others

Why? - because others get the problem doesn't necessary mean that you would get it as well. There is no statistical information in place to prove that you will/will not get the same problem.

Exceptions - Twitch TV. So far many has reported problems with twitch TV, which means this is a common problem rather than a unique one. As I have personally tested, twitch tv can only be viewed in medium quality without buffering. This is fine in my opinion if you are streaming any games without any need to read any small words. For those games such as RTS or MOBA when reading small words is required medium quality won't give you a pleasant experience.

So if you want twitch TV, look elsewhere for now.

So why sign up? - Torrent and direct downloads. MR is the cheapest when it comes to good torrenting speeds and direct downloads off file lockers using downloaders.

As for your statement in bold, all I can say is there is no smoke without fire.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
I too stupid and click the online form submit the upgrade to 1Gbps.
They haven't come to my house upgrade the 1Gbps.
Is that means automatically contract for another 2 years ?

No such thing as automatically contract. The online submission form is only to opt in and indicate interest.

I have seen some subscribers not contacted by MR for the installation after their contract is up (myself included)

So if want to stick around, contact them yourself. If not as long as you never agree on an installation date you can call them to inform them and subsequently terminate.
 

champ168

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Any kind soul can tell me if I'm out of contract on pure 100mpbs at $59 and I want to terminate it what charges do I have to pay? Went to ask at my Republic shop n they told me need to pay Ard $50 but see online like out of contract no need to pay leh. Can help? Thanks a lot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top