MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Now VQ has confirmed with me that the FTO date is 13th Jan and they submitted to OpenNet already. So by right, as long as I call MR and instruct them of my FTO date, they should be able to tell OpenNet to release my port and terminate my MR internet only on the 13th Jan morning. But they are making things difficult for me. Proves me right when I say they have a total lack of integrity. Will never deal with them again even give for free, thats what I told them.

If I am not wrong, MR will submit to NLT upon termination and I think the 5 days is the processing time.

Yes, you can request to terminate MR on 13 Jan morning but it still depends on NLT's schedule.
 

ngbc

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,605
Reaction score
218
can anyone advise if MR teleport works with china sites, like sohu, youku, etc

Even if it worked, you want to risk trying their service and get stuck for 2 YEARS after reading this thread?

You actually can browse and watch video on those site (with any ISP) using Google Chrome Browser +Unblock Youku Extension !
 
Last edited:

gasband

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
652
Reaction score
0
If I am not wrong, MR will submit to NLT upon termination and I think the 5 days is the processing time.

Yes, you can request to terminate MR on 13 Jan morning but it still depends on NLT's schedule.

MR has said they will terminate on 13th Jan now, and they will inform Open Net that they will do so. What I heard from other ISPs is that you do not have to terminate before informing Open Net, you can inform Open Net that the FTO date is so and so and MR will indeed terminate on 13th itself and Open Net can get ready to release by then.
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
MR has said they will terminate on 13th Jan now, and they will inform Open Net that they will do so. What I heard from other ISPs is that you do not have to terminate before informing Open Net, you can inform Open Net that the FTO date is so and so and MR will indeed terminate on 13th itself and Open Net can get ready to release by then.

Good to hear that.

I personally have not go through FTO with different ISPs so not too sure about the correct procedures.
 

ryanseah

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
0
Anyone having problems with Netflix on AppleTV? Keep getting an error message saying content can't be loaded, but Hulu is working fine
 

aptget

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 6, 2001
Messages
8,427
Reaction score
1
Use these DNS servers: 103.11.48.190 or 103.11.48.126.

Teleport is already enabled. You can do a nslookup and compare the results against 8.8.8.8.

Really ? Simply change DNS to the above you gave and Teleport will work ? Got to go try this !!! Thanks bud ;)
 

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
17,564
Reaction score
125
Anyone having problems with Netflix on AppleTV? Keep getting an error message saying content can't be loaded, but Hulu is working fine

me too, since SUN, but in desktop it is ok, but will keep buffering every now and then!
have try ipnconfig /flushdns, not helping.
 

slashy98432

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
me too, since SUN, but in desktop it is ok, but will keep buffering every now and then!
have try ipnconfig /flushdns, not helping.


It seems to be the teleport problem. But if you switch off the subtitles, the movies should be able to be played. MR most likely have to update a patch to resolve this.
 

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
4,916
Reaction score
19
Netflix on Chromecast is no longer working, complaining that "content not available in your region (SG)". This is regardless of whatever tricks I have up my sleeve with iptables and DNS rerouting.

I even tried to force all traffic (not just port 53) from 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to 103.11.48.190, by doing

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING 1 -d 8.8.8.8 -j DNAT --to-destination 103.11.48.190
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING 1 -d 8.8.4.4 -j DNAT --to-destination 103.11.48.190


I understand this might not be MR's issue necessarily.

I wonder if Chromecast or Netflix is doing more IP geo-location rather than just taking DNS replies at face-value.
 

JeNoVa-IcHiGo

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
0
YOu might want to try to do iptables and routing for OpenDNS as well. not just google DNS, as per what I stated before few pages back.

208.67.222.222 & i forgot... go google :p
 

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
6,405
Reaction score
2
it is really saddening to see, support guys from another provider, providing support in this thread. when official support for this thread is nowhere to be seen.
 

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
4,916
Reaction score
19
YOu might want to try to do iptables and routing for OpenDNS as well. not just google DNS, as per what I stated before few pages back.

208.67.222.222 & i forgot... go google :p

Thanks for the suggestion!

I'd be quite surprised if Chromecast ever depended on OpenDNS, but it doesn't hurt at all to try!

I'll give this a shot when I get home later, thanks!
 

llfluffyll

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, this is the second week I'm on MR and sadly to say I have not a single day of smooth internet. Called them tons of times and the technician has came down thrice and I'm still having problems.

So I'm using the AC 56U router. My wifi signal is forever just identifying/connecting, and chrome always says that I'm not connected to the internet.

Any kind soul here knows what I can do? Btw, I'm connected to 2.4Ghz
 

cyberet

Senior Member
Joined
May 28, 2001
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
329
Hey guys, this is the second week I'm on MR and sadly to say I have not a single day of smooth internet. Called them tons of times and the technician has came down thrice and I'm still having problems.

So I'm using the AC 56U router. My wifi signal is forever just identifying/connecting, and chrome always says that I'm not connected to the internet.

Any kind soul here knows what I can do? Btw, I'm connected to 2.4Ghz

try using merlin firmware, and update your wifi adapter driver
Download | Asuswrt-Merlin
please reset your ac56 after changing firmware, and reconfigure from scratch


had similar issues with another ISP, but solved after I did the above
 

llfluffyll

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
try using merlin firmware, and update your wifi adapter driver
Download | Asuswrt-Merlin
please reset your ac56 after changing firmware, and reconfigure from scratch


had similar issues with another ISP, but solved after I did the above

Thanks cyberet, I'm kind of a noob. So I just have to download the firmware, and where do I put that? Reconfigure meaning reinstall the modem again?
 
Last edited:

cyberet

Senior Member
Joined
May 28, 2001
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
329
Thanks cyberet, I'm kind of a noob. So I just have to download the firmware, and where do I put that? Do I also just google for wifi adapter driver? Reconfigure meaning reinstall the modem again?

hmm... you have to login your router, goto administrative page, and choose firmware update, after which you have to choose the firmware which you've downloaded to your computer.


wifi adapter need to go control panel -> device manager to check what adapter you are using and goto the respective manufacturer website to locate the latest drivers.
 

aLeX84

Master Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2004
Messages
3,096
Reaction score
1,122
Netflix on Chromecast is no longer working, complaining that "content not available in your region (SG)". This is regardless of whatever tricks I have up my sleeve with iptables and DNS rerouting.

I even tried to force all traffic (not just port 53) from 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to 103.11.48.190, by doing

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING 1 -d 8.8.8.8 -j DNAT --to-destination 103.11.48.190
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING 1 -d 8.8.4.4 -j DNAT --to-destination 103.11.48.190


I understand this might not be MR's issue necessarily.

I wonder if Chromecast or Netflix is doing more IP geo-location rather than just taking DNS replies at face-value.

For those peeps having trouble with Netflix, you're not alone. Netflix has begun to crack down on DNS VPN services like Teleport in other countries as well, probably due to pressure from content providers. Looks like climbing bukit timah is the best way to get your Netflix fix for now :s8:
 

llfluffyll

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
hmm... you have to login your router, goto administrative page, and choose firmware update, after which you have to choose the firmware which you've downloaded to your computer.


wifi adapter need to go control panel -> device manager to check what adapter you are using and goto the respective manufacturer website to locate the latest drivers.

Hey cyberet, so I've downloaded and chose the last file as the firmware to be uploaded. That should do it right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top