idunnomyname
Member
- Joined
- Mar 23, 2009
- Messages
- 238
- Reaction score
- 3
anyone know why same website (baidu) but download speed so much diff?


![]()
anyone know why same website (baidu) but download speed so much diff?![]()
Hi @YouKilledKenny, have you tried the new firmware ( http://www.mediafire.com/download/u20q655h4yjq962/RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_376.48_1.zip ) , I can't seem to connect to my machines externally via RDP or sFTP ...
I was trying it out today, and apologies that I can't test those features, cause it seems 376.48_1 is causing my speeds (speedtest.myrepublic.com.sg) to go to the 300Mbps++ range.
I had to go back to 376.44, and I'm back in business it seems,
![]()
My firmware version is 3.0.0.4.374_5656.
Thanks for the info! That's the one where they first fixed the 300mbps+ maxed speed issue isn't it?
Just a word of caution though, if you are using the merlin based firmware for OpenVPN, 374.5656 might have the heartbleed bug. If you don't then I guess its alright.
If I never remember wrongly, I did not encounter any 300 Mbps cap on any firmware version before 374_5656.
I am using the ASUS official firmware not Merlin based firmware.
Going up to 376_48_1 caused my speeds to top off at 500++Mbps.
Dropping back down to 376_44 solves the speed issue (back to 900++Mbps).
The 300mbps cap can come from multiple issues/settings.
Any of the following settings when triggered/disabled limits speed between 300-500mbps.
IPv6 - Reason is NAT acceleration is disabled
NAT Acceleration - If its disabled 300mbps would be the rough cap
VPN Server - Same as above.
I see, back when we first had the 1Gbps service installed, a few of us were complaining about the AC68U,
MyRepublic fibre - Part 4 - Page 294 - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
Specifically, making any changes to the WiFi settings (other than using the default settings) would cause the router to top off at 300++Mbps.
If I remember rightly, 374_5656 is the first firmware to fix the issue. I had and still am having very good experiences with 376_44.
Going up to 376_48_1 caused my speeds to top off at 500++Mbps.
Dropping back down to 376_44 solves the speed issue (back to 900++Mbps).
I was aware of the issue on AC68U but I did not encounter on my AC56U back then.
Ac56 was facing a similar issue as well.
Quick heads-up for all you Taobao junkies: If you use the 阿里旺旺 messenger, you should check your Windows Task Manager (if you're using Windows) for AliPay processes running in the background.
Turns out that one of the AliPay processes running in the background was scanning all my network traffic (probably for some security bullcrap) and severely limiting my network speeds. Switched it off and now its back purring at 900+++Mbps (use msconfig to stop 阿里旺旺 from auto-starting).
everytime high volume of calls!!!
You only have 1 staff???
call waits till drop!!!
your network and CS are like ****!
